Status
Not open for further replies.

HgS

Dec 13, 2019
Do you guys see any Xbox marketing in your country? I'm from the Netherlands and see absolutely nothing about the new console. The only time I see anything related to Xbox Series X is when I'm searching for it or on Twitter. I know it's still a few months away, but still.
I don't in Canada. But without a release date or price it's kind of hard. Like...

"Coming this fall. A console at sometime, with some price and some games and some features... And you can't preorder now!"

Last edited:

In Amber Clad

behind a perfect mask
Aug 26, 2018
London
I'm actually a little surprised this thread managed just shy of two months. It feels like it's been a lot shorter than that. If someone told me this thread was started say, five weeks ago (and I was too lazy to go and check myself), I'd believe them.

Feels like it's really whizzed by.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Both the Playstaiton OT and the Xbox OT are starting to feel like the Nintendo OT.

"Surely during the next thread we will get answers."

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'm actually a little surprised this thread managed just shy of two months. It feels like it's been a lot shorter than that. If someone told me this thread was started say, five weeks ago (and I was too lazy to go and check myself), I'd believe them.

it really does feel like that, doesn't it. Especially when you take into account the gap between announcement and then showing of the showcase etc.. add lack of console news and you would think it would have taken a lifetime to pass, but it really hasn't felt all that long.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Both the Playstaiton OT and the Xbox OT are starting to feel like the Nintendo OT.

"Surely during the next thread we will get answers."
I have to admit, I like how ballsy Nintendo is by pretending they have zero plans for the rest of the year.
"Oh, you guys want video games? Sorry, we don't make those anymore. Please enjoy more Animal Crossing updates!"

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Two months? It started in July 12

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Quick reminder, the Xbox One X Project Scorpio begun preorders on August 20 (was presented during Gamescom) and released on November 6th 2018. So I have a faint hope that this might be the path for Series X/S again
Oooh, good shout! Yup, I'm now going to hope that is when we will hear and fingers crossed we get something like a Project Scarlett edition!

In Amber Clad

behind a perfect mask
Aug 26, 2018
London
it really does feel like that, doesn't it. Especially when you take into account the gap between announcement and then showing of the showcase etc.. add lack of console news and you would think it would have taken a lifetime to pass, but it really hasn't felt all that long.

Well...

Two months? It started in July 12

... it turns out I can't read :D

I've no idea how I managed to misread that, haha.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Do you guys see any Xbox marketing in your country? I'm from the Netherlands and see absolutely nothing about the new console. The only time I see anything related to Xbox Series X is when I'm searching for it or on Twitter. I know it's still a few months away, but still.
Are either company marketing their new system yet? I haven't seen anything in the US outside of enthusiast gaming spaces.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Edit; Let me ask that again, this time without being an idiot. Why was BlackHeartVinyl banned? Don't tell me he was an alt too.

Last edited:

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Seems like Microsofts core business is software and services. What's the thinking behind people would assuming that they wouldn't have the more mature development tools and the resources to support them?
I simply see it as Microsoft went raw power. Sony went fancy new SSD. Devs haven't used fancy SSDs so in the future maybe they can use that to compensate for some of the power difference but until then XSX will be easier to dev for

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
I was going to go with 2.3 seconds and 2.7 seconds.

Really 2.5 seconds is a threshold where you must throw your plastic box that plays games out the window.

The real question would be : if the PS5 SSD is twice faster than the XsX SSD, and the loading is "instant" on the PS5. What would be the loading time on XsX ? What's "instant x2" ? less instant ? instant but not that much ? Noticeably instant ?

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
I simply see it as Microsoft went raw power. Sony went fancy new SSD. Devs haven't used fancy SSDs so in the future maybe they can use that to compensate for some of the power difference but until then XSX will be easier to dev for
The SSD will never close the gap between the two, that's wishful thinking by some. The truth is the XSX will have the better looking mutliplat versions 99% of the times, but the differences will be very small in most cases

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
The SSD will never close the gap between the two, that's wishful thinking by some. The truth is the XSX will have the better looking mutliplat versions 99% of the times, but the differences will be very small in most cases

Yeah, that last bit is important. Enthusiasts may care, but for the majority of players it's not gonna matter. It's not even gonna be like the Xbox One VS the PS4 where Xbox versions early on sometimes struggled to hit playable framerates at HD. The PS5 might resort to fake 4k, but it'll be exactly as playable as the Xbox version, for most people the difference between true 4k and checkerboard won't enter in to it.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Quick reminder, the Xbox One X Project Scorpio begun preorders on August 20 (was presented during Gamescom) and released on November 6th 2018. So I have a faint hope that this might be the path for Series X/S again

in normal times I would agree, but everything i'm hearing now points to September for MS, maybe Sony pull the trigger in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.