• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Royal and HP have a weird dynamic here where they both have a lot of the same opinions, but also scum read each other. I'm really struggling with this. It feels like a weird dynamic to have, I know town HP looks for connections, interactions, but he doesn't re-evaluate that his top scum read is posting a lot of similar thoughts? It almost feels stubborn, like he wants to be seen as scum reading Royal while more heavily pushing LP. Look at the difference in his arguments - LP he gives a detailed breakdown, whereas Royal it's just "idk he's not around".
Do you think HP is scum then?
why wouldnt have scum team bussed HP instead of royal? esp considering royal's role and the amount of heat HP was on

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I'd gone out instead of Random, he was actually capable of making arguments that resemble arguments instead of me, who can only make things that resemble fragmented garbage.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
On to the second set:

Yuta asked questions D1 and gunned for Blarg on D1. Randomless wanted to "yeet" HP instead of Blarg after L_P claimed. Other than that, he seem solvy. Would not put as Scum for now.

As for you: I can't read you, I'm way to agitated by your playstyle apparently being behaving like a complete jerk.You are asking people for reads. Other than that you are almost exclusively pushing for people who do not deliver "good enough" content in your opinion, which is a pretty easy category to go for as Scum and I feel like half of your posts are just names without any explanation. And, you know, the more I write here, the more I talk myself into that, yes, you might be Scum. I didn't ISO you yet and won't do it today because it's half past midnight here.

Night 2 (In the vote tool you can click "Toccle View" and get a chronological timeline incl. replacements)

you can do an ISO on my 258 posts, or just ask me about the names i am posting, up to you

Fun fact, I was seriously considering ignoring Fate because his rudeness is fucking annoying. If I say I'm real life busy, and only on mobile, accept that and don't insult me for having only 6 posts. Suggest that I sub out if you can't deal with me not making this game my first life priority

Most of the names you're posting are the same set, which obviously are your Scum reads. Why you're posting them 20 times a day is beyond me. Why you would want somebody to ask you about them instead of just writing something to them is too. You're just generating noise.

But fine, I'll bite: Why are the 5 people in the "who to shoot" list you posted today in that list?

Nah, you know what, forget that last line. I'm sure it's some genious play to get some reads out of people. I'll ask you about one of the 200 other lists when I go through your posts tomorrow

Did he imply that? Where, I missed it?

But isn't this mostly what you've been doing recently? Throwing out a name and a maybe a complimentary vote then stop engaging with that person except for asking for names lists?

I see. You forgot a "one" and I missed the "of" so "one of my scumreads" became "[both] my scumreads"

When you were leading, Blarg was not the contesting wagon. You even write "unexpectedly" yourself. So why would you even consider "taking the L"?

what?
ive been on ur ass the whole game, so is HPs
its hard to follow through on things when the person isnt around

a) you have other Scum reads than just me and HP
b) your case on me has been static since D1

Where is this change of heart coming from? You had HP as Scum the entire game and even suggested to flip him 2 hours before EOD yesterday

would you pressure royal? they had said some wrong things today and ephi isnt really pushing a scum read

what do you need my hekp with?

I dont trust HP to be in a final 3, but right now we are heading to a MYLO scenario
if HP flips town, where do you go from there
I would rather flip you tbh over HP considering your barely following the game

thats what gets me
I just dont want to be the person that has to someone who is having anxiety, that they are faking it,

FateShirou Since this is the second time you bring this up to me: Please point out where I'm wrong and not paying attention. Because I disagree.

you are not following the thread otherwise you would have know that i already questioned you on this

You quoted this and wrote something that has nothing to do with what you quoted (as you often do) and I'm not going to answer nonsense. You said "HP wasted his shot". Nowhere in my original post I say or imply I didn't. In fact, I acknowledge he obviously has Double vote (because he used it twice by now) and we should check him regardless.

the only thing we can check now is their AI

Do you think the reasons i have for SRing you is false?
i mean i consider you to be a low laying, you havnt really pushed anyone so far in this game, you said LP ignored your inquiries, what have u done about that? what other scum reads do you have besides me?
can you list the people in this game from town - > scum?

Yes, I think your case around me resolves mainly about me not putting much time into the game until this Monday (which I announced when signing up for it) and after that you start spinning the narrative I wouldn't pay attention to the game which is not the case and your biggest argument for it is a post you apparently read in a way I don't understand and me not engaging with your nonsense comment on it.

