• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Now before you all break your neck from patting yourself on the back, why would the gossip mechanic work differently for scum and town? The only explanation for this discrepancy I can come up with is if the gossips can choose what exactly happens to the gossipee. I don't see why scum!Geno would lie about this if he would be inevitably lunched tomorrow, but if the gossips can choose the restriction that would sow some mighty distrust once it is revealed.

The only other option I see is if the doctor interferes with the gossip, but that seems a bit too bastard.

With that said
vote: Kyanrute

I imagine the mechanical discrepancy will be explained by the fact that scum have a unified chat instead of each pair having individual boats, this was the way it was in Bear Boat 1 at least. In a sense-

wait.

BEAR DID YOU MAKE ME INTO A COP.

the horror

-we can add scum to our gossip chats, but we can't steal them from their individual chats, because they have none.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
feps is not entertaining the idea of a scum Baelus at all? This is all a scum ploy?
side note: Verollo is scum, maybe feps/Stan are the last ones and that was the "let me put a scum team in there" move to try to make this look believable. But it's such a toss that like... is that just tremendously misguided? I'm puzzled.

Stantastic, you have anything to add to this?

I knew all those stupid logic puzzle worksheets in school would pay off someday!
nope, hes on his own there.
im totes down for a bae-lus lynch, i was hesitant before because things felt similarity to the dead air before SDubs lynch, and i was gonna look back at them but then things went all ace attorney today so i dont really feel the need to anymore.

if you havnt noticed we arnt particularily in-sync.

I guess it is a pretty wild theory. Occams razor says it has to be on Geno then. But that seems pretty brave given people will come for him the next day...

vote: Geno
well i can respect that your really going down swinging.

This is funny coming from you haha.
its also pretty obvious, both the last couple days have had high profile clear targets that resulted in little meaningful discussion beyond them, not hard for those not involved to go unnoticed amongst it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, I admire the play. It was ballsy. Eventually we'll see just how ballsy (depending on scum roles) and they almost pulled it off.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
also I'm hella drunk right now and don't care if a turbo happens at this point

VOTE: Pirate Bae

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I care if a turbo happens.

unvote

This looks pretty clear so we should maybe look at connections before we give them free reign for the night kill.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Premise 1: Gossip works different for scum and town
Premise 2: We are town and PB can see our chat

Lemma: Scum can't see their chat when gossiped.

Premise 3: Geno can't see their chat when gossiped.

Conclusion: Geno is scum.

I was thinking that about an idea that PR's could still see the chats because that way they could at least somewhat coordinate (the steal could override or post the command if needed) but that breaks the rule of "what's not in the PM does not exist" and thus seems very bastard.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Malus voting Kyan and Donna is super bad.
Vote: Malus
Even if they were town cops, this is not a town move, you would have to be super dumb as town to do that. I guess I was delusional, Bae is most likely scum.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Turbo now is not a good idea I think. Maybe later. I for one don't have time now for much but a few posts.

One idea to look for would be looking how people responded to the cop softing and claim; who worked with it, who ignored it, who went too far with wanting her dead for no reason.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so, my thoughts on the scum team:

Pirate Bae/Malus
Vere/Apollo

3rd pair I'm unsure of but my suspects would be:

Rekibro
Skychuggs
Fep/Stan

I don't see the 3rd pair being outside those 3. Could be wrong of course.

I'm pretty convinced on the first two, Bae/Malus and Vere/Apollo though.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so, my thoughts on the scum team:

Pirate Bae/Malus
Vere/Apollo

3rd pair I'm unsure of but my suspects would be:

Rekibro
Skychuggs
Fep/Stan

I don't see the 3rd pair being outside those 3. Could be wrong of course.

I'm pretty convinced on the first two, Bae/Malus and Vere/Apollo though.
Hm...why Rekibro? Haven't kept up with Reki enough yet.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, while I don't think they are scum, we should also remember Baelus cleared Abs4All

Now we need to wonder if they were brazen enough to clear a team mate or if Abs4All are town.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Ty4on and absolutbro - green checked by false cop - prime target for solving
Reasons they could be town:
1. scum unlikely to tie themselves to another scum in case of flip
2. Fat4All has seemed pretty legit
3. The d1 votes before Sorian interference does indicate town

Reasons they could be scum:
1. WIFOM here - they know we know that and part of the irony Bae kept mentioning could also be that AbBro was the one who outed her during MafiEra, so how funny if they did it again here and he was the one she green-checked
2. Fat4All also walked into the thread under a supposed green check; I'd be chill, too.

Indeterminate based on these factors. I think looking back at their reactions is important. They are low on my possible scum list, tbh, but we need to do that work.

Not scum in this gamestate:
Kyanrute and empressdonna
Geno and Funky Dude Sparks
CoolestSpot and Lone_Prodigy (did you ever read enough?)

Probably not scum because of work/reads/reactions:
Zippedpinhead and Fantomas
Natiko and Terraforce
rac and Vincent Alexander

Scum pool:
Verelios and Apollo
SkyOdin and TheChuggernaut
Xbro and Reki
Stantastic and flatearthpandas

If it were me, I'd order it like this:
Verelios and Apollo: likely
Xbro and Reki: slightly less likely

SkyChuggs and flatearthstans both ???

And then bring AbFat back down here as a longshot possibility.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we should just move down the order but I don't see the pool changing - so each day needs to be reassessed and we should expect bussing here or there so don't think votes are pure.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Scum pool:
Verelios and Apollo
Xbro and Reki

Yep, this is exactly where I'm at too.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Ty4on and absolutbro - green checked by false cop - prime target for solving
Reasons they could be town:
1. scum unlikely to tie themselves to another scum in case of flip
2. Fat4All has seemed pretty legit
3. The d1 votes before Sorian interference does indicate town

Reasons they could be scum:
1. WIFOM here - they know we know that and part of the irony Bae kept mentioning could also be that AbBro was the one who outed her during MafiEra, so how funny if they did it again here and he was the one she green-checked
2. Fat4All also walked into the thread under a supposed green check; I'd be chill, too.

Indeterminate based on these factors. I think looking back at their reactions is important. They are low on my possible scum list, tbh, but we need to do that work.

Not scum in this gamestate:
Kyanrute and empressdonna
Geno and Funky Dude Sparks
CoolestSpot and Lone_Prodigy (did you ever read enough?)

Probably not scum because of work/reads/reactions:
Zippedpinhead and Fantomas
Natiko and Terraforce
rac and Vincent Alexander

Scum pool:
Verelios and Apollo
Xbro and Reki

Good post although not so certain about Natiko/Terra.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Right now, I am trying to process what a scum malus/Bae flip would reveal. Today, I have still been heavily scum reading Dr. Monkey/Stuart444 and Fantomas/zippedpinhead. I also have suspicions about Geno/donna over their role.

But I have trouble reconciling Monkey being scum with Pirate Bae being scum in light of Monkey's push today. At the same time, I have trouble seeing a mafia team sign off on such a complicated gambit.

I'm getting stuck here.
You mean Kyan, right? Was mentioning Geno an honest mistake or do you suspect him as well?

A scum!Bae flip would give credence to those who pushed her before she became a particularly hot topic of discussion imo. And not to toot my own horn, but I made it known that I was suspicious pretty early on, so was rac seemingly, and of course Monkey. I'd also argue it validates Fatbro as well. In no world do I see a scum team so bold that they would fake a green scan on themselves like that. Far too risky of a move and instantly incriminates both if even one of them flip.