• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017

Also, "right way more often than he is wrong", apparently.

I think this deserves to be highlighted for how dumb it is.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Really nothing worthwhile can come from spotlighting Rogan, even if it's to show off how much of an idiot he is

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
I'm scared that this shit right here is the new wave of rightwing. The old farts at the GOP are clowns to everyone except old people, but these guys reach a whole lot of people. Problem, of course, is that these people are possibly even worse clowns than the GOP.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
i closed this video the moment anthony cumia showed up. good to see joe's scraping the bottom of the barrel even though he has one of the "hottest" podcasts on the planet

Kainazzo

Dec 13, 2017
I've never heard anything positive about Joe Rogan, I only know him for these stupid statements. Why then is he so popular? What's the hook?

I've never heard/read "I really enjoyed listening to Joe Rogan today."

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Rogan has been friends with Alex Jones for damned ever. They've appeared on each other's shows going back a decade.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
You mean, we were right all along about Rogan and it wasn't just a coincidence he gave a platform to the far Right and racists?

Woah...

next somebody going to tell me that Greenwald isn't on the up and up.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
For some reason I confused those two guys for years. Couldn't say why other than both being big bald(ing) noisy white men.

They seem to be equally insane at this point.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I feeeeeel like Rogan used to be on-the level 5, 6, maybe 7 years ago. What the fuck happened?
the same trap people like personalities on Fox News fell into. It started as a grift but then the grift became their personality and identity, and now they are true believers. I mean human nature tells us this is going to happen since we are social creatures and tend to be socially influenced.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
I've never heard anything positive about Joe Rogan, I only know him for these stupid statements. Why then is he so popular? What's the hook?

I've never heard/read "I really enjoyed listening to Joe Rogan today."
His podcast used to just be known for him shooting the shit with his friends talking about stonerbro shit and MMA, eventually he moved out of that wheelhouse and started inviting more unique guests. Even then, people would just say that he's just a simple dude that wants to hear from every single angle and he doesn't push back too hard because he wants the guest to talk.

Past couple of years have seen him veer hard into the right-wing/alt-right sphere, especially after the Texas move. He's the prototypical libertarian douchebag that "escapes all the liberals ruining California" then moves smack in the middle of Austin or Dallas where all the liberals are.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
What kinda microchips is he talking about, where are people getting injected?

OP
OP
Taffy Lewis

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
Past couple of years have seen him veer hard into the right-wing sphere, especially after the Texas move. He's the prototypical hard-right libertarian douchebag that "escapes all the liberals ruining California" then moves right in the middle of Austin or Dallas.

Also, none of these influencers admit they've moved to Texas because they don't want to pay any income taxes. It's always some weird other reason.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Well if I wasn't already vaccinated that would be a very useful microchip

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
Technology companies all over the world losing their shit trying to cop these ultra small microchips

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yet someone gaming side was just saying that this moron wasn't harmful and was just a podcaster with interesting guests.

🥴

Oct 27, 2017
Alex Jones has gotten LESS right which is really saying something since he was never really that right but at least he was anti gwb/Iraq war and his conspiracy theories did not involve the supernatural

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is this one of those "they'll track you with microchips implanted in the vaccine shots" that's patently stupid because nobody is going to bother going through the effort of chipping you for location data when pretty much everyone is already carrying around devices that constantly track and store that info everywhere we go at all times and said info is already being sold (packaged with tons of other info we constantly give away with our device usage) by big data companies for a very small price? Like, it's hilarious how none of the people making these conspiracy theories would consider throwing away their smartphone when they're likely giving corporations and the like way more useful data with those than a microchip ever could

Kainazzo

Dec 13, 2017
I hear it all the time where I am lol honestly this is the only place where I'm not in the minority on Joe Rogan
Ha, sometimes that "different news reality" thing hits home.
His podcast used to just be known for him shooting the shit with his friends talking about stonerbro shit and MMA, eventually he moved out of that wheelhouse and started inviting more unique guests. Even then, people would just say that he's just a simple dude that wants to hear from every single angle and he doesn't push back too hard because he wants the guest to talk.

Past couple of years have seen him veer hard into the right-wing/alt-right sphere, especially after the Texas move. He's the prototypical libertarian douchebag that "escapes all the liberals ruining California" then moves smack in the middle of Austin or Dallas where all the liberals are.

I see, thanks for the explanation.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm scared that this shit right here is the new wave of rightwing. The old farts at the GOP are clowns to everyone except old people, but these guys reach a whole lot of people. Problem, of course, is that these people are possibly even worse clowns than the GOP.

Conservatism rebrands in interesting ways. After the neocon backlash in 2008 you have the tea party come. That's where your Shapiros and brietbart come in.

Circa 2015 with the refugee crisis you can pinpoint multiple right wing populists in Europe follow.

Joe Rogan and his apolitical/right wing reactionary wing come in.

Trump moves the party and the "apolitical" wing.

But at it's core conservative ideas don't go away with old boomers. Just repackaged and presented as something new.

What I'm saying is that yes this is probably the new base of conservative talking points - of a group that was probably going to be conservative somehow with repackaged ideas.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Some of my family follows Rogan religiously and it makes me groan every time they bring him up. Whenever I try to tell them that he might not be the best representative of the "intellectual center" (or whatever it is they call themselves) they just dismiss me like I'm some crazy leftist that reads too much into people and that I'm too political. But Rogan is getting even worse as of late. He was never great (or good even, imo), but the dude just keeps slipping ever further down that conspiracy rabbit hole.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Alex Jones is probably objectively wrong more often than anyone on the planet who says anything about anything ever in the history of mankind.

I don't really mess with Joe Rogan, because while I disagree with many of his views, pick your battles or whatever, but this is a spectacularly bad take.

Alex Jones is an extreme right wing lunatic by almost any measure, with absolutely disgusting rhetoric on almost all political and social issues.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Why does this clown have a platform?
Because he's been riding on his "I'm totally unbias" platform he used to sell for years that even people or era were regularly defending, up until recently. Now he's just given that up completely probably because either he found he can make more money that way or has made enough money he no longer cares and is saying what he actually thinks.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
I went to the post office earlier today and someone got out of there car walking in blasting Alex Jones on there cellphone. It had something to do with the vaccine and I over heard him telling someone in line oh we shouldn't take vaccines because people making these don't want to take them. 😆

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
His friendship with Anthony Cumia adds yet another name to his "Joe Rogan isn't racist, he just gives a spotlight to these notable racists" list.

Fuck him.

Status
Not open for further replies.