I'm not saying L_P ignores *my* inquiries, I say L_P ignores *all* inquiries. I pointed it out. What else do you want me to do? Do you think asking the same direct question multiple times suddenly gives a different outcome?

One of L_P and HP is scum, unlikely none of them, no way both of them (A fake doctor claim wouldn't make sense then on D3).

I feel like you're the one not paying attention here. I gave an (unordered) reads list after Natiko subbed in. But sure, have an ordered one:

Bojack
Zipped
Natiko
Ephidel
Randomless
Verelios
malus (higher up if L_P is not a doctor)
L_P*
Fate
HP*

*not independent of each other

Middle field of that list is very close with each other

it feels like a circle with you
before u got AWOL again, whats ur read on ephi/malus

I don't know what you want from me? How do you not understand that people can have multiple Scum reads?

vote: Fate

There, you happy? Now you have it in the vote record.

Vote: HPSauce

Why are you asking the same questions over and over again? I'm circular? Well, you're groundhog day then. You ask a question, I answer it, you ignore the answer and hours later you ask the same question again.

But, fine, because I only have to leave in half an hour, I'll humor you, this time slightly more elaborate:

Ephi to me genuinely looks like she's trying to solve. Glancing over her posts, I have to admit her pushes are not coming hard, if at all, and the vote history does not stand out in either way (slightly worse than average I'd say). Roleclaim is easy to fake, would not consider when determining Scumminess.

malus barely posts and the posts he makes usually are not super helpful but also don't set off large flags.. Pushes are few. Had considerable influence on the Blarg train D3 and has a pretty town-leaning role.

None of this information should be new to you.

Also, it's AWL, not AWOL, I do have leave, I just didn't ask you for it, I gave it to myself, thank you.
Just... read these posts lol This is beyond pushing, this is outright antagonism. Like Royal very clearly just despises Fate by the time Royal gets voted out. I cannot read these as faked. Royal is 100% heated, and Fate does not give a single fuck. I didn't grab them earlier, but Fate never calls LP into question about the claim, he states early on D4 that he thinks it should just be believed. Fate is sitting here ready to shit on anyone, but he..gives LP a pass. Is it possible this is a scum mastermind plan? I guess, but I don't think so. Some of the exchanges above made me uncomfortable reading them.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Just... read these posts lol This is beyond pushing, this is outright antagonism. Like Royal very clearly just despises Fate by the time Royal gets voted out. I cannot read these as faked. Royal is 100% heated, and Fate does not give a single fuck. I didn't grab them earlier, but Fate never calls LP into question about the claim, he states early on D4 that he thinks it should just be believed. Fate is sitting here ready to shit on anyone, but he..gives LP a pass. Is it possible this is a scum mastermind plan? I guess, but I don't think so. Some of the exchanges above made me uncomfortable reading them.
So would you say that it in your opinion it looks like the hostility goes beyond distancing?
So you would be inclined to think they're not teammates?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Ephidel I've already responded to these same points before, I'm not wasting my time at day end doing it again in detail. I don't like trying to read through days of posts just for the sake of catch up. Look at the timing between Jman replacing out, me accepting, and then me posting. How you think I even had time to go read a bunch of shit or see what Jman said is beyond me, and I especially don't give a shit to because guess what - I'M TOWN. If I was scum sure, lot more likelihood of needing to be cautious and cover my ass. I didn't give a shit because I didn't need to give a shit. I do have flavor in my role PM, and while I can't quote it it says essentially: You're a borg homie, but not part of the collective. Peeps be mad sus on you and your intentions, but you just wanna flock in the flowers and chill. (Clearly embellished a lot on the way it's written so I'm not modkilled lol)

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Vote: Ephidel

I'm tired and half tempted to ask to get sent up today. Scum, please put the bullet in my head instead of LP tonight, thanks.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
This is a big one. HPSauce is gonna appreciate this (unless..)

Meh, halfway through D1 I feel like even lists without reasoning just on gut or principal are okay. I agree though that it would have been more useful if there was at least an indication of it was gut, reasoning or evidence

ephidel: feels Town, makes the right kind of observations, very good gut feeling, will definitely not vote there today

HPsauce: Mostly shitposting but I don't really get scum vibes from it. Just feels like he's having a good time. Based on gut would rather not vote there...

Bojack: Also mostly shitposting, solve attempts seem weak, could imagine voting there.

Is this sarcasm or am I actually supposed to know the word "truculent"?

