• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
There's only one way to find out. I volunteer as tribute.

Zeke, Bathroom
But I don't need to use the facilities 🥺
That's sweat? I always thought those were tears
I figured it was sweat
So did anyone win anything that could be useful for town from said auction? Still want to know how the aucrion role Zeke has could be beneficial to town
This is also a scummy question

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I don't believe words, I believe actions.
always.

and role =/= alignment.
always.

His action was he voted for Saw at a critical time when the trains weren't yet finalized that really solidified Saw as an end of day train.

votes at that point in time (as of post #1194 when Faddy voted) were:

Sawneeks
malus - #594
nin - #1,025
Fanto - #1,190
Faddy - #1,194

VS

TWE

weemadarthur - #385
Blargonaut - #1,077
Ynnek7 - #1,147
Sawneeks - #1,149

VS

Terra
TheChuggernaut - #1,036
Verelios - #1,057
Maolfunction - #1,072
lokiduck - #1,170

VS

Mao
Sorian - #747
SweetNicole - #765
EzekelRAGE - #979

Before Faddy voted, there was a two way tie between TWE and Terra at that point for first and a two way tie between Mao and Saw for second. He took saw from being tied for second to being tied for first. If Faddy was scum, there was plenty of other possible trains he could have jumped on to steer the vote in another direction. Instead, he voted for Saw, pushed her into a first-place tie with two other trains. I don't see any reason why a scum Faddy would vote that way at that time.

If you can find a logical explanation as to why a scum Faddy would place a vote on Saw that point in time, I'd like to hear it. Otherwise, your whole role believing actions nonsense is baloney because Faddy's action there literally speaks for itself - so I'm having trouble understanding where the disconnect is from what you're saying to the facts about voting yesterday that are in front of you.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
In a bastard game, I'm not sure it's wise to trust any item's claim of actually working correctly.
Buddy, I'm not even voting you. But I do think it's in town's best interest to learn as much about the auction and what items actually do for town.

Ketket lost her ability to vote from one of them, so that doesn't scream very town friendly to me as a power, so yes, I'm very skeptical about the whole thing.
Let's try it this way. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.
On one hand you are saying you believe ket and that ket can't vote. Thus proving the items aren't useless.

In the other hand you are saying you want town to say what items they may have gotten and what they do because they are obviously useless.

Both of those CANT be true. Knowing What the items do only benefitsscum. Ket proves that the items do have some real effects.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand you are saying you believe ket and that ket can't vote. Thus proving the items aren't useless.

In the other hand you are saying you want town to say what items they may have gotten and what they do because they are obviously useless.

Both of those CANT be true. Knowing What the items do only benefitsscum. Ket proves that the items do have some real effects.
Stop, it hurts.
You need to not say clearly what I am trying to express. You know I can't take it. My poor old heart.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I just got the hilarious image of his using pictures of letters to form sentences as if he were clipping out letters from a magazine and gluing them onto a page.

0ywIDjO.png

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017

Right, but an item can be useless for town if it claims to do one thing, but does another thing that actually hurts town.

What I want to know is if people should continue to bid on things in your auction if one of those things could potentially be a bomb.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
WIP of a claim list, give feedback/corrections this is an ongoing project

The Claim List 2: The Squeakquel (Presented by Aeleus)

Verified Powers List:
-Sawneeks: Scum Roleblocker

Claimed Powers List:
-Sparks: Bathroom Jailer (can force people into the bathroom?)
-Faddy: Innocent Giffer (Innocent child who upon reveal can only post gifs)
-Zeke: Auction Fan (Can join any auction)
-Wee: ??? (Receives messages each morning, has a day command to grant immunity to typical roleblocks)

Mysteries:

The True Bathroom (Fran claims being in the bathroom commutes the player, does it?)
The Rooms (do they effect anything other than auctions)
The Night 3 Nightmare (Fran claims something very bad will happen on night 3, what is it?)
Wee claimed switched from Bathroom to Library beginning of N1
Sorian claims to have received a piece of paper which read "your target is scum" on N1

Case Closed:
The Auction (Players from a certain room are given coins to bid on 'helpful' items)

Bathroom Commutes:
N1: Weemadarthur (apparently moved out beginning of night)

Auctions:
N1 items: Book, Tea, Spy kit (10 coins)
N1 players (in kitchen): TWE, Zeke, Ketkat, FEPs and Sparks: Ketkat won a ban from voting

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Right, but an item can be useless for town if it claims to do one thing, but does another thing that actually hurts town.

