• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Question, why would the primary team do a daykill on jman?

They wouldn't because the defuser helps them as well.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
if jman was commuted n1, I would feel a lot worse about Leo and less convinced he's gonna die today, I'll say that. So I am very interested in finding out the answer here.

Chuggs was a rb. I can see both scumteams having a rb but probably not both together and certainly if Hawthorn was fake claiming, if there's a team left, that wouldn't be the constructed fake claim. So she's either other team or town.

Ty ALSO had a roleblock and a commute.

Man, this is tough. We have so little notion of the overall structure.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
There is still no confirmation there even is two teams.
ehhhhhhh no there's not but i'll occam this razor to the side of potentially two because if not that was a magnificent performance by Chuggs and that was some Geno-level weirdness on the PMs from Nat.

Possible, less likely, I think. I think with one big team we'd see more connections to Chuggs, but he did completely turtle, so... back to possible, but still less likely, I think.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I have a meeting in 15 minutes. I really don't know.
Zeke's claim IS really convenient. Faddy's not wrong on that.
But so is Hawthorn's. It's a protective role, but also a block, and also manipulative, as Maol pointed out. Jailer-types are kinda negative utility, but it also here would protect against status effects, I think.

I think if it's a fake, she'd have to have a team with her because she didn't seem up on the lore and I can at least buy that while you're being zipped away by a balloon, there's no acting by or acting on. But I have a hard time positioning that role in the game also.

unvote I gotta ruminate.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Are you saying multiple town rb's are unlikely?
I think several roleblocks period is unusual. Especially in a big game that doesn't seem to have a lot of extra killing power. Typically as a designer you don't want your game going like... day 14 or something.

Actually. Didn't Thorny comment along those lines? I'll ISO her during my meeting, there was something there, I think.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Clarification question: I always thought of commuters as being protective but I guess that was from the perspective of people being commuters, not making others commute, so if someone is commuting they can't use night actions?
So if she commutes the doctor they can't heal, if she commutes the cop they can't check, and so forth?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Clarification question: I always thought of commuters as being protective but I guess that was from the perspective of people being commuters, not making others commute, so if someone is commuting they can't use night actions?
So if she commutes the doctor they can't heal, if she commutes the cop they can't check, and so forth?
correct

in also sort of hung up on Lainch's comment that he had a good town role. this isn't exactly a good town role, it's very negative utility

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
So........I see no reason to be hesitant on saying who you commuted n2 unless you don't want to be caught lying.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What does this statement even mean.

Every player wants there claim to be believed that's why they claimed.
what?
that isnt an answer, do you think haw haw is not doing that?
It's a Role Madness game, claims are going to come from everyone. Some will sound believable and be completely fake, others will sound completely fake but be 100% real.

I think that in a Role Madness game, I am more inclined to believe a Vanilla claim than a convoluted Commuter/Jailer kind of claim thing on the surface tbh. I'm callin bullshit on it!
Correct.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
if jman was commuted n1, I would feel a lot worse about Leo and less convinced he's gonna die today, I'll say that. So I am very interested in finding out the answer here.

How does that have anything to do me?

Also, I'm not familiar with the usual poison mechanics, how does it work? And how does it differ from the bombs?

The reason I'm asking is because everyone is assuming if i don't die today is because I was lying, but why are you sure i would die the next die i was poisoned? And why no one assumed that in HP's case?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Okay now I'm unsure again, I also just sort of read the claim like ephi thinking commuter was good, I didn't think of the jailor aspect.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Also don't long post never touched on WHY she chose jman.

Why wouldn't she commute a scumread (me)for example?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure commute is always before protection and investigation, so you'd be right in those instance.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
How does that have anything to do me?

Also, I'm not familiar with the usual poison mechanics, how does it work? And how does it differ from the bombs?

The reason I'm asking is because everyone is assuming if i don't die today is because I was lying, but why are you sure i would die the next die i was poisoned? And why no one assumed that in HP's case?
HP has a bomb (I think) while you said you were poisoned. I just went back to look at Chugg's flip and his WC of all non-patriots having a bomb implies that they won't detonate one by one but rather all together. So no, your situations are different.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
HP has a bomb (I think) while you said you were poisoned. I just went back to look at Chugg's flip and his WC of all non-patriots having a bomb implies that they won't detonate one by one but rather all together. So no, your situations are different.

His role also included an identical wc but for foxdie.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Hm. I didn't think of it like that, but maybe.

Are you being real with me? The phrasing are IDENTICAL, how can you make an argument of how the bomb and foxdie work different based on that text when their descriptions are the exact same?

You win when you control a majority of the vote, when all non-Patriots have a bomb planted, OR when all non-Patriots are infected by FOXDIE.

This is cheap scum shade. And this whole "if Leo is alive tomorrow he's lying" is obviously scum setting me up for a lunch tomorrow too, because no one knows how either the bombs or foxdie work.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Are you being real with me? The phrasing are IDENTICAL, how can you make an argument of how the bomb and foxdie work different based on that text when their descriptions are the exact same?

This is cheap scum shade. And this whole "if Leo is alive tomorrow he's lying" is obviously scum setting me up for a lunch tomorrow too, because no one knows how either the bombs or foxdie work.

He knows because he is scum..

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

I would like to kill you today, but I'm not going to bother if you're already going to die.