Are you a not-powerful wolf though?
Early on, back on D1 we get a gut read from Royal. He says Ephi feels town. Okay, sure.

3N.

To Bo - I didn't slip away, I was still very much there.
I wanted to see what would happen, wouldn't be very easy to do that if I wasn't watching, and I moved again when I saw what was.
To Leo - I wasn't avoiding HP, had expressed my willingness to vote there, and did vote there. I just let my curiosity get the better of me along the way.

Faced with a day end where I had no particularly strong feelings towards any of the people in the firing line people I felt the urge to experiment a little.

Malus was a boring vote. Acceptable, but boring. Sneeks wanted to vote Malus, and I didn't actually trust her, her snipe at me voting there making her want to move, or the fact that absolutely nobody moved when Yuta went to her.
LP was up there as an option at the time, largely being voted on what felt like tone.
Sneeks herself was apparently not interesting enough as a vote, which I'll admit did surprise me. I didn't actually expect my momentary Sneeks vote to do anything though, Yuta had tried that already, I voted there to express my interest, basically.
HP's little blowup with Bo earlier in the day had stuck with me. Pair that with a lot of posts of which looked like bickering and anger and provocation and I was willing to vote there.

And then there was the fact HP's own vote was still sitting out there on Fate and I couldn't help wondering where it would land if he had options for self preservation rather than a clear countervote.

Launch had two votes when I moved to him. Two. I don't think I could have been expected to know that would catch fire, it's not like there'd been an excessive amount of interest in Launch through the day.
But I was curious. ATP made a point of asking me about him. LP made a snide comment about him being safe because he posts a lot but was already voting there so I didn't need to factor in the possibility of him moving.

And I just wanted to do it.
I wanted to see what would happen.

... then I saw what was happening and I balked but the train had already left the station.
My problem, of course, is that I'm not actually sure how to look at any of it and make something useful of it, but I'm certainly going to give it a go.

In the meanwhile though, Vote: Blargonaut

I mean, I appreciate having multiple trains for better wagonomics as much as the next guy, but you should be somewhat upfront about it. This kinda reads like you feel responsible for the Launch launch (wordplay shamelessly stolen) and try to not have it blow up in your face.

Also, if you didn't have feelings about the back then main trains, did you have strong feelings about Launch? because why would you want to stop the Launch train of you also don't feel all the other trains are significantly better?
Jump forward to Day 2, now Royal is a little concerned. He pokes at Ephidel some, feeling like she feels responsible for the Launch wagon. I can't wait to see how he follows it up!

I Town-read Ephidel early in the game. I can't remember a single thing of her this day phase, but I'll let her slide on my earlier read for a bit. Would not vote there anytime soon unless something sets of a flag.

I townread Bojack both on behavior as well as role. There's also the early Blarg-bunch (malus, wee, bojack again) which I will not vote anytime soon. malus had one post that set off some flags with me, has a role that seems more Town than Scum and other than that seemed pretty himself. wee's claim of a parity cop would be quite the bold fake claim for Scum.

I don't Scumread Verelios which is a bad sign. Town Vere usually is full of red flags for me, but it's been a while since my last game. not my focus right now, will revisit later.

Don't really know what to think of Anex. Randomless looks okay, but I barely remember Yuta or him, despite him posting a lot (and I know at least the past couple of hours his posts weren't completely meaningles, so that's on me not focusing enough). Zipped completely null...

L_P's "I played sloppy on purpose" seems bad and I'm not sure I like his post-claim "not sloppy" playstyle a lot more...

In general I was barely there the first 3 phases (on vacation and volunteering at our federal elections) so while I think I rememeber most of the big things I often only glanced over the thread and didn't pick up on the more subtle stuff. The thing to do would be to reread the whole thread, but I'm with you on that endevour :P
Oh wait. It's *checks notes* DAY FUCKING FOUR NOW?! Boy, Royal cared so little about that concern he made one post about it then never uttered Ephi's name again until I was in the game. That's how much time has passed. And just like that...back to a town read, one that he can't really explain. He isn't even sure what she's posted!

Yes, I think your case around me resolves mainly about me not putting much time into the game until this Monday (which I announced when signing up for it) and after that you start spinning the narrative I wouldn't pay attention to the game which is not the case and your biggest argument for it is a post you apparently read in a way I don't understand and me not engaging with your nonsense comment on it.

