VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's been almost 5 years!

tenor.gif

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
Also I am not a fan of anything motion via controller but I feel like MS should have included gyro in their new controller.

Heavy agree, been playing some PS4 games after picking one up since the gen is ending, and been enjoying some of the integration of the in controller gyro. My favorite integration across all consoles is still BotW though. The bit of precision added when aiming the bow is great. I know not everyone is a fan of motion controls, but I'd be interested to see them make even a minor appearance this gen with the Series X!

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Haha you're not alone! I get fired up for all these shows! It's silly but fuck it, it's fun.
Glad to see I'm not alone on that haha.

Hopefully you get a good pre-show and first half hour. I can just imagine sitting through a meeting, after just watching half of the main show and feigning interest over what was been discussed, as my brain is doing laps over what I'm missing. Ah grown up life eh!? lol

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And (essentially) on Stadia. And on every game streaming platform. And to some extent even on mobile devices when you pay for a data plan (though, I suppose you COULD just use WiFi). Yea, they're all a little different from console, but if you don't pay separately for the online service, you're not doing any gaming for most of these.

I mean.. meh.

Online play is free on Stadia. I mean sure you have to buy the games but then you can play them online forever at no extra cost. The Pro subscription service is just a monthly games thing like GwG or PS+.

MattHeus

Mar 2, 2019
Unless I missed a memo recently, you have to pay for online play on all three platforms now. Xbox were the only ones charging for it last gen, but Sony and Nintendo both got on the money train this gen.

Cheaper?! Some people barely understand the economics of Game Pass as it exists now, lol.

Online play is paid for on all three platforms.

Guys I'm talking about what they said on the podcast, Microsoft platforms Xcloud and PC... It is weird that SeriesX is suposed to be a premium experience while being the only place with a Paywall

Last edited:

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
yes its a really cool feature... in multiplayer

i frankly hated it in singleplayer (mostly because i hated 100% of osiris team)
You take that back. Vale was cool :(

Online play is free on Stadia. I mean sure you have to buy the games but then you can play them online forever at no extra cost. The Pro subscription service is just a monthly games thing like GwG or PS+.
Oh is the free tier out already? Gosh, did not realize that.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017

Hadn't seen this before, cool of Cory.

That 1st Xbox podscast should go up today, really looking forward to it. Didn't realise Alanah was such a big Halo fan.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

That 1st Xbox podscast should go up today, really looking forward to it. Didn't realise Alanah was such a big Halo fan.

She's a big everything fan. Which is a big reason why she's so respected (aside from the fact that she does her research, has lots of friends, puts effort into her work and presentation, and seems genuinely cool while being just a tiny bit sassy). Excited to hear this. Do they have a time for when it's dropping?

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
4k 60 on YouTube after event!

Oh shit! Now I am actually considering just waiting. Will it be available right away or probably a hour later or so? We probably don't know, but can't hurt to ask.

Pre show focused on third parties
Actual show focused only on XGS

That would be....ideal. But I don't think the stream will be only XGS. Insiders have told us that 3P will be there as well and they didn't mention a pre show. But that's fine.

I am very curious what the 3P (ala Ryse, DR3, SO) could be here.

Steo

Sep 28, 2018
Dublin, Ireland.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I don't know if it was already known, Tell Me Why: Chapter 1 (of 3) page went up on the store. No date yet, sadly. And based on how they bundled it, it won't be purchasable stand-alone but only as part of the Tell Me Why bundle. Makes sense and it doesn't matter too much anyway, as it'll be in Game Pass.

apps.22988.13511199099758791.04c4e8c5-b918-4ced-8967-a58ff24d8c88.a666f1e2-e58f-4024-b958-24f579474a37

Uzyskaj produkt Tell Me Why | Xbox

Twins Alyson and Tyler Ronan return to their small Alaskan town to sell their childhood home. As they sift through memories, ghostly images from their childhood cast doubt on what they remember about their mother's final days.

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

From what I remember from her days on Xbox Unlocked. Halo is special to her, due to it being an activity she shared with a friend who passed away. She was visibly moved when speaking about her memories of sharing all her time playing Halo with her him/her. She's also a massive Fable fan, she should post here (this thread).

