• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Join Tom Morgan for the definitive breakdown for Cyberpunk 2077 on *all* of the last generation consoles. Xbox One, PS4, Xbox One X and PS4 4 Pro are all extensively tested and re-tested, with the 1.2 code compared to the last 1.1 milestone. The result? CD Projekt RED has optimised - and there are improvements, especially with PlayStation 4 Pro. But with the other systems, there's still much more work required.

OP
OP
chandoog

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Text Article:

www.eurogamer.net

Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.2: big boosts for PS4 Pro but what about the other consoles?

Cyberpunk 2077's 1.2 patch arrived last week, accompanied by an absolutely gigantic list of bug fixes, tweaks and upgra…

Sony's enhanced console always ran the game best, even beating out the more powerful Xbox One X. Now it's even better, spending much of its time hitting its target 30 frames per second. Sprinting through a crowded marketplace, frame-rate could hit the low to mid 20s on PS4 Pro. With the new patch installed, the game ran at a nigh-on flawless 30fps - albeit with the reduction (or rather the delay) in detail I've already talked about.

There are still some issues though - on later shoutouts against the Maelstromers, my console started to buckle quite badly into the 20s, before I experienced a full-on crash to the dash. So, clearly there's still plenty of room for improvement and despite the big gains on PS4 Pro frame-rate-wise, it's hard to give the game a pass on patch 1.2 when crashing is still an issue.

Overall, the improvement to One X is less impressive and it's still possible to see performance drop beneath 20fps simply by traversing dense environments at speed - an area where PS4 Pro sees dramatic improvements

In terms of the vanilla PS4 and Xbox One, these ran consistently poorly with patch 1.1, and while the new patch does make some scenes play out a little better, a 2fps to 3fps advantage makes little odds when you're still so far away from the 30fps target.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't watch yet as son is asleep next to me, but have there been any notable Series X upgrades or downgrades?

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
this game just died on the vine huh. I just have no desire to actually play it now. Maybe when I get a 3080 🤷🏽‍♂️

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
We are limiting the number of Cyberpunk 2077 threads, for reasons outlined in the OP of the Official Thread. Please continue discussion of the update in the OT.

www.resetera.com

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| Welcome to Night City (READ THE OP BEFORE YOU POST)

Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077? CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this...

Status
Not open for further replies.