• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Conservatism rebrands in interesting ways. After the neocon backlash in 2008 you have the tea party come. That's where your Shapiros and brietbart come in.

Circa 2015 with the refugee crisis you can pinpoint multiple right wing populists in Europe follow.

Joe Rogan and his apolitical/right wing reactionary wing come in.

Trump moves the party and the "apolitical" wing.

But at it's core conservative ideas don't go away with old boomers. Just repackaged and presented as something new.

What I'm saying is that yes this is probably the new base of conservative talking points - of a group that was probably going to be conservative somehow with repackaged ideas.
Good summary.
What scares me about Joe Rogan is that some of my friends that HATE trump and has always made fun of him and celebrated when Biden won - are now talking about how Joe Rogan has "a lot of good stuff to say". Yuk.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
This makes me absolutely enraged. I have people on my partners side not getting the vaccine because of this fucking asshole

badatorigami

Dec 5, 2019
Other dude should save himself some time; skip the preamble, and just start licking rogan's asshole on camera.

Rogan shut up of course, etc.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Why is this chud not banned. He has never once had anything worth discussing other than how fucking brain dead he is and how harmful his show is.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's been promoting Jones for a long time. How he still skates by I just don't get. That alone would kill any other person's career.

Special Puppy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 12, 2020
omg guys alex jones spent 30 years throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks and in the end he got some things right

truly mindblowing. a visionary unfortunately smeared as a conspiracy theorist by the LAMEstream media

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Lol this guy is vaxxed guaranteed despite what he claims. Bro has been injecting steroids for years, and the shit in that is questionable but he's out there fostering paranoia? Fuck this asshat.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I'm starting to think Spotify is run by people choose to the alt right. There was the whole THQ Nordiq 8chan debacle... Maybe there's a ton of pieces of shit in Sweden we didn't really know about? Maybe Sweden era can clarify

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, canceling Spotify today. What's the best way of letting them know it's because of the Rogan deal?

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Used to think Joe was growing more progressive after all that flak he copped for bringing all those grifters on but nah, he never changed. He's become a lot blatant with his move to texas.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard anything positive about Joe Rogan, I only know him for these stupid statements. Why then is he so popular? What's the hook?

He's been a commentator on UFC for a long time. Used(?)To do standup. Dudebro mentality with his pseudo science.
Bald, white, used to body build. Ain't afraid to talk shit. Take your pick. Not hard for this brand to resonate with meatheads...

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
I agree. The only time I hear anything about Joe Rogan is through this site. I've actively avoided his podcast pretty well as of recently.
Me too. I actually used to like the guy based on his SyFy show where they hunted aliens and bigfoot. I listened to his podcast for a while, but after Trump came around he really started leaning more and more into that stuff and I just cut it out completely. Glad to hear he's dumber than ever.

Oct 26, 2017
I feeeeeel like Rogan used to be on-the level 5, 6, maybe 7 years ago. What the fuck happened?
Frog boil.

People stuck in echo loops ( everyone on social media to some degree get stuck in their own variant) compound their ( interest) and over time will become an extreme version of their (interest) . Rogan always flirted with conspiracies, and be over 5-10 years of hyperized echo loops, becomes a full on nutter.

Worst part, due to the "slow frog boil" style that social media does people don't know and can't see that they were hyperized/radicalized

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's been a commentator on UFC for a long time. Used(?)To do standup. Dudebro mentality with his pseudo science.
Bald, white, used to body build. Ain't afraid to talk shit. Take your pick. Not hard for this brand to resonate with meatheads...
I only knew of Joe through Fear Factor, then I realized he was a commentator of UFC when I was younger. Naturally, I started getting back into watching fighting, and I was eventually fell into watching his podcast when I saw Deontay Wilder on there when searching on YouTube in 2018. Admittedly, I listened to it quite a bit during commutes or when doing assignments because I liked some of the guests that he had, but I was oblivious to the pot of shit that was boiling under him in terms of the alt-right leanings. This opened up a new dimension, I started learning more and more about the shitty people he was hosting on the podcast, and while I appreciated the podcast for what it was, it was just unacceptable for me to follow it anymore.

Me too. I actually used to like the guy based on his SyFy show where they hunted aliens and bigfoot. I listened to his podcast for a while, but after Trump came around he really started leaning more and more into that stuff and I just cut it out completely. Glad to hear he's dumber than ever.
As I mentioned above, I didn't know much about Joe Rogan until 2018. I knew he was dude-bro, but I thought that was just his UFC background. When I started learning more about the guests he was having, I started learning so much about alt-right people and bullshit ideologies.

I was pretty disappointed.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
If I can transfer my playlists out of Spotify, I will leave them. Just need a family plan for my wife

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
So is this the stupidest and most dangerous thing he's said yet or have I somehow missed something even worse?

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Joe doesn't have more guests that call him out

Nobody he has on really would give pushback. Sometimes another comedian will but I hate it when comedians I like go on that show. Looking at you Patton Oswalt.

So is this the stupidest and most dangerous thing he's said yet or have I somehow missed something even worse?

Saying young people don't need to get the Covid vaccine probably worse.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
It's really something to think about how many people are going to hear him say this and take it as fact

Spotify execs right now:

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
I got in an arguement w someone on tiktok about the impossibility of fitting a microchip through a 22 gauge needle and they said "anything is possible." How do you argue with that. You can't. Anything is possible! I could be an alien. We're in the Matrix! they got computers that fit through a 0.7mm hole! Anything is possible!

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Spotify probably thinks Rogan is their Howard Stern so they ignore the controversy, but I don't even think Stern was this reprehensible and poisonous to society

Status
Not open for further replies.