By all means, please make a case for me as scum setting you up.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
People, i had no reason for claiming i got foxdie if i were scum. I would be risking getting counter claimed because HP already had claimed a bomb yesterday so we knew these were notified. And there would be no benefit, i could have just stayed quiet.

Why no one counter claimed me today? Because no one else got foxdie last night, i did. Why no one claimed foxdie D2? Because no one got it. Why didn't we have another bomb claim today? I can't know for sure, but its a factor that points I'm telling the truth, if there was another bomb claim today we would know the bombing happens everyday and probably foxdie too, so if no one claimed foxdie yesterday it was because people aren't notified and thus i would be lying. But there wasn't another bomb claim.

Please look at the people just assuming a lot of things they don't know about foxdie to get me lunched. That didn't happen to HP yesterday, and we have no new info on that, why are the two situations being treated differently?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see Vere be in competition for today still too though.

Vote: Verelios

I don't see myself voting for Leo today, right now I'd rather see Haw Haw and Vere in the lead, so I'll swap back here for now.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
Catching up with responses:

I see that you're still standing by it even now, so why was Zeke, with the innocuous gif, your first go to rather than Sparks, someone you said you would go to if Chuggs trains didn't take off?

I switched off Chuggs because I wanted to make an impact on the final vote; at the time Zeke had more votes on him than Sparks. I stand by the gif thing, which I have definitely seen Zeke post as mafia and only as mafia, but it's also not the only thing, it's also his overall play and lack of solving, which has become clearer as days have gone by.

Hawthorn, you didn't target yourself?

I also don't know why you continue to bring up Chuggs watching jman. He's scum and could've said anything he wanted to.

I targeted Jman N1. I'm not going to say who I targeted N2.

You clarified in your later post, but yes, I haven't mentioned Chugg's claim that he watched Jman much before. I agree that he was probably lying, he's scum and could have said anything. I thought it was suspicious that Fate seemed to be hinting that he had a reason to believe Chuggs was telling the truth. Later Fate clarified that that wasn't meant to be a hint.

If I was choosing between just Zeke and Hawthorn, I'd go for Hawthorn.

Zeke's claim is so simple that it just makes sense.

Haw Haw's (sorry, I love this new nickname though lol) claim feels more like Chugg's claim. Sure, it passes the sniff test at first, the flavor checks out, but she's still kind of sketchy about it. She's also latching on to the Zeke scum read with a death grip, likely because it's still the most viable counter wagon to her so she doesn't want to have to explore other options, and people believing his Vanilla claim is not good for her either, so she needs to try shooting that down too.

Vote: Hawthorn

I think I want that flip tbh, I'll call the bluff.

Why is it between me and Zeke though? You were talking about Vere a moment ago-- why am I more suspicious than him? You've listed reasons why I might be lying-- sure, anyone might be lying-- but not why you find me more suspicious than your other scum reads, to the point where you're willing to get rid of my role.
what are the odds haw haw will got role blocked night 1

it just seems odd to me
is there any favour text involved when someone gets commuteèdÉ

There's no indication in my pm that people get notified when I commute them. They can't use actions when commuted, so I assumed Nat would tell them that the action failed, or was blocked, if they try.

can't Thorny's role still be scum aligned. that's a pretty manipulative role, no reason to believe it's a town role on a surface level read

I see it as a role that has a built-in hedge. It works as a doctor, by protecting town, but simultaneously as a roleblock. I think it would be less useful for mafia, but sure, maybe it could be a scum role? It's not though. I tried to use it defensively because I think it's easier to identify town than scum, but it could also be used offensively as a roleblock later on.

Why does Fate specifically stand out to you? I don't think he's the only person who's said something along these lines.

Sure, it was this exchange

so, should we start asking the questions considering the information give to us?

first of, What did ATP talk to jman about?
first off, why do you believe Chugg?

I asked him about it, he ignored my question, then we had this exchange:

Also, did you see my question for you earlier about why you believed Chugg was telling the truth about ATP visiting Jman?
I choose to ignore it for now

I interpreted Fate's response to mean he was hinting that he had some role-related reason that he asked questions from a perspective that assumed Chugg was telling the truth.

Jman had claimed D1 and I believed/town-read him. I figured he was a valuable role to protect and he couldnt' take any useful actions N1 since probably planting bombs was a night action.

I think if it's a fake, she'd have to have a team with her because she didn't seem up on the lore and I can at least buy that while you're being zipped away by a balloon, there's no acting by or acting on. But I have a hard time positioning that role in the game also.

I'm a balloon?? That's awesome.

I think several roleblocks period is unusual. Especially in a big game that doesn't seem to have a lot of extra killing power. Typically as a designer you don't want your game going like... day 14 or something.

Actually. Didn't Thorny comment along those lines? I'll ISO her during my meeting, there was something there, I think.

I said at one point that I thought there were probably multiple killing roles to prevent the game from lasting forever.

So........I see no reason to be hesitant on saying who you commuted n2 unless you don't want to be caught lying.

I can't commute the same person twice in a row, so I don't want mafia to know who I can't commute tonight.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

Mostly because that's usually not how poison works in games, and specifically...I'm hesitant to call Foxdie a poison. It's an infection. Greed mafia had bombs that were detonated all together, and Quarantine Mafia had an infection mechanic that told the player they were infected, not poisoned. I don't think Nat uses a different meaning when it's right in the WC, so I have some doubts.