LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
On Launch - I generally feel good about him.... I am surprised by the lack of volume in posting though. Stands out to me as a little odd compared to what I'm typically used to from him. As of right now I lean Town on him but the relative lack of posts compared to usual feels odd to me.
I figured it would come up, so I want to address my lack of volume. Basically, I post way too fucking much and say way too little of value. It's just noise, and I find it hurts more than it helps. Part of it is because I try to reply to things when I'm distracted and what comes out is bad play. I'm trying to change that.

I'm also trying to keep my posts succinct because no one reads long posts.

How do you feel about flush's posts
theres 5
and 2 with content

hmm "vote for people who do not generate many interactions or people wel''s need to forcefully check"
sounds like they want to be votted on LOL
I'm not even sure that qualifies as content.

That was a lot of words by Launch just to say "aggressive ATP is town, if he's reserved I'd be concerned".
lol ironic. I felt the context of what ATP said was important to talk about.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but LP has seemed a bit more prickly than usual this game. Lots of swatting away trains of thought.

For a lack of better hunches I'll stick with my Sneeks vote for the time being - what is noteworthy is the defense that came out of the woodwork (LP, Ambulance, Neki). I'm more cautious of a power wolf team steering discussion because of my last game. It remains to be seen if those need to be looked at in the future.
It's not going to do your pocket paranoia and favors, but I agree with you here. Maybe wouldn't go all the way to power wolf, but buddying feels like it's become more common.

That was waffley from Launch but I feel like Launch waffles as both town and scum, so I dont think there's anything there yet.
Where is my waffle?

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Which would be an exercise in irony since Neki expressed that exact fear of being criticized for weak conclusions.

But yes, the core premise of your post is accurate in that I did not examine the details of every post. I expect you made the request in good faith, but I don't think it productive activity at this moment. As I said before, I prefer to reconcile votes with actions. Right now, we only have votes.
No, I'm fairly sure we have some actions too.

For what it's worth, I absolutely had ulterior motives.
I'm still trying to narrow down what it is about you that's got my attention. You've seemed amusing and flippant so far. Nothing wrong with amusing, not so sure about the flippant.

To be honest I was less interested in your opinion of Neki and more hoping that as he'd offered comments on so many people you might end up commenting on some of them by way of commenting on him.

A failure, evidently, but one that told me that someone who seems quite calculating didn't actually read things.
And like I said, not entirely sure what to do with it.
Except this, perhaps.

Vote: Anex

I would also note that being punctilious is a good way to try and appear useful, and the risk you run anytime you focus on a particular poster.
*googles punctilious*

Well to add to this, I see why so many are voting Malus. A little too overeager and scattershot for D1 I'd agree. I don't want to bus on D1 though.
590947801651871911.png

I figured it would come up, so I want to address my lack of volume. Basically, I post way too fucking much and say way too little of value. It's just noise, and I find it hurts more than it helps. Part of it is because I try to reply to things when I'm distracted and what comes out is bad play. I'm trying to change that.

I'm also trying to keep my posts succinct because no one reads long posts.
I read long posts :(

Vy5jXql.jpg

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Yuta and ATP are the two I feel best about right now.

While I don't like the ATP push from Leo, malus, and wee (that's all right?), I also don't see anything in those three players that makes me think they're scum.

dislike the grouping he did earlier and I disagree with the ATP scumread imo. giving me scummy vibes
On the topic of ATP, I went back to Sneeks' defense because I remembered there was little substance to it, but the reasoning to go in on malus doesn't look great, either. I'm comfortable sticking with my vote.

I might could go for LP. I think his few posts so far have had a more dismissive attitude than his usual town play.

Everyone else I'm null on.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yuta and ATP are the two I feel best about right now.

While I don't like the ATP push from Leo, malus, and wee (that's all right?), I also don't see anything in those three players that makes me think they're scum.

On the topic of ATP, I went back to Sneeks' defense because I remembered there was little substance to it, but the reasoning to go in on malus doesn't look great, either. I'm comfortable sticking with my vote.

I might could go for LP. I think his few posts so far have had a more dismissive attitude than his usual town play.

Everyone else I'm null on.

Yeah, Leo and malus always scum read me and wee is grouchy.

Sneeks could be pocketing me a little, if it was a pocket it worked.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
For what it's worth, I absolutely had ulterior motives.
I'm still trying to narrow down what it is about you that's got my attention. You've seemed amusing and flippant so far. Nothing wrong with amusing, not so sure about the flippant.

