weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe an australian doesn't know a discworld quote when he sees it.

it says MESENGERS because that's how pterry bastardized the pony express motto. not sure which book introduces the post office generally speaking, i know it's before the one i read this week (men at arms) which is from 1993, so before that.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So 2 people claim to have sent messages into void, none have claimed the fake red check.
Hawthorn and Ephidel moving votes at the exact same moment looks like somebody had trouble coordinating in scum chat since there was only like a minute left.

I actually don't have a problem with atp doing the same thing because he looks more town than those 2 do.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
And yeah i'm calling it a fake red check cause tailoring nat n1 and then also missing their own kill or killing a teammate doesn't sound like a reasonable scum move, ikik, but even given the roster.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
zGeovTX.jpg

9yGWnRH.jpg

GeSYUdd.jpg

Cr7ahvE.jpg

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am pretty Shure I completely Screwed up using my ability Last night However it should not hurt town so No need to worry just a silly mistake that won't be repeated.
Did you say this about your message being easily traceable to you via capitalization, or were you referring to not that, i get it, shuttup wee?

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
There's no doubt the late swing in favour of Geno was pretty strange. Not only those 3 votes right at the end, but the fact that 7 votes got put down in 66 posts is really sketchy to me. I'm gonna look over those players and see if anything sticks out.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Did you say this about your message being easily traceable to you via capitalization, or were you referring to not that, i get it, shuttup wee?
The first mistake was easily traceable to me if the reader noticed words like Been were Capitalized.

But doesn't matter since everyone being a messenger combined with the message saying it's a message meant the plan was doomed from the start.

The flavor is revealed!
OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Sorry about that everyone! I know you were expecting your new name tags yesterday but the package got lost in the mail! Either case we have them now, so please stop by and get them when you get the chance... ehe.

It's just so ironic they got lost in the mail considering...

110e7c1e1c8c8953e787b56fdff866ed.gif

WE ALL WORK AT A POST OFFICE!!!

The mods will now send out your real role pms!!!

Stantastic you can click on that PM now 👀

All the flavor missing from days 1 and 2
OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Game flavor: It was just another day in a small post office in some small town somewhere... it seemed that way at least... but then something happened!!! Someone cooked a fish in the microwave!!!

In other news...

Orion is out with the flu for the foreseeable future!!!

SAMPLE PM HAS DIED!

For you it's a job. It pays well and that's all that matters!

You are Orion the Ordinary Employee and you are a Messenger!

You are aligned with the U.S. Post Office in some boring little town (That is Town).

During the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it.

You also have the power to vote!

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

The Game thread is here:
If you have any questions please contact the gamerunners.

Good luck earning your paycheck!

---

Day one start: As it turned out that fish seems to be some ominous forboding for the future events that'd would unfold... can the Post Office solve the case?

---

Day one end:

Patricia: All this bullshit is too much for me, I can pay off my loans with a better job.

Patricia has quit to pursue a better life!

(Geno has died!) in highlight text normally.

Originally you started out as a part time employee fresh out of college, but when the scanner broke down, you were able to fix it and you were promoted. You appreciate the extra money, but still you wish you could pay off your student loans faster.

You are Patricia the Package Tracker and you are a Tracker and Messenger!

You are aligned with the U.S. Post Office in some boring little town (That is Town).

During the night you can track a player using the command Follow that Package!: Player. You will learn who that player targeted but you will not learn what actions were performed.

Also during the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it.

The Game thread is here:

Good luck paying off your loans!

---

Day 2 start:

The Boss: It's unfortunate to say this but Yennifer has to be terminated. She spends way to much time gossiping to get any work done and I just won't let it stand anymore!!!

Yennifer has been fired!

(Natiko has died!) in highlight text normally.

Your job is fun. Sure some of your coworkers are annoying… like Brandi who is always making you look bad but you still think the job is a lot of fun with all the stuff you get up to on your breaks. Plus the holiday parties and picnics are fun.

You are Yennifer the Ordinary Employee and you a Messenger!

During the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it.

The Game thread is here:

Good Luck and have fun!

OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
ALSO PLEASE SEE THE UPDATED GAME RULES ON PAGE ONE. JUST TO CLARIFY THE THREAT OF MODKILL IS STILL IN EFFECT.

The game may continue!

Last edited:

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So what exactly about it is the mystery, anyway? I'm expecting the flavour to change again soon.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
I love the new theme.

I know Thorny was asking why people town read Sparks and I think he just comes across as very forced when he's scum and I'm not really seeing that here. It's just typical Sparks who's out hear misreading stuff and scum reading people for weird reasons, but it just feels like town Sparks to me.

I never responded to this. I guess I can see it -- I don't know how to read Sparks, but I guess I haven't played much with him as scum. A lot of people seemed very sure that he was town, which I intend to look at more closely when I get the chance, since he was the opposing wagon to town at eod.

I can't believe an australian doesn't know a discworld quote when he sees it.

it says MESENGERS because that's how pterry bastardized the pony express motto. not sure which book introduces the post office generally speaking, i know it's before the one i read this week (men at arms) which is from 1993, so before that.

[Hidden content]

It was Going Postal. I'm not asking you to directly quote the message you sent, but can you point us to the quote you're referring to?

Hawthorn and Ephidel moving votes at the exact same moment looks like somebody had trouble coordinating in scum chat since there was only like a minute left.

Looks to me like two posters who had the independent ability to look at their clocks and see that there was only a minute left and the vote was tied.

Since I agree with trying to figure out who sent what message today (but not necessarily in future days) I'll also mention that I received a message. I don't know who it was from.

Here are my notes on the claims so far:

Natiko sent to: ? received from: Hawthorn, Chuggs
Chuggernaut sent to: Natiko received from: no one
EvilChameleon sent to: received from: Mafia, neutral hunter, or someone pulling a bad gambit
HPsauce sent to: received from: A person who referenced MGS mafia
SalvaPot sent to: Sorian received from: no one
Sparks sent to: received from: he thinks Blarg
Sorian sent to: received from: Salva and two other people
Ephidel sent to: received from: Stan
ATP sent to: received from: no one
jman sent to: Chuggs (claimed) received from: an unidentified person
weemadarthur sent to: Stan received from:
Blargonaut sent to: Sparks maybe received from: Jman (claimed)
Stantastic sent to: Ephi received from: Weemad
Hawthorn sent to: Natiko received from: An unidentified person

I left off Sorian's claim to have sent the fake red check because I don't believe him, I think he's being mischievous again.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It was Going Postal. I'm not asking you to directly quote the message you sent, but can you point us to the quote you're referring to?
Lol it was absolutely NOT going postal, that's where the missing letters were discovered. The motto was introduced along with Mrs Cake, so it would have been at least by Reaper Man, possibly even in the light fantastic, which i can't check because i [think i] don't own it.

I suppose i could google glom of nit myself but i don't google my own brainworms. It's just the motto.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This theme doesn't make sense, my post office is constantly missing deliveries and they never get mod killed.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the most recent Wee posts. Would like a bit more in terms of reads, but I was getting town vibes from there before and I'm still getting them now.

This on the other hand.

ATP would rather vote out EC (who claims to have received a message about Natiko) than Chuggs and/or Hawthorn (who both place themselves at the crime scene at the time of Natiko's demise), sus means suspicious
VOTE: ATP

priorities what are they

This feels fake. It seems less like a read and more like an attempt to read it in the most bad faith way possible

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
Lol it was absolutely NOT going postal, that's where the missing letters were discovered. The motto was introduced along with Mrs Cake, so it would have been at least by Reaper Man, possibly even in the light fantastic, which i can't check because i [think i] don't own it.

I suppose i could google glom of nit myself but i don't google my own brainworms. It's just the motto.

OK, I googled "terry pratchett post office motto" and got a response that does have the word "messengers" plural in it, so I'm satisfied with your response.

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Blargonaut

Yeah I'm going to drop this here for now. Town Blarg isn't just shit posting and memes. Blarg is usually trying to solve in his own Blarg way, but I'm just not seeing that here.