What I want to know is if people should continue to bid on things in your auction if one of those things could potentially be a bomb.
Is losing a vote not bad enough for every player to make up their own mind about the risk vs reward benefit?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
1.Right, but an item can be useless for town if it claims to do one thing, but does another thing that actually hurts town.

2.What I want to know is if people should continue to bid on things in your auction if one of those things could potentially be a bomb.
1. Where is your proof that the item has been a lie?

2. ahh, fear monger. Pearl clutching

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
His action was he voted for Saw at a critical time when the trains weren't yet finalized that really solidified Saw as an end of day train.

votes at that point in time (as of post #1194 when Faddy voted) were:

Sawneeks
malus - #594
nin - #1,025
Fanto - #1,190
Faddy - #1,194

VS

TWE
weemadarthur - #385
Blargonaut - #1,077
Ynnek7 - #1,147
Sawneeks - #1,149

VS

Terra
TheChuggernaut - #1,036
Verelios - #1,057
Maolfunction - #1,072
lokiduck - #1,170

VS

Mao
Sorian - #747
SweetNicole - #765
EzekelRAGE - #979

Before Faddy voted, there was a two way tie between TWE and Terra at that point for first and a two way tie between Mao and Saw for second. He took saw from being tied for second to being tied for first. If Faddy was scum, there was plenty of other possible trains he could have jumped on to steer the vote in another direction. Instead, he voted for Saw, pushed her into a first-place tie with two other trains. I don't see any reason why a scum Faddy would vote that way at that time.

If you can find a logical explanation as to why a scum Faddy would place a vote on Saw that point in time, I'd like to hear it. Otherwise, your whole role believing actions nonsense is baloney because Faddy's action there literally speaks for itself - so I'm having trouble understanding where the disconnect is from what you're saying to the facts about voting yesterday that are in front of you.
You mean aside from the basic logical explanations of: scum bus, alternate scum team, neutral?
you are arguing alignment and i am discussing role claim.

Are you trying to convince me of something? How towny faddy is? It won't affect my response to his [until further notice] lies.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
SweetNicole why was neeks in your top town reads?

I already answered this.

Hey all,

Catching up on the end of yesterday's and some of today's activities now.

From the voting yesterday, I feel pretty good about Faddy, Dr. Monkey, and Aeleus. From what I can tell in the voting order, they were crucial votes that pushed the Saw train to the top. Bravo to y'all who saw that. I admittedly had Saw and Monkey pegged as likely town so I am glad there's people who had a better read on the situation than I.

Feeling better about nin as well, although I'm not sure I'm ready to say that for certain. He's so hard for me to read overall. If anyone has any advice/guide for how to read him, please let me know.

Malus is an interesting case who voted from the get go on Saw and said she was scum in like one of the first votes of the game and then just left it there. Malus followed it up with additional reasoning later:

I'd be inclined to say that I'm feeling good about Malus considering there wasn't any deviation from the train.

I'm less sure on TWE and Kyan. They did both jump onto Saw late, but at that point she was already in the lead. If one (or both) of them tried to stop the train by voting for someone else and hoping for a tie and Saw later flipped, that'd probably be huge red flags, so I'm not sure what to make of their end of day votes.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Is losing a vote not bad enough for every player to make up their own mind about the risk vs reward benefit?
I dunno. I want to know if Zeke is a useful neutral that might possibly trigger good items to fall into people's laps or if he's purely detrimental to town's interests.