There almost has to be an element of flippancy/nonchalance on day 1 because if you get voted off, it's almost certainly for shoddy reasoning. I've never seen baddies voted off day 1 in all of my playing. It's usually pretty simple to steer votes and discussion on day 1 to avoid that happening. Those actions can be illuminating on subsequent days, though.

To be honest I was less interested in your opinion of Neki and more hoping that as he'd offered comments on so many people you might end up commenting on some of them by way of commenting on him.

A failure, evidently, but one that told me that someone who seems quite calculating didn't actually read things.
And like I said, not entirely sure what to do with it.
Except this, perhaps.
Neki's comments were largely based on meta. I specifically said I don't have the background to comment on meta, so I'm not sure what you expect me to do there. I'm largely dependent on others' takes and reactions to one another in the early days.

Nov 2, 2017
So I've had a reread and looked at what I liked and didn't like.

I mentioned HP and wee earlier, feel better about. I think wee's just being wee (remember a bit of it from Scooby Doo 2) and there wasn't a lot for HP, not enough to vote there at least.

Came away feeling worse about Launch.
Independent of Yuta's read which I feel was a bit premature at the time he placed a vote, Sneeks sounds like she's trying hard to sound like everything is rolling off her. She didn't pay much mind to Yuta's vote on her or any of what he's said in reference to her. Sneeks is acting overly friendly with a lot of players and reads like she's forcing herself to joke around. Also, I can't help but have a red flag come up when she uses the ":<" emote.

I do not feel the same way about wee. She feels like she's in her town range right now.
Speaking of confidence, I need to have a little more myself and fix my issue of voting late in the phase last game. It's a D1 read, but I have also realized my first gut read out the gate turns out to be scum a majority of the time and I just let them off the hook after the initial push.

VOTE: Sawneeks
Just reads a bit like a setup and follow through on a vote they hope to push. Kind of "gosh, I'm trying guys" and I didn't really vibe with any of the stuff laid against Sneeks. A couple of other points felt like they were subtlely trying to nudge and shade people. Some side eye from me.

It's where I want to vote now vote: Launchpad

Nov 2, 2017
Also, feel like a few people gave Fate shit for this list but didn't really ask him for specifics which gets some side eye too.
Not Voting
Sawneeks
Anexanhume
Ambulance
Wee
Bojack
Yuta
Launchpad
LP

Vote
AllThingsPurple
Zippedpinhead
HPSauce
Jman
Malus
Neki

Need More
Leo
Ephidel
Royal
Blarg
I'm more interested in the vote list. Specifically, why HP or Zipped? They seem inoffensive so far?

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
do we have a different meaning of bussing?
to me bussing = scum voting scum
am i being dumb rite now?
No, I am being dumb. I thought bussing meant everyone ganging up on one person to expedite a majority, regardless of the voter's affiliation. This makes my other comments shitposts in context now, whoops.

Is there an accepted term for the practice in describing?

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What lands Leo in the need more list vs someone like me who hasn't been as present yet is in the no vote list?
Leo at the time, didnt have many interactions and if i would re-do that list. he'd be in the no vote cate
you impressed me with ur play in fantasy, and thats why i wont vote you D1
i dont really like how lax and laidback you are, kinda remind me of scum ATP from fGO, so yea enjoy not being on my no vote for now

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
What you described previously, reaching a majority, would also end the day early. I think the latter part of what you're describing there is generally called coasting?
Right, but adding a vote that is likely to lead to majority vs. one that just happens to be for the current lead vote getter are distinct activities.

Coasting I would regard as minimal post counts without any analysis. Turbo/train/wagon is certainly a part of that, but it's a larger behavioral pattern overall.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Ok ive been thinking long and hard about how to approach my ability in this game and I am going to try to Just tell town how the have to behave to most benefit us.

I have to ask you all to trust me here and do exactly what I say and no this is not reverse psychology bullshit actually listen to exactly what im telling you to get town in best position to win.

Power Roles absolutely under any circumstance do not Investigate me, Do not Swap Me and Don't Heal Me . My role has some twist that I don't wanna share and I will try to hurt Mafia But town will be hurt by it too especially if you Target me.

