EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
MoNgVp.gif

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Well, catching up through several pages of Zeke/Faddy, I guess if I want to pad my post count I just need to find someone to have a nice vitriolic back and forth with.

I feel like I'm drowning in this game. My activity sucks, I keep reading people wrong, and every time I try and look into something I end up with a billion tabs open and then completely lose track of what I was doing in the first place and then I end up with nothing to show for it. I'm not entirely sure how to shake myself out of this. Finding something to grab on to is so hard.

Maybe the fact trying to work out where to look now feels like having teeth pulled is a good sign, though? I did say it felt too easy before.

Vote: Kalor

Suspect behaviour is suspect behaviour. That Ynnek was a false positive doesn't mean Kalor is.

Kalor
Ynnek said he was locked in on the bomb shit because he was planning when to bring back the defuser. What's your excuse?
What about yesterday made you change your mind and go from thinking Chuggs was a mafia target and a player who "sticks out most right now" to someone you weren't interested in flipping?
You cited a "relative lack of opposition" for your switch away from him but at that point the votes were close (#2344, when they were Zeke (3), Chuggs (4), Ynnek (3), Kalor (5))
I don't want to make another stupid mistake, so if there's an explanation, help me out here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Well, catching up through several pages of Zeke/Faddy, I guess if I want to pad my post count I just need to find someone to have a nice vitriolic back and forth with.

I feel like I'm drowning in this game. My activity sucks, I keep reading people wrong, and every time I try and look into something I end up with a billion tabs open and then completely lose track of what I was doing in the first place and then I end up with nothing to show for it. I'm not entirely sure how to shake myself out of this. Finding something to grab on to is so hard.

Maybe the fact trying to work out where to look now feels like having teeth pulled is a good sign, though? I did say it felt too easy before.

Suspect behaviour is suspect behaviour. That Ynnek was a false positive doesn't mean Kalor is.

Kalor
Ynnek said he was locked in on the bomb shit because he was planning when to bring back the defuser. What's your excuse?
What about yesterday made you change your mind and go from thinking Chuggs was a mafia target and a player who "sticks out most right now" to someone you weren't interested in flipping?
You cited a "relative lack of opposition" for your switch away from him but at that point the votes were close (#2344, when they were Zeke (3), Chuggs (4), Ynnek (3), Kalor (5))
I don't want to make another stupid mistake, so if there's an explanation, help me out here.

The votes were decently close at the time but I was referring to the general feeling that the day had up to that point. People were already starting to look elsewhere but it still felt like a decent amount of players had resigned themselves to Chuggernaut being the vote for the day, which isn't particularly useful for getting information from votes.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting five pages overnight so it'll be a while before I catch up.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Kalor

What are your thoughts on the current two top trains?

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
I already voted for haw

I want to know what ephidel feels about the situation
I saw this when I was reading back, I guess I missed it before because it wasn't actually a ping.
How I feel about... what, exactly? About you voting for Hawthorn?

If you think she's scum then my opinion shouldn't matter. You should vote for her and lay out why you're doing so. Convince us.

As it stands, I'm not sure I like that you started today saying you'd shoot her and starting off that vote, but now that vote has some traction you've come off of it. What gave you cold feet? FateShirou
Hey, Ephi, now that we know one of the trains was NOT scum, how have your thoughts changed here?
I feel a little better about the idea of there being two than three?
I took a look at the trains again, I'm still conflicted. I think Kalor is scummy, but the votes for him feel... low energy? There's no oompf to the push, just a "could we do this".
... At the same time, the people on that vote are people I've been town reading. That should make me feel better but I'm not sure it does? I'm finding myself increasingly uncomfortable at the idea of being on the same vote as Shirou and I think I need to try and work out why.
The votes were decently close at the time but I was referring to the general feeling that the day had up to that point. People were already starting to look elsewhere but it still felt like a decent amount of players had resigned themselves to Chuggernaut being the vote for the day, which isn't particularly useful for getting information from votes.
No comment on the bombs?
So did you switch because you thought he wasn't scum, or did you switch because you thought you could get more information?
Do you think the way the votes turned out told you anything?

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Apology accepted, I saw the trip part of the rationale and just started typing, I try not to use things that happen on this side as excuses (except my kids, love them to the moon and back but they are busy all the time).

