• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Did you like The Rise of Skywalker?

• Yes

Votes: 185 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 251 57.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, I thought it was a ton of fun, but cheesy at times. It's exactly what I expect to see when I watch a Star Wars film. It had some cool battles and gorgeous cinematography.

I also liked TLJ.

My all time favorite SW film is Return of the Jedi though, so I guess that that for what you will. 🤷‍♂️

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
It was aight, fixed some stuff from TLJ, made other things worse. Finn was still a useless clown, but whatevs, enjoyable ride lol

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I'm seeing it tomorrow and the poll results have me scared. lol

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
LegalJointAtlanticspadefish-size_restricted.gif

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
My personal belief is that the more you're seriously invested in the characters and the previous stories, the more you will be disappointed by TROS. The casual movie fan or even casual Star Wars fan on the other hand will probably like it

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately no. I think the movie is a mess where the plot comes off as lazy and pandering. It felt like a shameless attempt at appealing to the fans that want to see the same shit over and over again in these movies.

They could've done so much after the end of TLJ, and they chose to go the lamest possible route with it.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It wasn't as bad as hyperbole-era makes it out to be. Nothing amazing but it was enjoyable for what it was.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
Despite some serious flaws, I enjoyed it. I would say I like it more than TLJ. It's difficult for me to rank TFA because SO MUCH of it feels directly lifted from prior material.

Oct 25, 2017
Nope

Its has so many problems that are made worse by it being a terrible follow up to the best film in the franchise since Empire

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, very much so. All three films of the sequel trilogy are better than every other Star Wars movies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Loved TLJ and TFA but more so TLJ.

Liked TROS even though it has some issues and some decisions I wish it hadn't made.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed the ride for some of it but will have to see it again. Thinking about it now annoys me greatly. JJ films don't hold up in repeat viewings and I cooled on this while watching it especially at the end. I do honestly hate what the film does after seeing it though but I can appreciate a rollercoaster once through to some degree. Time will tell after seeing it again but just thinking of that reveal, I hate JJ with a passion.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Better than TLJ, worse than TFA. And TFA isn't very good to begin with. Hard for me to chose a bigger dumpster fire between this trilogy and the Prequels. Whoever allowed this to go into production without every aspect of the story written in stone should be shit-canned.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but with a big but, it wasn't as good as the other sequel trilogy films. I would still watch TROS 1000 times before I would watch a Prequel movie.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After enjoying TFA and absolutely loving TLJ, this one was a steaming turd. It's especially disappointing because there was so much to like about it. It was definitely made for a certain kind of Star Wars fan.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed it.

I don't even care if they were just throwing nostalgia at me all over the place, I had a really good time.

It was campy nonsense.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
YES! I really liked it! I liked Last Jedi a lot, but didn't like the Finn subplot. This one was better as a whole though.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't dislike it, exactly, but it's the most juvenile, facile imaginable way to conclude the story, and fundamentally mishandles several of the characters to the point that I was almost impressed at JJ and Terrio's ineptitude. Tons of stuff happens but I don't care about any of it because the story isn't there and the characters don't feel like people. After the masterful The Last Jedi, it's a shame TRoS is basically a Saturday morning cartoon written overnight to a 10AM deadline, but my problems with TRoS have nothing to do with TLJ, or even Star Wars, really. It's a badly told story that didn't have to be that way.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i need some time to dissect it but i thought it was pretty good, way way better than TLJ (sorry stans).

but there's a whole lot of wtf to dig through. a month or two from now i could very well be complaining about how it's the worst movie ever

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Ultimately no. I think the movie is a mess where the plot comes off as lazy and pandering. It felt like a shameless attempt at appealing to the fans that want to see the same shit over and over again in these movies.

They could've done so much after the end of TLJ, and they chose to go the lamest possible route with it.
This. And the pacing is a fucking train wreck.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Another dumb course correction in response to a lot of outrage from a small group of detractors with loud voices. It dropped all of the plot threads from its predecessor, completely changed in tone, wrecked some of the more interesting and doubt-filled questions asked by the movie before it, was stupidly plotted with macguffins that made no sense and were never fully explained, and retconned the actual characters and how they behaved. In addition to that, the villain was poorly developed with little explanation as to why he was even there or what his plan was or how it was supposed to work. I truly felt the movie before it, widely reviled by fans, was far more interesting and brave, but all its merits were ignored and now we get this safe, mindless garbage.

Oh... wait a minute... I thought this was another Justice League thread! ;)

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
No. I like TFA, I love TLJ now so much more than I did before. "You have to not think about anything that happens in this movie and it's fine" is not an excuse. It fails as an ending to its own trilogy and all 9 films

Status
Not open for further replies.