If you feel Iffy just Vote me out but Please avoid using Power roles on Me.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is this sarcasm or am I actually supposed to know the word "truculent"?
1. It was on the synonym list in the dictionary quotes that were posted, so it wasn't out of my own vocabulary purely.
2. I picked it sarcastically as the least likely synonym to be known by anyone.
3. I will TRY not to get into a vocabulary war with blargonaut again this game, but no promises.
4. Yes, i knew what it meant beforehand.

for other people: royal DID say on signing up that he's on vacay and will have spotty internet access "this week" or some other period of time.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Ok ive been thinking long and hard about how to approach my ability in this game and I am going to try to Just tell town how the have to behave to most benefit us.

I have to ask you all to trust me here and do exactly what I say and no this is not reverse psychology bullshit actually listen to exactly what im telling you to get town in best position to win.

Power Roles absolutely under any circumstance do not Investigate me, Do not Swap Me and Don't Heal Me . My role has some twist that I don't wanna share and I will try to hurt Mafia But town will be hurt by it too especially if you Target me.

If you feel Iffy just Vote me out but Please avoid using Power roles on Me.
Well this is spicy. I assume that since you didn't explicitly say it, you can be protected. Because you surely have made a target of yourself with this declaration.

Getting meta on game design, I can't imagine a role designed such that it would be that disastrous to be targeted by town randomly, so I have to wonder if this reveal will be worth it. Especially since you made this declaration when you were under relatively little scrutiny.

Oct 27, 2017
You have me at a disadvantage because I don't know how facetious you're being.
We have issues with the use of "bussing" from time to time. It is often seen as a slip. Your post was a low hanging fruit to accuse you.

Those two pointed it out:
Ambulance was first, hence my vote on him - but no reaction.

Furthermore Fate, Launch and ATP have chosen to ignore your post completely. At least from Launch I had expected to engage it.

Oct 27, 2017
Those giggly eyes really start to get on my nerves lol, but I'm already voting you.

You give off a scent of security, like you know what's going on, writing down those townreads with ease, because you know you can't be wrong. Or something like that. Feels fishy to me.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Well this is spicy. I assume that since you didn't explicitly say it, you can be protected. Because you surely have made a target of yourself with this declaration.

Getting meta on game design, I can't imagine a role designed such that it would be that disastrous to be targeted by town randomly, so I have to wonder if this reveal will be worth it. Especially since you made this declaration when you were under relatively little scrutiny.
I want to avoid being specific on details for reasons that will be obvious at some point.

Just don't target me with Night Abilities

Hopefully the fact that I am doing this with little scrutiny buys me some leeway that I am just making a move that helps town here even if it my put me in Harms way Vote wise.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
We have issues with the use of "bussing" from time to time. It is often seen as a slip. Your post was a low hanging fruit to accuse you.

Furthermore Fate, Launch and ATP have chosen to ignore your post completely. At least from Launch I had expected to engage it.
Explain to me why Ambu pointing it out caused you to vote for him?

And sorry for the confusion, but the fallout has been amusing.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Also, feel like a few people gave Fate shit for this list but didn't really ask him for specifics which gets some side eye too.

I'm more interested in the vote list. Specifically, why HP or Zipped? They seem inoffensive so far?
Going to be honest here, I generally expect Fate's lists to be somewhat arbitrary and I don't think I've ever seen someone question him on one and get an answer that implied otherwise.
I smiled a bit when I saw that his placement of me doesn't mesh with his actions towards me because that's nothing new, then decided to move on.
3. I will TRY not to get into a vocabulary war with blargonaut again this game, but no promises.
Go for it. His current vocabulary isn't anything the rest of us can work with, maybe you'll have more luck.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
And on that note. Lately blarg has been allowing scum teams to carry his useless body across the win-line, so this is consistent with his recent scum play.

don't be fooled by lookalikes. Blargonaut Care to contribute anything readable? play some tic tac toe maaybe?

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Those giggly eyes really start to get on my nerves lol, but I'm already voting you.

You give off a scent of security, like you know what's going on, writing down those townreads with ease, because you know you can't be wrong. Or something like that. Feels fishy to me.
If I was making townreads with ease, I'd have more than two right now.

As for why I'm coming off as more laid back than usual, it's because it's D1 so I don't have anything strong to chase, and I said I was going to talk less than I have before. Me not responding to everything that gets posted shouldn't be a tell.

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
well, it's not a Cesar cipher. It's not base64. It doesn't look like Klingon.

I don't really think those were serious accusations though