That was just an unfortunate coincidence, i really had no idea. I'm sorry again.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
No comment on the bombs?
So did you switch because you thought he wasn't scum, or did you switch because you thought you could get more information?
Do you think the way the votes turned out told you anything?

I'm not sure what you want me to say about the bombs.

I switched for both reasons. I was still weary of Chuggs but thought they leaned closer to defeated town who didn't have the energy to play. But obviously it's easy to frustrated at the game state on both sides. It's hard to comment on the votes right now when we don't have much information. It's made me more weary of Hawthorn because I found their vote on Ynnek weirdly weak that mostly relied on other peoples reasoning. Part of me feels like at least one person on Chuggs team must have voted for Ynnek at some point. And it's probably Hawthorn or Leo. Still rereading so not sure.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
So Kenny shook you and that shook up the game...
...so you needed to shake things up.

18533014.gif

I'm not gonna vote you because I wanna see about this status effect claim so I don't want to get hung up on you but honestly... I have absolutely no idea where you actually stand.

Fair enough. I agree it didn't make sense, i shouldn't have felt for Maol's trap. I got conflicted because I was doubting my beliefs and I'm trying not to get tunneled like i did in my last game, so i took the wrong decision of trying something different without a good reason. In the end, you have to vote for the people you are scum reading, otherwise you're not making sense and other people will scum read you and that doesn't help anyone.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Hawthorne and Zeke were both in my scum pile yesterday and I think Zeke has definitely looked the better of the 2 today, Hawthorne's is going to be my vote for now.

Vote: Hawthorne

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
Faddy's case on me is pure meta. 95% of the stuff he said ppl would say is NAI for me. Faddy's case and n me day 1 cited my number of truffleshuffles.

Interesting that you say your number of truffleshuffles is NAI for you. You told me in scum chat in Horror Movie mafia that that was one of your scum tells-- that when you're mafia you post your truffleshuffles in the scum chat instead of the main thread, so you have to consciously keep an eye on that.

I get that this kind of argument -- and the gif thing, which I do stand by -- have the disadvantage of sounding ridiculous, but the fact of the matter is that it's a valid observation of player behavior. I've even seen Dr. Monkey use something like that in an argument, if that sways people.

Something I've noticed though, is that Hawthorn is very passive. I'm not sure if that's just her playstyle. There's not a lot of drive to initiate with others, and when she does it's with people in the lower half of the roster: Sparks/Kop/Ephi.

It's weird that you say you don't know if that's just my playstyle. You've played in many games with me. Is it my usual playstyle or not?

It also would be dangerous for Zeke to claim vanilla early if there was a town tracker or watcher. It draws attention to him, and if has an active role (such as making the scum kill), he can potentially get caught. There are ways to play around this, obviously, but it adds unnecessary risk for scum to make this claim fairly early in a role madness game.

Even if Solid Snake was a fake flavor claim, using it to claim Vanilla would just be a terrible idea. There's plenty of RM games here where there's one Vanilla (hi, I designed one) so it's actually not that safe of a fake role claim, being countered by the real Vanilla would be so embarrassing, you might as well come up with something at least.

Sometimes scum get fake role claims, not just name claims. Or it could be about trying to draw out the true Snake.

@Kalor

This is actually pretty persuasive. I would look into Kalor, if I survive to tomorrow.

Hawthorne and Zeke were both in my scum pile yesterday and I think Zeke has definitely looked the better of the 2 today, Hawthorne's is going to be my vote for now.

Vote: Hawthorne

No e.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
What are your thoughts on the current two top trains?
Without digging in to them they both feel like easy pushes for miseliminations.
It would hardly be the first time someone pushed a misvote at Hawthorn, if she's not immediately solving things she becomes an easy target fast. I've both seen her get scumread for nothing and done that myself.
I do want to take a look at Hawthorn/Vere/Stan partially off the back of the vote movement yesterday now we know Ynnek was town because those three were the ones that swung that train ahead of Chuggs for a time, but I need to find a way to do so that doesn't snow me under in tabs in the process.