If that's a scummy thing to want to know when it's a bastard game, then sure, vote me.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
WIP of a claim list, give feedback/corrections this is an ongoing project

The Claim List 2: The Squeakquel (Presented by Aeleus)

Verified Powers List:
-Sawneeks: Scum Roleblocker

Claimed Powers List:
-Sparks: Bathroom Jailer (can force people into the bathroom?)
-Faddy: Innocent Giffer (Innocent child who upon reveal can only post gifs)
-Zeke: Auction Fan (Can join any auction)
-Wee: ??? (Receives messages each morning, has a day command to grant immunity to typical roleblocks)

Mysteries:
The True Bathroom (Fran claims being in the bathroom commutes the player, does it?)
The Rooms (do they effect anything other than auctions)
The Night 3 Nightmare (Fran claims something very bad will happen on night 3, what is it?)
Wee claimed switched from Bathroom to Library beginning of N1
Sorian claims to have received a piece of paper which read "your target is scum" on N1

Case Closed:
The Auction (Players from a certain room are given coins to bid on 'helpful' items)

Bathroom Commutes:
N1: Weemadarthur (apparently moved out beginning of night)

Auctions:
N1 items: Book, Tea, Spy kit (10 coins)
N1 players (in kitchen): TWE, Zeke, Ketkat, FEPs and Sparks: Ketkat won a ban from voting

pretty sure Faddy's is innocent child that can only post in images (not gifs)?

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Faddy, self-confirm and I'll leave the Bathroom so you can take cover for Tonight. Everybody, we should all agree that if Faddy decides to activate, we reserve a Bathroom spot for him every Day. If he ends up dying even though he's staying there every Day, we immediately kill Funky Dude.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Faddy, self-confirm and I'll leave the Bathroom so you can take cover for Tonight. Everybody, we should all agree that if Faddy decides to activate, we reserve a Bathroom spot for him every Day. If he ends up dying even though he's staying there every Day, we immediately kill Funky Dude.
But Dude alreaday claims he didn't move ME, so your plan makes no sense at this time.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
1. Where is your proof that the item has been a lie?

2. ahh, fear monger. Pearl clutching
You have figured out why I'm asking questions about it.

And yeah, it's a bastard game and your role is so far the only one that causes shenanigans, so I'm very skeptical about it. It's of course in your best interest to act like there's not possibly something about your role that could hurt town.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

You assume that mafia do not have the ability to interfere with the bathroom. We already know wee was kicked out of there. Funky Dude Sparks denies involvement.

I need to be able to type so I can clearly explain where you are going wrong.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
In order to have faddy in the bathroom everyday, sparks would have to move him every day. Faddy wouldn't be able to move himself into the bathroom during the day phase. He wouldn't be able to do the move command. Fran rules specifically says you can only vote.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
pretty sure Faddy's is innocent child that can only post in images (not gifs)?
Ah yeah thought Innocent Giffer was a cool name and then forgot to mention the image part in the description

"Players spending the night in the Bathroom wil be untargeteable during the night phase but will be unable to perform any action during the same night phase and the next day phase (except voting)"

Being untargetable + Unable to perform night actions is generally how a commute works (e.g. Muffin in HvV2 could not use his other powers when he commuted), did forget to add the bit about day roleblocks though.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In order to have faddy in the bathroom everyday, sparks would have to move him every day. Faddy wouldn't be able to move himself into the bathroom during the day phase. He wouldn't be able to do the move command. Fran rules specifically says you can only vote.
Faddy said he could post moves, votes, and images.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
And yeah, it's a bastard game and your role is so far the only one that causes shenanigans, so I'm very skeptical about it. It's of course in your best interest to act like there's not possibly something about your role that could hurt town.
How does my role cause shenanigans 🤔
Is this you assuming things wrongly again 🤔

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
What, that's not what Faddy claimed.

Ok. The drawback is I have to post in images only. I can quote, vote and move. But outside of that I can only post pictures.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
While we're on the topic of bathrooms, if it works as described doesn't it get a bit too powerful late game? We can basically ToS style jail two players per night, which is great for keeping either some confirmed town alive or finding the last scum member