Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm still walking to work but I managed to catch up during my walk. I see I have some suspicion on me (and only 1 vote huh) so I'll have to spend some time defending myself. I am disappointed and a little offended in the players that are suggesting I lied yesterday about IRL stuff. (saenima and CaptainNuevo mostly). I have a job, some of you know I have been extra busy these past weeks and I don't have the time some of you do. Don't crucify me for that reason.

Feel free to defenestrate me for behavior reasons, the "fishing" for Zeke's partner or my vote that I kept on Ynnek, but please don't do it for activity =/

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, thanks for the well wishes. I'm feeling a bit better and am waiting on test results so I'll take the time to catch up

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
If FEP is scum, why risk antagonizing people by obsessing so much over Zeke?

Is there some PR shenanigans in play here? A N0 peek at alignment, perhaps? Is that even a thing?

I still feel that the neighbors' alignments are town/scum and I'm not entirely convinced that Zeke isn't scum.

No vote for now.
Not liking how you are framing this. FEP arguing with me shouldn't get him town points.
1. I really don't mind getting in arguments, fep and others now this.
2. He could still be scum and just tried to use 1. Makes him look like he is doing something when he actually isn't.

Me and brazil did the same thing in kingdom hearts. He as scum nitpicked with me going back and forth day 1.

So arguing with me should be nai at best.

Only FEP is trying to make me vs him a thing again today.
————-
You saying it is likely scum in the neighbors. This is why I said you were waiting for a wagon to form on me yesterday b4 you voted me. You said the same thing yesterday and I wasn't going to reveal my partner, so that only leaves you voting me.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Ynnek7

I'd like to have a chat with you, Ynnek.

I feel like you've got some stray thoughts here and there on different players, but if you could, I want to see some more concrete reads on players here.

Maybe give me your top two Town and top two Scum picks so far? With a bit of reasoning attached?

It just helps me to get in to people's heads a bit, see where they're coming from, maybe they see something I don't, maybe they're actually Scum and are just faking things. Hard for me to get a read when they aren't coming forward on their own and sharing thoughts like that very often.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
WhySoDevious
Why does it seem like you want fep vs zeke to be a thing?

You reread the start of today and that is the only thing you really commented on other than the neighbors thing.

You made a comment to FEP that could be seen as trying to add fuel to that fire.

Why not ask fep about his other reads that would probably help solve the game?

Why no comments about my post on VA?

How do you feel about VA's responses?

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'd like to see everyone's reads of kopite.
Nonexistent to bad. He came in here today with a plea to Zeke and FEP to look past their discussion which seemed a bit naive to me but maybe I'm a bit cynical today. After that he's had 4 more posts from what the tool tells me but honestly I don't remember what they're about. I would definitely appreciate if they posted more today.

I'll start replying to stuff now and then present my current reads.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Ynnek7

I'd like to have a chat with you, Ynnek.

I feel like you've got some stray thoughts here and there on different players, but if you could, I want to see some more concrete reads on players here.

Maybe give me your top two Town and top two Scum picks so far? With a bit of reasoning attached?

It just helps me to get in to people's heads a bit, see where they're coming from, maybe they see something I don't, maybe they're actually Scum and are just faking things. Hard for me to get a read when they aren't coming forward on their own and sharing thoughts like that very often.

Just got into work, so a full reads list will have to wait until tonight. My evening is clear, though (no Critical Role :-( ), so I shouldn't have any trouble getting one done.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
WhySoDevious
Why does it seem like you want fep vs zeke to be a thing?
I'm not trying to make it a thing as much as you and FEP have been doing.

That big post about you and FEP was just my impressions and thoughts about the situation. I was absent for most of yesterday when a lot of the discussion happened, so I just wanted to chime in.

But you were quick to jump on me for bringing it up.

I wasn't waiting for a train to form on you to change my vote to you,. I was reading you as town-ish.

