• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saci do PXB

Nov 12, 2017
He said attach it to GP not GPU. That would mean GP gets you PC OR console GP and online play while GPU would get you GP for console & PC, online play, AND Xcloud.
I know. I'm talking about have GP and not have to pay online.
Then, MS needs more users that wants to pay more (to compensate Gold loss). If Gold doesn't exist, GPU ultimate must be more than just Console+PC, because many users don't play on PC and pay GPU because of online. Streaming is a good thing to have; but WHERE Microsoft will offer this in the near term? Sure this will work well in USA, UK... But is it enough? Live Gold has subscribers in so many countries now...

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
I gotta work the weekend so got Thursday off. Beers, crisps (chips according to you folks across the pond) and forum watching all day before the big event : )

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
EqlvPQ8.jpg

That would make me instantly jump back into SoT...

'Power your Dreams' Inspired Poster Series®.

xgs-0.jpg

xgs-1.jpg

xgs-2.jpg

As always, amazing work!

Hoho, these teases are sooo good!

Just to get that expectation right, I don't think anyone should expect a Fable announcement with a gameplay demo like what Halo Infinite will do.

I guess this will rather be in the Horizon II-trailer-like ballpark, so an in-engine trailer but somewhat indicative of what to expect. shinobi602 can feel free to set that straight, but I think this is just a fair expectation.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
3abc16fdb198a456afd9767ccae7311628f45c55.png

The Xbox Games Showcase begins in just 120 hours; in the lead up to the event we are looking at what to expect from each first party studio - today we look at Rare.

Acquired in 2002, Rare has seen plenty of ups and downs as member of Xbox. Known primarily for their incredible output on Nintendo consoles, they've been working hard to reach those heights again. Coming into the current generation, Rare had chosen to focus on Kinect, as they had produced two successful games on 360, with another planned for the launch of the Xbox One. When the Kinect crashed and burned, Rare was forced to return to normal game development - which has been a total blessing. Rare Replay (2015), a collection of thirty Rare games from the past thirty years was released to celebrate the company. Sea of Thieves (2018) demonstrated a new direction for Rare, and thanks to continued post release support, it has thrived and provided optimism for the company going forward to push their creative boundaries and provide unexpected new experiences.

Rare currently has a pretty full plate of projects; overseeing Battletoads in conjunction with Dlala Studios, continuing to support Sea of Thieves, and of course working on their newest project, Everwild. Battletoads seems close to release, recently rated in Brazil, and is currently planned to come to Xbox One. While its has been widely critiqued on the internet, it received generally positive hands on reviews, and with another year of development completed it will be interesting to see how the final product is judged. With Sea of Thieves continuing to find its niche, there's no signs of development stopping soon. There's like a Series X patch underway and some new content planned to align with the release of the Series S/X. Its been exciting to see Sea of Thieves power through the critiques of lacking content and attack them head on, a real testament to Rare's dedication. The biggest question is Everwild, just what is it? Judging by the trailer, and their own words, it seems to be something truly original and hard to pin down from a comparison standpoint. Its visuals are strikingly similar to Sea of Thieves, and while there are hints of other players, they don't behave in a manner consistent with live players. We've heard it rumored to contain god elements, but to what extent, and to what end? Now comes the time to beat the drums of the Banjo-Kazooie speculation, its tradition. Gregg Mayles is currently without a known project, and after last year's Smash Bros appearance, the time to capitalize is now. Whether they are actually working on a game beyond Sea of Thieves or Everwild is unknown, but its certainly not beyond the realm of possibility. Its also important to note that while Rare has focused on new IPs, it hasn't abandoned its old ones given the proper idea, or pitch from an outside studio - so a title like Battletoads could certainly be in development for a different legacy IP.

Rare is going to be at the show, as Everwild will present itself a little more clearly to everyone. Its been in development longer than most believed, some time in 2017, there should be something to show from a gameplay standpoint. Sea of Thieves might be absent, or it could be in the pre-show, but seems its not likely to have a slot in the premier Showcase. On a similar note, Battletoads won't show up either unless it is shadow dropped during the pre-show. So will Everwild be Rare's only game shown? I think not, I believe another project could be revealed - it could be a remake, a new Battletoads like partnership, or maybe something totally new. Like every other studio, Rare has been staffing up, and its very possible another game beyond what is known has been in development and is ready to show.

