• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Mariano Rivera has done something no one else in baseball history has ever done — not Willie Mays, not Babe Ruth, not Stan Musial, not Tom Seaver, not even Ken Griffey Jr.
Rivera, the legendary ex-Yankees closer and baseball's all-time saves leader, is the first player in history to be unanimously voted into the Hall of Fame.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mariano-ri...me-history-elected-unanimously-232354861.html

I spent many nights of my youth with a beer in crowded packed bars during the playoffs and world series games watching this magician, this wizard of the diamond.

Mariano-Rivera2.jpg

giphy.gif

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little surprised a closer got the unanimous nod. Where are all the stuffy old complete-game purists?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little surprised a closer got the unanimous nod. Where are all the stuffy old complete-game purists?
It's not that- it's the people who turn in blank ballots each year because they think everyone was on steroids, it's the people that refuse on principle to vote for year 1 players because "xxxx didn't make it unanimous so therefore no one ever can be unanimous"

They ALL voted for Rivera

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It's not that- it's the people who turn in blank ballots each year because they think everyone was on steroids, it's the people that refuse on principle to vote for year 1 players because "xxxx didn't make it unanimous so therefore no one ever can be unanimous"

They ALL voted for Rivera
That's what makes it insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.