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I don't know it it was already known, Tell Me Why: Chapter 1 (of 3) page went up on the store. No date yet, sadly. And based on how they bundled it, it won't be purchasable stand-alone but only as part of the Tell Me Why bundle. Makes sense and it doesn't matter too much anyway, as it'll be in Game Pass.

apps.22988.13511199099758791.04c4e8c5-b918-4ced-8967-a58ff24d8c88.a666f1e2-e58f-4024-b958-24f579474a37

Uzyskaj produkt Tell Me Why | Xbox

Twins Alyson and Tyler Ronan return to their small Alaskan town to sell their childhood home. As they sift through memories, ghostly images from their childhood cast doubt on what they remember about their mother's final days.
Sure seems like we might be getting an announcement about (and/or just the) release real, real soon.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I'm excited about Kinda Funny's show.
It seems like they aren't usually as invested in Xbox as Playstation so it should be a breath of fresh air with that New cast.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited about Kinda Funny's show.
It seems like they aren't usually as invested in Xbox as Playstation so it should be a breath of fresh air with that New cast.
Should be good, I mean, Greg/Blessing do try but they continually get information and motivations about Xbox/MS wrong. Having a dedicated Xbox panel will good for the overall quality of their output, can see then reaching a new audience. Grumpy old Gary can be fun too.

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
Should be good, I mean, Greg/Blessing do try but they continually get information and motivations about Xbox/MS wrong. Having a dedicated Xbox panel will good for the overall quality of their output, can see then reaching a new audience. Grumpy old Gary can be fun too.
He used to host a podcast like in 2006-7, I think he was usually expressing pro-360 sentiments back in the day. I'm impressed how far he made it as a writer since then, being a screenwriter for a Star Wars movie (a good one at that) must be a career highlight.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
From what I remember from her days on Xbox Unlocked. Halo is special to her, due to it being an activity she shared with a friend who passed away. She was visibly moved when speaking about her memories of sharing all her time playing Halo with her him/her. She's also a massive Fable fan, she should post here (this thread).

Ah damn yea that will do it, that sucks . You can see her in a group reaction to the Discover Hope trailer, the others are talking over it but she is sat there in silence getting emotional.

Which leads me onto how watching reaction videos (the genuine ones) have kept my hype fueled over the past few months, I can't wait to see people's reactions to all the trailers we're getting on the 23rd.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
As for that Jeff Grub video and especially that other person in the video......i get that Xbox has been disappointing with exceptions of excellent games like Ori and Forza, So and a few others but the fact is that Xbox's future hasn't looked this bright in years with all these new studios full of people that have plenty of talent AND creative freedom.

So to that guy and many others overall I just want to say "hey, it can't hurt to just look forward to their show. To not only finally see Halo Infinite but also the return of Fable and probably other new RPGs and just in general new stuff."

There is nothing but reasons to truly be excited about the future of Xbox. Similar are those folks that go" they better not only come with Halo, Forza and Gears again ". At this point that shit is just laughable.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't do this to me. Just don't...

Sorry, had to share my suffering about PGR long absence.

So close. You were one number away from the perfect comment.

60 would be perfect but as a showcase of raytracing I think 30 is more realistic.

Irrational hope is the last thing I need right now

Sorry, I could not keep that Irrational hope to myself :(

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I really don't know a damn thing about Dealer specifically (never listened to his show, never followed him on Twitter), but I'm with you on allowing people to change and fixing their mistakes. I think that gets dropped way too often.

I agree. Personally, I find that Dealer cannot help himself and still baits people regularly on his videos. Of that group, Colt Eastwood seems the calmest so I watch his stuff. Rand is good too.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
I agree. Personally, I find that Dealer cannot help himself and still baits people regularly on his videos. Of that group, Colt Eastwood seems the calmest so I watch his stuff. Rand is good too.
Colt goes out of his way they be inoffensive, hell just look at the way he signs off. He isn't immmune to some fanboy nonsense. Rand is great as well.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Geoff - "The pre-show for Xbox will include, some new game announcements... and it will include a bunch of trailers and content. For some cool stuff, that ranges from some smaller titles to some really big games as well... they're going to show some content on there. That are you know kinda maybe announced games, but have new content to show."

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I've already been preparing myself for Halo. I haven't been this hyped since E3 2007 for a Halo game. 343 is gonna deliver. I can just feel it.

willbsn

Oct 25, 2017
Geoff - "The pre-show for Xbox will include, some new game announcements... and it will include a bunch of trailers and content. For some cool stuff, that ranges from some smaller titles to some really big games as well... they're going to show some content on there. That are you know kinda maybe announced games, but have new content to show."

You think the Pre-Show is where we could see things like Series X enhancements (and potentially new content) for games like Sea of Thieves, Ori, FH4 etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.