Oct 27, 2017
AIK5brn.gif

VOTE: TheChuggernaut
Hmmmmmmm

Oct 25, 2017
The main thing that's getting me is as soon as the message thing became apparent I expected some weird solution from Blarg to try to get information out of it. Almost anytime I've been in a game with some weird mechanic like this happens Blarg will come up with something to try to game it even if it is flawed. It usually shows he's thinking about the game and is a pretty good tell if he's town. That's just not really present here, which tells me Blarg doesn't really care

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[...] Blarg will come up with something to try to game it even if it is flawed. It usually shows he's thinking about the game and is a pretty good tell if he's town. That's just not really present here [...]
Ejymr60.png

MODS MODS THE RUSSIAN HAVE HACKED BLARGH
Wow

Blarg is blargin out on day 2

this is not great
Sorian ??????????????????????????????
Sorian slap some sense into blargh
You got to load the shit machine with so much shit it sputters and shit itself and then kick it real hard
Keep it up Blargonaut

we actually figure out your alignment if you keep this up

or is this some mind control bullshit
Blargonaut are you being mind controlled?
I would advise against voting for blargh until he can get this bit done with jman

there's layers to this

1)Blargh is huffing his own farts
2)Blargh is hinting at something devious
3)Blargh is being mind controlled by Jman
Blargonaut are you high on your farts right now

like what's all this here then? Show my work

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Looking back, out of the ten (10) people to vote against Geno Yesterday I was the 1st & only to change their mind while everybody else's votes including yours were laser-focused onto him from Day-start to his end unchanged what's up with that huh Chuggs

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Chuggs we clearly got off on the wrong afoot and that's just sad so I'll cut you a deal yeah, if you vote against Ephi I'll support your endeavour how about that

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
*And no I'm not referring to Ephi as the mailbox, my vote is the figurative mailbox unto which I would deliver thine moft greateft apparent defire into being yeah

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
jman what's up with your capital letters Did you include a cipher in the message you sent last Night huh is that it is that why I can't figure it out because I Need that figured out first Can't parse the Puzzle without it is that It Tell Me JMAN

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe an australian doesn't know a discworld quote when he sees it.

it says MESENGERS because that's how pterry bastardized the pony express motto. not sure which book introduces the post office generally speaking, i know it's before the one i read this week (men at arms) which is from 1993, so before that.

[Hidden content]
Wee that doesnt work, googling it just gives me the fact its a mispelt US post office motto, which i already knew.
It also doesnt change the fact you sent a message that implies multiple messengers, and now we even see it implies you knew the games real flavour.
Sorry about that everyone! I know you were expecting your new name tags yesterday but the package got lost in the mail! Either case we have them now, so please stop by and get them when you get the chance... ehe.

It's just so ironic they got lost in the mail considering...

110e7c1e1c8c8953e787b56fdff866ed.gif

WE ALL WORK AT A POST OFFICE!!!

The mods will now send out your real role pms!!!

Stantastic you can click on that PM now 👀
Fucking FINALLY!

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I managed to fall asleep hunched over my laptop while listening to the Eurovision song contest.
I have no idea how I possibly managed that given the racket that Eurovision probably was, but I don't feel refreshed at all so clearly I'm cursed in some way.

Ephidel what do you think of blargh's and chugg's discussion and sorian's silence
I can't actually even follow half of what Blarg was saying to Chuggs there.
I'd say I'm surprised that when Blarg offered to vote with him in exchange for nothing that it didn't really happen but I guess if he had it would have looked pretty mercenary.
I can't really comment on anyone's silence given how I've been today.

Now do I believe Sorian?
Eh, it's possible.
I have to admit, I actually assumed Nat sent the message to EC himself to try and bait him into actually doing something after his attempt to prod at him yesterday failed. He did say he'd be returning to him today, maybe he wanted to see if he'd just latch on to what he "learned" overnight or actually present something of his own.
If that was the plan it evidently didn't work because EC is still floating around doing nothing. I can't even say that isn't towny of him because he did the same last game but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

EvilChameleon
Do you have any thoughts on today in light of yesterday?
Any thoughts on how the votes went at end of day?
Any thoughts on who might have wanted to set you against Nat?
Anything really?

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, no, that's not true.
Now I'm looking at that again.

Looking back, out of the ten (10) people to vote against Geno Yesterday I was the 1st & only to change their mind while everybody else's votes including yours were laser-focused onto him from Day-start to his end unchanged what's up with that huh Chuggs

Blargonaut What made you change your mind on Geno?

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Stan's back too.

Short answer: This has to be better. I move forwards.

My expected outcome:
RaacNhK.png

But I'll be okay with it.