I'm not saying L_P ignores *my* inquiries, I say L_P ignores *all* inquiries. I pointed it out. What else do you want me to do? Do you think asking the same direct question multiple times suddenly gives a different outcome?

One of L_P and HP is scum, unlikely none of them, no way both of them (A fake doctor claim wouldn't make sense then on D3).

I feel like you're the one not paying attention here. I gave an (unordered) reads list after Natiko subbed in. But sure, have an ordered one:

Bojack
Zipped
Natiko
Ephidel
Randomless
Verelios
malus (higher up if L_P is not a doctor)
L_P*
Fate
HP*

*not independent of each other

Middle field of that list is very close with each other
Again, Ephi listed higher in the reads list - he gets questioned about this:

Ephi tries to solve according to my memory. If you had been paying attention I had a good feeling there the whole game.

If HP is Town I go to L_P next. You are somewhat entangled with L_P given your partial claim, but I'd be okay with flipping you anywhere inbetween this process.
Oh now he's had a good feeling there the whole game. Interesting, because he's barely talked to her, about her, and in fact, the only time I could find that he directly spoke to her it was to voice concerns he had and completely dropped later on. That's.. something. Surely he'll go into more detail later though.

I don't know what you want from me? How do you not understand that people can have multiple Scum reads?

Why are you asking the same questions over and over again? I'm circular? Well, you're groundhog day then. You ask a question, I answer it, you ignore the answer and hours later you ask the same question again.

But, fine, because I only have to leave in half an hour, I'll humor you, this time slightly more elaborate:

Ephi to me genuinely looks like she's trying to solve. Glancing over her posts, I have to admit her pushes are not coming hard, if at all, and the vote history does not stand out in either way (slightly worse than average I'd say). Roleclaim is easy to fake, would not consider when determining Scumminess.

malus barely posts and the posts he makes usually are not super helpful but also don't set off large flags.. Pushes are few. Had considerable influence on the Blarg train D3 and has a pretty town-leaning role.

None of this information should be new to you.

Also, it's AWL, not AWOL, I do have leave, I just didn't ask you for it, I gave it to myself, thank you.
More wishy washy reasons, just sort of.. town reads her because. And you're sitting here saying "Nat, but why did you mention HP at the top" well that's because, not only does Royal town read Ephi for seemingly very little reasoning... but he almost never speaks to her. All game. There's the post above where he quotes her and has some concerns. What else is there you might ask? Well..

"forcefully check" = lynch

I will mentally correct that to remove that note, because I'm not allowed to actually do it :p

This is literally the only interaction I could find between them in the entire fucking game lol

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Royal and HP have a weird dynamic here where they both have a lot of the same opinions, but also scum read each other. I'm really struggling with this. It feels like a weird dynamic to have, I know town HP looks for connections, interactions, but he doesn't re-evaluate that his top scum read is posting a lot of similar thoughts? It almost feels stubborn, like he wants to be seen as scum reading Royal while more heavily pushing LP. Look at the difference in his arguments - LP he gives a detailed breakdown, whereas Royal it's just "idk he's not around".

They weren't the only ones to not believe my claim. Anex didn't either: he even voted for me on D4 after Royal did. The timing of my claim, combined with Blarg dying instead of HP and the no kill night led to a lot of wild speculation.

Honestly this still feels like LP is the answer. He is effusive with his info, finally claims 15 minutes til day end and pushes a vote for HP despite openly acknowledging he actually believes HP has another shot:
And this vote made HP the leading wagon in second place (3 vs 2). It's no different than the times I've been on scum teams and Bae or Faddy fake claimed doc because you either force a counter claim of one of the most dangerous roles or you pull it off and then you spend every day you live going "they must be blocking me to make me look suspicious!"

I won't lie though, the missing NK is fucking with my head hard here. Really wish it was revealed if that BP was popped, because if it isn't then I feel like I might just be wrong and this is all about to be a shit show

I mean even you were on me.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
After looking back over things I have like 3-4 posts to try and make before day end. First up.

HPSauce Why did LP completely disappear as one of your scum reads? You talk about it quite a bit early on after the no kill night, but once Anex claims you don't give a reads list again until the next phase and suddenly LP is just not someone you're interested in?
I came to terms with the fact that regardless of my thoughts on his play he was pretty the doctor. I may be mental but I'm not voting out a doctor mental.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
This is a big one. HPSauce is gonna appreciate this (unless..)

