• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negotiator117

Banned
Jul 3, 2020
I guess it's rather a stupid question but can they somehow salvage this console launch?

Knowing they have Destiny 2 on GP with all DLC, could a big marketing push give them some extra firepower? I feel they need a huge 3rd party exclusive but I have no idea where that would come from.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Phil can go on Animal Crossing and compliment Nintendo more. People here will be too distracted defending Sony's honor to buy a PS5.

jk, but probably an SX upgrade day 1, like Cyberpunk. failing that, I'm not sure which franchise would have that kind of pull.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You can't just spin up games on demand.

They'll have to flex gamepass, backwards compatibility and whatever enhancements they can do at a system level for BC.

They they'll have to flaunt that they are the best place to play all these new third party games.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Moneyhat Cyberpunk on Game Pass. A late breaking Hail Mary that would do well to buying in to the ecosystem

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Why didn't thry just delay some of their many releases thiw month and keep them for launch?

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine the first thing they did was contact CDPR and see if there was anything they could do together.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Won't SeX have like, by far, the biggest launch lineup of any console...ever? Gamepass, Backwards Compatibility, Smart Delivery...

How soon people forget, consoles used to launch with like 8-10 mostly shitty games.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
More Xbox's have launched without halo than with...

Obviously having it is better, but it's clearly not required. That's like saying Sony needed to launch the PS5 with Uncharted 5 or smoe shit.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get Cyberpunk Ray tracing next gen patch at launch.

But to be honest, they dont need anything. They will have the most powerful and cheapest console on the market. They will be very competitive in NA. Soccer moms dont know about tflops. Even some era members dont want to hear about tflops. They will see a $299 xbox and buy it for christmas. The hardcore will buy the console with the most tflops.

They will be fine.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
nothing at this point. they should've focused more on their 1st party software years ago. instead they chose to do a half-step console nobody asked for

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
If you see Microsoft pushing their big pillar franchise release to next year during a console launch, you better Warn a Brotha

ArtemisLunar

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Jun 13, 2018
Create Halo 2 (Not the sequel) and buy Nintendo so they can put Ocarina 4k on it.
(They are going to be fine, and it's more important that Halo have a good game that being a launch title)

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Moneyhat Cyberpunk on Game Pass. A late breaking Hail Mary that would do well to buying in to the ecosystem
My thoughts exactly. Maybe a 2nd game as well though not one comes to mind as a system seller. I was also toying with the idea of avengers going to game pass to compensate for lack of Spider-Man

Apr 30, 2019
I bought the Xbox one at launch in 2013 to play battlefield 4. I'm sure people will buy series X to play next gen third parties at launch.

I wonder what kinds of enhancements we'll see to Halo 5 tho.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Focus on Game Pass and 3rd party, which is pretty much all they can do now, unless they have a secret 1st party game that's ready to take Halo's place in time for launch.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I don't know that I even agree with the premise of this thread, but if they really feel the need to do something: put Cyberpunk on Game Pass in November.

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
It's kind of expected that a non-Nintendo console launch will suck shit, isn't it? I mean you don't generally have a good reason to buy a new machine for a year or so. The diehards who get one on launch day are a different breed from your regular consumer, and will buy it regardless

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't need to be there at launch. PS5 isn't launching with a new Uncharted, God of War or HZD2 either.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
MS released two other consoles without Halo also.
Its really odd that people are making such a fuss about this considering the above stated facts. It's also odd that MS pushed for Infinite to be some sort of showcase for the XSX when its been obvious (and also officially stated by MS and 343i) that Infinite was developed as an X1 game.

The marketing and messaging for Infinite has been really off point. Infinite should have just been announced as X1's final swan song with a slightly spruced up version available on the XSX. Sony has no issues releasing big first party titles on its consoles final year (TLOU, TLOU Part II, etc.), don't really understand why MS is hesitant to do the same with Infinite. Would have saved them a whole lot of bad PR.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The console is a beast and will take every single game in your library to another level in performance. It will also be the best place to play multiplats for performance. Gamepass is a beast and you can have an instant library of games to play for someone new to the platform for little cost. It's certainly a huge loss, but the loss of Halo is not as big a deal as many are making it out to be.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
I think the importance of launch titles is overblown. There is always a very limited supply of consoles at launch anyway and those will all be bought by each brand's hardcore supporters. It doesn't matter what the titles are as long as they look pretty.

How to continue selling consoles over the next 18-24 months is probably the more important strategy for Microsoft to consider.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Despite being its biggest franchise, only the original Xbox launched with a Halo title.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, but they still had other exclusive, next-gen launch titles. What does XSX have right now?
The Medium and maybe Scorn
Wouldn't it make more sense to bundle Cyberpunk with Series X? Putting it on Game Pass would make it available on Xbox One and not give people incentive to upgrade.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Halo hasn't been a launch title since the original game, but they always had Forza.

I suppose they should focus on how it makes third party games and BC games shine, while also providing regular glimpses into what their first-party is up to and the progress their making. If there is a big acquisition in play, or some killer Game Pass deals then I'd reveal those kinds of things soon.

The fact MS mentioned acquisitions under Xbox in their latest SEC filing suggests there's something in the works that should be soon.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
nothing at this point. they should've focused more on their 1st party software years ago. instead they chose to do a half-step console nobody asked for

Series X is a half step to you? Are you referring to the One X? What does that have to do with Series X...

And the One X is awesome, without it I would not have gotten an Xbox this generation.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I guess it's rather a stupid question but can they somehow salvage this console launch?

Knowing they have Destiny 2 on GP with all DLC, could a big marketing push give them some extra firepower? I feel they need a huge 3rd party exclusive but I have no idea where that would come from.
The only console Halo ever launched with was the OG Xbox. They'll be fine.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought about making this thread but i didnt want to get yelled at, I have two ideas.

the first is to throw as much money and extra man power at cd projekt red as possible to ensure that the series x native version Of cyberpunk is ready by this November.

idea two is to get out with a presentation as soon as is feasible, to reignite consumer confidence in the series x. Show some big games coming in the next few years, and have gameplay running natively on the system whenever possible, do not show cg or in engine trailers, you need to get people excited about the system again.

idea three and the most likely, is they do none of these things and cede this holiday to playstation. Eat the loss this holiday, come out with strong enticing exclusive first and third party software next year like halo, forza, and flight simulator Ect..., and hope you can pick things back up with a strong software back up

if they dont do or say something soon, things are only gonna look worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.