Do you expect to see Rare at the Showcase - If so, what are your hopes? If not, why and when will we see them next?

- 120 Hours Remain -

*If I forget anything or the wording/information is off, feel free to let me know in a post or DM and I'll edit it in; same goes for things you may think I'm unaware of for studios I've yet to post. I try to keep track of everything, but I may lose sight of some smaller things and rumors so all resources are appreciated!

Click the image below to see the posts for each studio that has been revealed so far.
World's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge's Edge The Coalition inXile Entertainment Compulsion Games Undead Labs Mojang Studios The Initiative Turn 10 Studios Double Fine Productions Xbox Game Studios Publishing

I just want to know whether Everwild offers a meaningful single-player experience (I don't mind co-op options, as long as the game's properly balanced for both). Or tell me it's a shares-world game, so that I can basically ignore it's eXistance same as Sea of Thieves- cool concept, but just totally not my cup of tea.

In either case, Everwild news is one of the things I'm most looking forward to in this showcase.

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
I don't need a huge Fable gameplay demo. Just a great trailer with glimpses of gameplay and a release year... which is hopefully 2021.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to see the setting, direction, and style of the new Fable. An in-engine trailer is fine by me.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I don't need a huge Fable gameplay demo. Just a great trailer with glimpses of gameplay and a release year... which is hopefully 2021.

Who even needs to see gameplay; it'll be a 3rd person action game where you swing swords and throw fireballs.
Unless it'a Changed genre, I can see why we would need to see it.
Also, people will rip on it it yaknow, it looks like a video game

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I just want to know whether Everwild offers a meaningful single-player experience (I don't mind co-op options, as long as the game's properly balanced for both). Or tell me it's a shares-world game, so that I can basically ignore it's eXistance same as Sea of Thieves- cool concept, but just totally not my cup of tea.

In either case, Everwild news is one of the things I'm most looking forward to in this showcase.
Yeah. I'm 100% not interested in a game like sea of thieves. Give me meaningful content day one. I don't want to have to make my own fun or talk like a pirate and RP. I want designed content - ideally completed in linear fashion

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
Who even needs to see gameplay; it'll be a 3rd person action game where you swing swords and throw fireballs.
Unless it'a Changed genre, I can see why we would need to see it.
Also, people will rip on it it yaknow, it looks like a video game

I think the art style is going to shift to a more realistic style. Can't wait to see it. They've been working on it since 2018 it seems so I reckon it will be a 2022 game.

Push

Jun 2, 2018
I keep saying it. If i see Halo, Fable, Hellblade 2 and Everwild it would be amazing show for me already.
I still don't know what it is about Everwild that have you guys lumping it in together with all these titles. We know... NOTHINGG about this game lol. We saw a stylistic art style that we've seen before in some fashion in other games and then some animals, and all of a sudden it's this big game that people are putting next to Halo and Fable?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Oh I totally agree. Not arguing for that in the slightest. Just conveying what I would like. A more linear narrative in a rare game. Because I really do like their art style

Yeah, I do think that Sea or Thieves , whilst a great product now, did suffer from being barebones at launch.It would have been more successful I'm sure if it has have been a little further along

jobbe1978

Jan 18, 2018
Italy
Oh I totally agree. Not arguing for that in the slightest. Just conveying what I would like. A more linear narrative in a rare game. Because I really do like their art style

Yeah, I think it's possible for them to provide a different perspective. They have a lot of genius storytellers. That's a possibility they could do something different than Sea of Thieves

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I still don't know what it is about Everwild that have you guys lumping it in together with all these titles. We know... NOTHINGG about this game lol. We saw a stylistic art style that we've seen before in some fashion in other games and then some animals, and all of a sudden it's this big game that people are putting next to Halo and Fable?
It's made by Rare, that's all we need to know it's going to be an amazing and unique experience.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
What is this thing about putting it next to Halo and Fable?

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
It's at a perfect time for me here in Europe (pre-show at 5, showcase at 6) BUT we now have meetings from 5 to 7 sooooooooooooo damn.