Early on, back on D1 we get a gut read from Royal. He says Ephi feels town. Okay, sure.

Jump forward to Day 2, now Royal is a little concerned. He pokes at Ephidel some, feeling like she feels responsible for the Launch wagon. I can't wait to see how he follows it up!

Oh wait. It's *checks notes* DAY FUCKING FOUR NOW?! Boy, Royal cared so little about that concern he made one post about it then never uttered Ephi's name again until I was in the game. That's how much time has passed. And just like that...back to a town read, one that he can't really explain. He isn't even sure what she's posted!

Again, Ephi listed higher in the reads list - he gets questioned about this:

Oh now he's had a good feeling there the whole game. Interesting, because he's barely talked to her, about her, and in fact, the only time I could find that he directly spoke to her it was to voice concerns he had and completely dropped later on. That's.. something. Surely he'll go into more detail later though.

More wishy washy reasons, just sort of.. town reads her because. And you're sitting here saying "Nat, but why did you mention HP at the top" well that's because, not only does Royal town read Ephi for seemingly very little reasoning... but he almost never speaks to her. All game. There's the post above where he quotes her and has some concerns. What else is there you might ask? Well..

This is literally the only interaction I could find between them in the entire fucking game lol
Oh shit really?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
They weren't the only ones to not believe my claim. Anex didn't either: he even voted for me on D4 after Royal did. The timing of my claim, combined with Blarg dying instead of HP and the no kill night led to a lot of wild speculation.

I mean even you were on me.
The difference is I wasn't on you, while saying my highest scum read was HP or Royal and voting them despite all of us agreeing on the concern around you. It's that specific dichotomy that is the head scratcher, but brings us to..

HPsauce. I have to be honest, at this point I admit to Rando up in the great beyond that I fucked this up. I think HPsauce is in fact, the other scum alongside Ephidel. Fate questioned me about this a bit ago - why bus Royal over HPsauce then? Well...they didn't.

I won't be around for EOD. (I promise, that's not just to trigger Fate)

There's literally nothing he could say to me right now that would make me sure he's Town. HP being Scum would convince me, though (which is where I'm voting btw).

What else do I want to talk about? Well, for one how Fate by behavior is easily the scummiest player right now (except for the defeatism of HP). Or about those midfield-players, because assuming there are more than 2 Scum left, there is Scum in there... but I'm too lazy to reread them properly right now, so meh.

Circumstances of claiming. Zipped had no reason to fake claim that bodyguard and he was hinting at the role all game. Malus played a round of poker with our cop, the target absolutely makes sense if he can give out a vest.

Because I think that flipping HP is more beneficial for Town.

Royal pushes hard for HP. He had been for awhile. Despite them aligning on all these other reads the two of them don't back off of this despite what in other situations would have people going 'whoa mind meld'.

I don't have a problem with claiming right now, but am I really in danger of being voted out today? If I do, I'd have to do it in the next 15 minutes, then I'm away
And before Royal leaves he genuinely doesn't think he actually has much chance of being the vote. Why? Why is Royal so confident? Because he knows already what wagon scum is pushing. HP.

Why am I even bothering making posts? If HP flips Scum, L_P is almost assuredly Town. In a world where we're pretty far into POE, this is super important.

Yeah, I knew that was coming.
I'd feel a bit cheap doing so but at the moment I'd probably go HP. Might depend if my vote is actually needed.

You've been down on Royal for a while.
Sell me on him.
Even Ephi, despite earlier in the phase being all hum ho on HP is ready to go, and the moment Royal slips in the lead..

Everyone loves ties near EOD right?
It was always meant to be a frame job. Scum pile on HP, HP dies but his teammates look good, and with that they hopefully have a chance to win.

BECAUSE YOU WONT TURBO ME GOD DAMN
I know it's hard to believe but I genuinely want out of the game
HP wanted to die. Scum went into the phase prepared to bus HP in order to buy them more cred and time. He was always meant to die there, not Royal. The only scum vote on Royal in my opinion?

I'm going to be at the football and unable to post until at least 2 hours or so before EoD. I'm not going to be able to fight against a vote on me so if that's what people want to go for then feel free.

If I am still alive tomorrow I'll do what I can to help. I know I've been letting town down so far this game and I'd like to try to do something of value but that's out of my hands now.

I'm going to stand by what I said the other day. Royal hasn't done enough to convince me he's town. I can't help but feel like he's trying to keep his posting to a bare minimum to avoid attention.