... my eyes glazed over watching Zeke and Faddy argue.
Arguing about meta, denying meta exists, presenting meta, counter presenting their own meta while still sniping at each other all the while. Jfc it just kept going on and on. He has at least claimed a role that won't save him because of what it is, but then there was that additional argument back and forth over claims and fake claims and whether scum have fake claims and it all felt like noise.
Faddy is so deep in that tunnel I doubt he could see anything else if he were trying. I believe that he believes, but I haven't found the arguing convincing. If anything Zeke is making himself look more suspicious, it feels like he's defensive and hostile rather than scumhunting and he's ended up with a scumlist entirely made up of the people scumhunting him after previously pushing back at the idea of omgus.

Of the two I feel better about Hawthorn and worse about Zeke but I'm not feeling a vote for either at right this second.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, that's a really terrible way of phrasing that last sentence.
Of the two I would feel more comfortable voting for Zeke, but I'm not feeling a vote for either at right this second.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Right so i have an hour or two before i head off, Someone sell me on or off the Hawthorn lunch
i feel like so much of the argument there has just kinda passed me by amid the more heated and very distracting Faddy/Zeke stuff, and it feels like Hawthorn gets scum read early in every game often for poor reasons.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I find the two top votes and who is voting whi kind of fascinating. It's so close and I think it tells us a lot if you snapshot it right now, and that includes votes off the trains (i.e. Vere and Leo) and look back at this point in time when we get some more flips.

I feel better about the people on Hawthorn then I do Zeke.

And I'm trying to logically think about Zeke's role reveal. Is Solid Snake in the game? More likely than not. Will he be on one of the scum teams? No, I just don't see that being a thing. Is a vanilla claim more risky as scum than a made up role with abilities? Yeah I think so actually, much easier to get caught out I think. So the odds, for me, are in favour of the Zeke reveal being true. Now putting logic in a game like this might be a mistake but I need to try and keep some sanity.

This makes the votes on Zeke after the reveal look not great. Jman (lucky he's confirmed), Hawthorn and Sparks. I need to look back at those votes to find the reasoning.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Right so i have an hour or two before i head off, Someone sell me on or off the Hawthorn lunch
i feel like so much of the argument there has just kinda passed me by amid the more heated and very distracting Faddy/Zeke stuff, and it feels like Hawthorn gets scum read early in every game often for poor reasons.

think for yourself mate

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
my reasons for scum reading haw
1. they have been voting for zeke 3 days in a row without much substance
2. their reads have not been strong
3. they dont seem to push zeke
4. i feel like they are making the safe plays

are these good reasons for scum reading them, i dont think so, i will see how the day goes and other people scum read them/if they decide to claim

I'm going to keep my vote on kalor for the time being
I find their play to be similar to haw haw, so i want to keep my pressure there
It's hard to comment on the votes right now when we don't have much information.
comments like thise dont give me much hope
but i will give them the chance to reread

Oct 26, 2017
UK
my reasons for scum reading haw
1. they have been voting for zeke 3 days in a row without much substance
2. their reads have not been strong
3. they dont seem to push zeke
4. i feel like they are making the safe plays

are these good reasons for scum reading them, i dont think so, i will see how the day goes and other people scum read them/if they decide to claim

I'm going to keep my vote on kalor for the time being
I find their play to be similar to haw haw, so i want to keep my pressure there

comments like thise dont give me much hope
but i will give them the chance to reread

What would you consider good reasons for putting a vote on someone?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
But obviously it's easy to frustrated at the game state on both sides. It's hard to comment on the votes right now when we don't have much information.
???????? It's day three and we know there are probably two factions, a poison, a bomb, there was a neutral and they're dead, we resurrected a defuser, and there was no night kill last night.

This is SO MUCH information at this stage in the game!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
???????? It's day three and we know there are probably two factions, a poison, a bomb, there was a neutral and they're dead, we resurrected a defuser, and there was no night kill last night.

This is SO MUCH information at this stage in the game!

Of course. That was bad wording on my part. I was specifically reading that question as like guaranteed information we know for certain. Obviously there's a ton to work with and have been.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
... my eyes glazed over watching Zeke and Faddy argue.
Arguing about meta, denying meta exists, presenting meta, counter presenting their own meta while still sniping at each other all the while. Jfc it just kept going on and on. He has at least claimed a role that won't save him because of what it is, but then there was that additional argument back and forth over claims and fake claims and whether scum have fake claims and it all felt like noise.
Faddy is so deep in that tunnel I doubt he could see anything else if he were trying. I believe that he believes, but I haven't found the arguing convincing. If anything Zeke is making himself look more suspicious, it feels like he's defensive and hostile rather than scumhunting and he's ended up with a scumlist entirely made up of the people scumhunting him after previously pushing back at the idea of omgus.
This EXACTLY. I believe they believe. Like I believe Zeke thinks he's not using meta while he uses meta. And it makes me not want to vote either but it also does make me want to vote there just to end it. Ideally they both just start doing other things.