Guess I'll catch the on-demand 4K version instead.

Likewise for me. I just need to find the link without being spoiled that evening! Doesn't appear to be a placeholder link to the 4k video yet.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Likewise for me. I just need to find the link without being spoiled that evening! Doesn't appear to be a placeholder link to the 4k video yet.
Same!! I'm afraid that if I boot up YouTube on my TV or something I'll be BOMBARED by everything and I really just wanna experience the show. Hopefully the OT will have a solution for us? Maybe the first post can add a link or something once it's there?

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017

New IP by Rare and how many AAA games look like that?

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
all I hope it's not going to be a service type of game like Sea of Thieves. I want a story and campaign.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I'd really like to see Microsoft/Xbox Game Studios try to make beautiful photorealistic games. My hope is Ninja Theory really pushes that direction with a new IP from in exile that isn't this top-down experience like Wasteland.

As someone who was just quoted above as being super stoked about his platform/ecosystem of choice since 2005, I play a game like Ghost of Tsushima and see this masterfully and beautifully created world, it just makes me think. How come we have no games like this on Xbox? The closest thing we have to photorealism for an exclusive is probably Quantum Break. I'm really hoping someone adopts that art style moving forward or it's going to be hard for Microsoft to say - check out our awesome graphics for Everwild, a cartoon game (with a great art style).
Come on dude

images

images

True_fan

Banned
Mar 19, 2020
One of these days i want to see a Japanese martial arts anime game, preferably Baki the Grappler. Baki could fight in tournaments all throughout the game leading an impossible boss fight with Yujiro Hanma. This could also be a great versus game with all the different martial arts styles and characters.

Push

Jun 2, 2018
all I hope it's not going to be a service type of game like Sea of Thieves. I want a story and campaign.
People are excited because Rare is developing it, but the reason people love Rare so much is because of the games that most of the core team made back in the day, who have all basically left the studio since then. The only thing we have from Rare to set expectations from is SoT, so putting expectations toward a service type game instead of what Rare used to be is probably more realistic. Hopefully I'm wrong though

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
undeadlabs.bamboohr.com

Senior Character TD

Senior Character TD We want your talents in developing high quality, compelling characters that make an impact on our storytelling and gameplay experience. Undead Labs is looking for an experienced Character TD to develop advanced character pipelines for our next big title. As an individual...

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
People keep hoping that a new IP from Rare will be a "return to roots" single-player experience with the old "Rare magic"

whether those expectations are reasonable remains to be seen, of course. But people want to believe.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Considering when they started work on Fable, I could see a short gameplay trailer to end the show.

Push

Jun 2, 2018
People keep hoping that a new IP from Rare will be a "return to roots" single-player experience with the old "Rare magic"

whether those expectations are reasonable remains to be seen, of course. But people want to believe.
I don't wanna turn into a litebrite, but.. thats very dangerous lol

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping we get a Series X update for Forza Horizon as well. I kinda want to jump back in soon.

ForzaHorizon4_SummerFall_01.gif

ForzaHorizon4_FallWinter_02.gif

ForzaHorizon4_WinterSpring_01.gif

And for the 12th time, please add seasons/dynamic weather to Fable

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Considering when they started work on Fable, I could see a short gameplay trailer to end the show.
The only way I could see it not being Fable is Xbox has an unknown(maybe from Global Pub) that they think will impress. It's not like knowing the name and developer is a lot of info but they might want to end on a complete surprise.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yeah, I do think that Sea or Thieves , whilst a great product now, did suffer from being barebones at launch.It would have been more successful I'm sure if it has have been a little further along
For sure, although Sea of Thieves has evolved with player feedback. Without it, it wouldn't be what it is today. So really, they should have gone the Grounded route and just called it as it was: Early Access.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
The only way I could see it not being Fable is Xbox has an unknown(maybe from Global Pub) that they think will impress. It's not like knowing the name and developer is a lot of info but they might want to end on a complete surprise.

At this point I'm expecting Fable to be second to last, then the Rockstar logo pops up and it's just GTAV again to close out the show for maximum fuckery.

Status
Not open for further replies.