Vote:Royal_Flush[/highlight
HP himself, to create additional separation and to not make it look too suspicious (why would scum HP not vote for his counterwagon? etc.). This is why we had trouble explaining the bus on Royal. "Why bus Royal over HP if they're both scum? It doesn't make sense." - Myself, like a dumb asshole, probably a dozen times earlier in the game. They DIDN'T bus Royal, but regardless town pushed Royal out the door and it majestically blew up their plan.

That's where I'm at at this point. Ephi and Royal fucking never interact. Royal just gives her a magical town pass for no reason without ever really talking to her (here at least..). HP and Royal mindmeld but for some reason hate each other and Royal firmly wants HP out and never waivers. Meanwhile Fate and Royal were at each other's throats. That shit is not easy to fake, and I reallllly don't think it was fake this time. That's the answer. I don't even mind dying today if it gets us there, but please heavily consider my arguments if you go me first.

I've done what I can though.

VOTE: Ephidel

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yes im in chat complenting whats going on
Nat/Vere voting together, can they be a power duo? i tried looking at the jman-amb connection and found nothing
RL who flipped town, scumread them and so does ephidel

the points made against ephidel in terms of their interaction draws some thought
was it just royal not interacting with thread and having a safe town read on ephi or was royal trying to avoid interacing with ephidel
the other point is if its a hp/ephidel scum team, what connections do those two have

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I removed Ephi and added HP to the first list.

These look...fairly similar? Malus and me at the top, Nat, Vere, and HP at the bottom.

I don't have an answer for you.
I genuinely don't know.

My read list was essentially formed in reverse, being wrong about you will make me feel a bit bad, but it will not erase how I feel about other people.

It would make me look back through Vere to see if I am just omgusing at him because I'm pissed off he keeps "bullshit"ing at me, but then I'll do that if you flip scum too.

I can see a world where it makes me wonder a bit more about Random deciding to back me up against you so heavily, depending on how he reacts afterwards. I can see a world where I spend some time trying to work out if Fate/Random is a viable team.

But today I'm not there, and with the way today looks so far tomorrow is unlikely to be my problem.

Clearly we're in achoots.
We sat there in scum chat and went "You know people are already digging at us for posting the same shit, I bet noone will notice if we both post the same read list"
kinda closed my tab of ephidel <-> HP posts
this is one
had similar readlists and ephidel answers it
Is a scum team of ephidel/HP/Royal/Blarg possible?

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm contemplating.

I want to vote Nat or Vere, and obviously Nat is the one that's an option at this point. I could push that to two votes so we're tied. Someone else will probably vote for me at that point, but eh.

But HP is the other person on Nat and I still, still, still don't know where I stand on him.

The other alternative, of course, is presumably trying to vote out HP but then at this point I guess I'm selling that vote... to Nat? Which is the same damn situation but worse?

Sod it.

Vote: Natiko

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ephidel's vote on HP D1 came at the same time as HP's double vote
jman voted HP late, so i would think its safe to say Nat and HP are not scum-scum
But HP is the other person on Nat and I still, still, still don't know where I stand on him.
why do you think HP is scum with nat? i mean if you think nat is scum, then HP has to be a different alignment?

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nat vs Ephidel

malus, I and LP are the only ones not voting between those two

Nat's progression in the game felt natural, but i suppose that could be faked
not sure how much i like the implication that the scum pairing left is ephidel and HP
on the othe rhand, both of them are voting for nat

the Vere/Nat connection is just getting insane now as well
A scum team of nat/vere/royal/blarg? so day 1 it was amb/jman/royal/blarg
amb-jman never really interacted and so did the other two (they really didnt interact)

this is tough
I believed amb was town when they were playing and thought the way they claimed and left was something they would do as town

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
That is a compelling case. But if the wagons were SvS, that means that scum full stacked on scum!HP. I don't think they risk that with PoE closing.

And then there's the two shot double vote. Yes we've seen flipped scum with town powers, but double vote is public and verifiable to a degree. And in a game that's not that big, an extra vote is pretty swingy.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That is a compelling case. But if the wagons were SvS, that means that scum full stacked on scum!HP. I don't think they risk that with PoE closing.

