• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which console are you getting?

• PS5 (day one)

Votes: 535 37.5%
  • Xbox Series X (day one)

Votes: 295 20.7%
  • PS5 (down the line)

Votes: 219 15.4%
  • Xbox Series X (down the line)

Votes: 79 5.5%
  • Both (day one)

Votes: 100 7.0%
  • Both (down the line)

Votes: 86 6.0%
  • None

Votes: 111 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 20941

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First of all, please don't let the thread become another place for people to engage in console wars. Even disguised as a "tech enthusiast discussion". It's just embarrassing. Both will certainly do well and your favorite company will live on and release great stuff.

Now I really want to hear people's reasoning in the very early stages of these product launches.

Personally, I'm leaning towards getting the Xbox Series X day one. It's the most powerful console for third party and the fact that it plays Xbox One games is a huge deal when it comes to the early stages of the consoles life cycle imo. Having a big library of games instantly is a big deal for me since console release games seldom are must haves for me.

Now I love some of the PS exclusives and therefore I absolutely will be getting a PS5 down the line.

Of course we still know very little about the consoles right now, however do you have a preferable console in mind right now? Now, this is assuming they will be somewhat similarly priced.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Getting Xbox Series X day one and hoping to get the Playstation 5 for exclusives like two or three years later.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say Xbox if I had to chose, but who am I kidding, I just know I'll end up getting both day one.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really excited for both to be honest. If I were to only buy one I would lean towards PS5 because I have far more confidence in Sony's first party, but I'll be getting both at launch or soon after.

Onvious

Nov 16, 2019
If there is a Bloodborne 2 or remaster, i will buy ps5 otherwise i have no plans for new console

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not buying PS4 again, but I'll grab both PS5 and SX at or near launch like always.

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 will have Sony's dominant first party. Most of which are games I adore.

Idk what Xbox will have. More Halo, Gears, Forza? Only time will tell fof them on that front so I'm going with the sure bet.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Out of the two though, xbox series x. But I might want a PS5 too.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
None. I might upgrade my 6c/12t CPU to an 8c/16t one sometime next year. Not sure even about that, honestly. I play nowhere near 4K60. If raytracing sees some good implementations, I might get a new GPU.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I'll continue with Sony + Nintendo + PC and it isn't really a difficult decision. I don't see any value in Xbox hardware regardless of price or library since I already have a gaming PC.

Whether I get a PS5 at launch or later I haven't decided yet, I'll wait to see the price and launch games.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
PS5, day one. Probably two of them.

Probably would never buy an Xbox now since all of their exclusives are on PC.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Even with dragging of feet on showcasing the new console, it's PlayStation who will have the games I want, VR, and it's where my friends play. XBSX some way along only if they bring out some killer games I simply must have.

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to grab the Series X at launch and pick up a PS5 later on down the line but after reading the story about Uyghur forced labour being used to manufacture some of the electronics supplied to those companies I'm having second thoughts and might end up skipping both consoles.

I am weak and will probably end up caving in eventually :(

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Well never got a console day one, though probably will eventually. Unless something drastic happens PS5 is the most likely bet for the kinds of games I like to play.

Oct 25, 2017
PS5. Microsoft is fucking bringing it with the Series X but for now, Sony, not Microsoft, makes the kinda games I wanna play.

I'll get the Series X when its games start to bear fruit

Anomander

Oct 27, 2017
I have a powerful PC which I'll be playing the multiplatform games on. What excites me is the SSD in PS5 and I'm really looking forward to see how it changes the games and their design.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
PS5 will have first party content that i prefer as well as better Japanese support which is a huuuuge plus for me. Plus I live in a region where the Xbox ecosystem is pretty much non-existant. So yeah PS5 Day 1, maaaaybe XSX further down the line.

NANA

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe PS5 down the line, might be a while tho, as I don't find most of Sony titles appealing these days. I have a decent laptop for multiplats and MS games, so I don't need an Xbox.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
As of now actually, series X due to full better BC support and gamepass. PS5 down the line as exclusives start to get out, PS4 didn't start to get really good games around start of 2015 iirc so. Got mine fall of 2014 and there weren't that many interesting titles to play at the time.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
As of now, PS5. Though I do plan on getting both at launch.

It's as simple as knowing that Sony has the exclusive advantage locked down. Microsoft will need to surprise to change that.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
series x waaaaaaaay down the line, when the dollar isnt almost 6 reais and when the console isnt costing two houses

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
I love most of Microsoft's first party exclusives, it's the more powerful system, and I'll probably never invest in a gaming PC again so it's an easy choice. Still, PlayStation has some awesome singleplayer content that I hope to catch up on one of these days. Depending on Sony's BC solution I might either get a cheap PS4 (or borrow my friend's) to play them or down the line get a PS5.

Oct 25, 2017
Both. Must play Sony exclusives, but so far it seems Microsoft is delivering the hardware and features I want. Not sure which one first or at the same time. Depends on the launch lineups.

Banamy

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox day 1, ps5 later. I'm extremely deep into xbox's ecosystem. Plus a halo superfan.

Apenheul

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm leaning towards Xbox Series X at launch and pretty much exclusively play games on Game Pass, then a couple of years down the line I'll get a PS5 and buy the must-have titles when they're cheap. However, my plans may change if Sony also announces some sort of Game Pass.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Xbox Series X day 1 and PS5 down the line.

I am looking forward to both a great deal, but being a very satisfied Game Pass subscriber now has given the Xbox Series X the edge while I will wait for PS5 to rack up a few exclusives before I buy in.

This will be the only time outside of the first 2 years of Xbox 360 that PlayStation was NOT my main console. I'm kinda seeking a slight change-up and I feel confident right now that Xbox presents a nice alternative to the usual consumption habits I've had, both in terms of the delivery of my games (Game Pass) and the actual ecosystem itself (Xbox). I've historically always owned both, and still continue to plan on that long-term, but PS5 is a wait-a-while this time around.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
PS5, it will always be PS5, nothing MS could do dould make me care unless they bought Capcom, Falcom, Sega and CDPR.

At which point I would get an Xbox but heavily resent them for it.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Probably still the PS5 because my main platform is PC so I'd rather have that for exclusives. Not sure if I'll get it day one or way down the line, leaning towards picking it up later at the moment I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.