I can see the arguments for Zeke. Logically there is nothing Zeke has done that is not within his scum meta. But he has worked hard to make the two converge, so he's also within his town meta. And I just throw up my hands.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
This EXACTLY. I believe they believe. Like I believe Zeke thinks he's not using meta while he uses meta. And it makes me not want to vote either but it also does make me want to vote there just to end it. Ideally they both just start doing other things.

I can see the arguments for Zeke. Logically there is nothing Zeke has done that is not within his scum meta. But he has worked hard to make the two converge, so he's also within his town meta. And I just throw up my hands.

What happened to Zeke will tell himself in a few days you and Maol were going on about on day 1.

If you can't tell and Zeke is giving us nothing he is probably just scum.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to Zeke will tell himself in a few days you and Maol were going on about on day 1.

If you can't tell and Zeke is giving us nothing he is probably just scum.
I don't think he's giving us nothing, though. I just think he hasn't taken a town leader role and he doesn't always.

There are also several people I scumread with less hesitation.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Leo how do you feel about the top two trains? You think you will vote for one before eod if the trains don't change?

I went back and reread Haw's posts. D1 she was against voting Ty since very early (which gave her cred in my book when he flipped), but then she started pushing for Zeke saying that compared to Chuggs, he was acting more like a town leader and that was a scum tell for him. I have no idea where Zeke was acting in the least like a town leader anywhere in the game. Then she came up with the puss in boots gif unironically saying that was a scum tell for him. That was a bad start to her subsequent arguing with Zeke and pushing for him for the rest of the game. D2 she suddenly changed her opinion about Chuggs and went to his defense. Voted for Zeke saying she's null on Chuggs but still makes several posts defending him against Monkey. After Chuggs claims, she says she doesn't understand why he didn't say who he watched, but still doesn't vote for him, going for Kenny instead. D3 she votes for Kenny, and then moves to Zeke after the flips.

As I've said in my previous meta reading of her, being focused on a couple of players is more of a town tell for her, when she's scum she tends to scatter her shots. But while I don't even argue her point about Zeke's defensiveness because I agree, the way it started, her initial scum reading of him was just very weak. I think she's better at scum hunting than this, and i think as town she would have been following other people and bringing consistent reads on them.

Zeke doesn't look much better. I honestly can't point anything he has done in the game aside from getting back at people who scum read him, he's overly defensive and will keep long discussions over the same premisses. I've also been suspicious of his hammering Chuggs. However, as i was saying yesterday, his claim just baffled me. I initially thought it was a joke because I can't see the reason why he would claim that either as scum or town. I asked people what they thought of his claim to try to make sense of it. Today we've had people pointing he would have no reason to claim that as scum, and it's true, at least i can't think of any. And while the timing doesn't make much sense, there's at least one reason why he would claim that as town: because it's true. That is making me question my read on him. They're both different from their town selves I'm familiar with, but Zeke will always be more unpredictable.

So for now out of those two trains i guess I'm going with Haw for now. As always, will be paying attention to how the vote will go and see how I feel about it.

vote: Hawthorn

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
ut then she started pushing for Zeke saying that compared to Chuggs, he was acting more like a town leader and that was a scum tell for him. I have no idea where Zeke was acting in the least like a town leader anywhere in the game.

I never said that Zeke was acting like a town leader. At one point I said that I was switching to Zeke because he was leading in votes; i.e. I wanted to vote on a train that was more likely to take off. Somebody misinterpreted what I was saying at the time and I explained that I meant leading in votes, not acting as a town leader.

After Chuggs claims, she says she doesn't understand why he didn't say who he watched, but still doesn't vote for him, going for Kenny instead.

I was getting to the point where I would have switched to Chuggs, but he claimed first. Then I didn't switch because I didn't want to cause a turbo; it seemed like he was about to spill dirt on the other scum team.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
even though it seems that Hawthorn is going to be the one ejected, i am going to keep my vote on him, the most recent posts from him just solidied my believe.