And then there's the two shot double vote. Yes we've seen flipped scum with town powers, but double vote is public and verifiable to a degree. And in a game that's not that big, an extra vote is pretty swingy.
HP himself, to create additional separation and to not make it look too suspicious (why would scum HP not vote for his counterwagon? etc.). This is why we had trouble explaining the bus on Royal. "Why bus Royal over HP if they're both scum? It doesn't make sense." - Myself, like a dumb asshole, probably a dozen times earlier in the game. They DIDN'T bus Royal, but regardless town pushed Royal out the door and it majestically blew up their plan.
do you think that scum didnt bus royal, and the voting block on royal was 100% town?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

I think they do it explicitly because the POE is closing. Just think about if I'm right, HP is out and Royal gets to say he vocally pushed for it. Ephi teams with Rando to push me out the door, then when I flip Miller go "oops, must be Vere instead then". It probably would've worked too.

I agree, double votes are traditionally town but we have seen them on scum before in our community. They also get disabled in mylo/lylo anyways in most cases.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Nat vs Ephidel

malus, I and LP are the only ones not voting between those two

Nat's progression in the game felt natural, but i suppose that could be faked
not sure how much i like the implication that the scum pairing left is ephidel and HP
on the othe rhand, both of them are voting for nat

the Vere/Nat connection is just getting insane now as well
A scum team of nat/vere/royal/blarg? so day 1 it was amb/jman/royal/blarg
amb-jman never really interacted and so did the other two (they really didnt interact)

this is tough
I believed amb was town when they were playing and thought the way they claimed and left was something they would do as town
One of the few interactions Blarg had was wishing Amb goodbye with an "honor to your house" gif in a game where we might just have another scum Klingon. There's my really stupid thing to lay forth at EOD if I go out, one last closing bit of paranoia based on a gif
ephidel's vote on HP D1 came at the same time as HP's double vote
jman voted HP late, so i would think its safe to say Nat and HP are not scum-scum

why do you think HP is scum with nat? i mean if you think nat is scum, then HP has to be a different alignment?
Ultimately I am choosing to agree with you that they are not aligned.
do you think that scum didnt bus royal, and the voting block on royal was 100% town?
I think this is a physical impossibility unless you think the last two scum are me and Malus?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
im p sure HP made a comment on this, not going to search for it now

malus
between ephidel and nat, who would you shoot

at the back of mine the words of RL just ring, what if ephi is town and the ones playing us is vere/nat
If I'm wrong here you can turbo me tomorrow and I'll just be that meme of the guy putting on clown makeup.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
YDjKz5E.png

9hoz1Ql.png

VbDYU8m.png

aEvVnXt.png

BWqaY69.png

tL8YRmU.png

Maybe someone better than me can do something with these tomorrow.

Day 7 End
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ephidel has died!

frBV4fL.gif

Welcome to Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia!

You are Guinan, the Clairvoyant, and are aligned with the Federation (Town).

As the bartender aboard the Enterprise, and someone with mysteriously unnatural powers of perception, you tend to know a lot of things that others don't.

Each night, you may submit one of the following questions as your command and receive the answer the next day.

Your questions are:
Is there a third party in the game?
Are there any misdirection abilities?
Is there more than one Mafia faction?
Are there any Recruit abilities?
Are there any Gossip chats?

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...ficer-is-to-the-truth-except-in-mafia.488278/

You will win the game when all threats to the Federation have been eliminated.

NIGHT 7 BEGINS

Night actions are due 2 hours before day start.

Day 8 will begin in:
kweg6i6hjg

Day 8 Start
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Verelios has died!

LQTD66O.gif

Welcome to Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia!

You are Counselor Deanna Troi, the Empath, and are aligned with the Federation (Town).

As a half-Betazoid, you have an extra advantage being the ship's counselor as you are able to use your empathic abilities to sense how your target is truly feeling.

Each night, you can submit the command Sense: Player Name and receive a result about your target's current emotional state.

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...ficer-is-to-the-truth-except-in-mafia.488278/

You will win the game when all threats to the Federation have been eliminated.

DAY 8 BEGINS

Vote Tool:

Majority is 3

Day 8 will end in:

zgdwmktd7o

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I don't see HP being Scum here.

Also a LP / Nat team is imo impossible, so the only constant we have is Fate.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even going to bother. I assume at this point it's HP and Fate, but basically everyone in the game is going to say it's me so let's go ahead and turbo me and call it a game.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Is everyone around? We can just vote and blast through the next night and F3, and enjoy the rest of our weekend.

Like, I'm sorry if we lose, but I've spent a lot of time in this game and I'm tired.