Real answer dear god nobody else read this I'm so rusty:
The unease in the pit of my stomach grew the deeper I got. Inside I was screaming, but on the outside I just stared as the numbers ticked away and tried to remember to breathe.

When it juddered to a halt and the light went out I forgot again.

Hope.
Fleeting, foolish, but hope none the less. I'd thought I was resigned to whatever was waiting but once the infernal machine ground to a halt I wanted OUT.

I don't know what possessed me to siddle up to the ominious sliver of red that marked the lift door, but when the door actually shifted when I clawed at it my stomach flipped.
I pried it open further, just a few inches at first, bathing the lift in dim red light as I jammed my foot into the gap and stared into the gloom.
Dark. Red. Empty. God I hoped it was empty.
I willed my eyes to adjust and thought for a moment that in the distance I could see a door, but when I blinked again the shadows lurched back and I wasn't so sure after all.

Wait.
Go.
Wait.
Go.

What was out there?

I swallowed hard as I stared again at where moments before the numbers had been counting their way to my fate and gritted my teeth together, pulling my foot from the shoe in the doorway and giving it a good sharp kick into the hall.

It skidded along the floor with a muted skritching noise until it stopped shortly beyond where I could actually see.

I waited just a moment looking for movement, listening for sound... then closed my eyes and shoved myself into the gap to pry it open enough to get out before I could change my mind.

I was shaking as I stepped into the hallway still blinking frantically trying to adjust to the light.
And then, despite myself, I cast a glance back at the metal box that had been transporting me ever downwards and wondered if I'd be better off back in it. If I'd be better off waiting for whatever was meant for me.

Turn back or proceed.
Last chance.

I swallowed hard and turned my back on the lift and took another step into the hall.
Then another. Then another. When I finally reached my shoe I jammed my foot into it without even stopping.

This was better than cowering and waiting. It had to be. It had to be. It had to be.

Wait for my fate or walk towards it.
It's not even a choice, really.

I walk forwards.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Any thoughts on who might have wanted to set you against Nat?

Well, the thing is, even if Nat hadn't died overnight, a random message being sent to me saying they are mafia shouldn't be held at gospel. I'd bet it's someone just fucking around, especially since it would be super silly for someone that's mafia-aligned to send me a message saying their target is mafia, unless they thought there was a chance their kill would fail. That's the interesting thought experiment.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Funky Dude Sparks At... some point... you didn't really care about Geno and thought he could be good for a flip.
Now he was the flip did that make you think anything else? Did you feel like you learnt anything?

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
Preliminary reads list:

Chuggernaut - present a lot, original ideas, but don't quite trust him
EvilChameleon - probably town due to weird message received; doesn't seem like a gambiteer
HPsauce - low key, not much of a read so far
SalvaPot - ?
Sparks - others say he seems town, but he was the opposing wagon to town yesterday & don't get much from his posts
Sorian - feels very similar to mario kart, where he was town. No one has counterclaimed miller.. maybe it's just true?
Ephidel - feels off, very few arguments, but said she was busy, so would be willing to give her another day
ATP - feels contrary and irritable, which is normal.
jman - town lean so far. Weird mystic opening post doesn't make sense. Jman would show a pretyped to his scum mates.
weemadarthur - seemed scummy, but that quote thing actually turned me in the other direction
Blargonaut - Stan is a bit right that it's weird he doesn't seem to have a plan for the messages, he's just drifting. Does not remind me of his play from among us, my most recent town game with him
Stantastic - on the other hand, I don't like Stan's going after wee when she gave a reasonable excuse for the plural use of messengers, esp. when he didn't seem that concerned about his message-sender until after wee revealed.

Conclusion: would vote Stan, Blarg, Ephi, Sparks, maybe wee. Would not vote EC, Jman, ATP, Sorian (today). Others maybe, would have to be persuaded.

I actually am interested to hear who sent my message, if they would like to claim. I don't know who it is, but I have it narrowed down to 3, I think

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
It was a joke vote against "Sorian" because "Sorian" said he was "Geno"
I feel like I just got memed, but I do appreciate that you just gave me a straight answer as opposed to you know, the answers you were giving Chuggs.

Well, the thing is, even if Nat hadn't died overnight, a random message being sent to me saying they are mafia shouldn't be held at gospel. I'd bet it's someone just fucking around, especially since it would be super silly for someone that's mafia-aligned to send me a message saying their target is mafia, unless they thought there was a chance their kill would fail. That's the interesting thought experiment.
Yeah sure pick that part and ignore the other questions.

From the way those first few posts went at day start you didn't actually realise it was a random message until after everyone started talking about messages.
That was what made me wonder if you'd spent any time thinking about that.