But not today, man. Today you've been very scum-ish.

And I'll tell you my thoughts on VA when I've read his posts again. But funny that this is the second time that you're directing people to look at VA instead of you.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
What you're doing is trying to egg me on, dude. I've moved on but you just keep going with these potshots. Keep at it if you want, but I'm not biting
Yes, continue to play the victim.
*shrug*

I thought you weren't directly responding to me? Please continue to do so. Because w/e your problem is with me, it's obvious you haven't gotten over it. And that's not gonna help me solve.

*truffleshuffle*

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Aeleus what's up?

You've been a bit quiet here so far today I feel like. What are your thoughts here today? Who's looking scummy? Read list?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still walking to work but I managed to catch up during my walk. I see I have some suspicion on me (and only 1 vote huh) so I'll have to spend some time defending myself. I am disappointed and a little offended in the players that are suggesting I lied yesterday about IRL stuff. (saenima and CaptainNuevo mostly). I have a job, some of you know I have been extra busy these past weeks and I don't have the time some of you do. Don't crucify me for that reason.

Feel free to defenestrate me for behavior reasons, the "fishing" for Zeke's partner or my vote that I kept on Ynnek, but please don't do it for activity =/

Come on Fire i'm not calling you a liar. I was trying to be funny and apparently terrible at that :( i'm sorry for being an ass.

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, continue to play the victim.
*shrug*

I thought you weren't directly responding to me? Please continue to do so. Because w/e your problem is with me, it's obvious you haven't gotten over it. And that's not gonna help me solve.

*truffleshuffle*
Nah, I don't mind answering you. Just not going to be baited into another fight.
I'm not trying to make it a thing as much as you and FEP have been doing
Right?

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Inlined above.
Fireblend- Lacks dedication to the game, is off playing baba is you claiming that's "less mentally taxing". that sounds like a lie to me. Wary as always, but will produce updated read once he actually reacts to yesterday's events and engages today.
This method of replying to others' posts makes it very difficult for me to quote your reads. Anyway, accusing someone of lying about IRL is bad form and it smells like desperation to dig up something to me. I know this isn't so much a read or all that negative, but it really pisses me off when people suggest someone is lying about their IRL situation.
Like I said yesterday, I don't think scum were particularly bothered by any result yesterday. They could be stacked, they could be spread, it doesn't matter. I suspect their votes came in earlier rather than later.

Fireblend, Z-beat, Zeke.
That is a fine thing to believe and it might as well be true, there could be scum in Z-Beat or Zeke, but I also feel like there's a general undercurrent of my vote not being well substantiated or justified that I've seen go around and I'd like to address that here. This is the post I based my vote on. I'd like to get some honest, friend-to-friend feedback from people on how my vote is unusually bad, specially on D1. The reason I stayed on Ynnek is because I scumread them the most out of every other player due to their weak reads. I don't know why sticking to my guns and not scrambling at EoD is a reason to be suspicious of me.

My biggest suspect now in Fireblend. He questioned Zeke, Zeke and you both clapped back at him and he noped right out. Being afraid to follow your reads is a scum tell for me. Looks like he's trying to look busy without rocking the boat.
Here's 3 reasons I stopped this line of questioning:
1. I never intended to fish for their partner, what I wanted to determine was if the claim had been coordinated or if Zeke had gotten the jump on their partner.
2. You were on him already. I don't think adding even more noise to that conversation given how obstinate Zeke was in his position. And I think that was the right call, I ended up making up my mind about Ynnek, Zipped and others instead of tunneling blindly and continue blowing at the brick house.
3. I had no read to follow as a result of Zeke's stubbornness. I told you yesterday my intentions were different than yours, and I stand by that, I think you never really got what my intentions were.

And i'm getting worried about my sensei Fireblend. He's either sneaky sneaky scum or life is beating him hard. Be well and come back to us with some of them good old reads.
I made 60+ posts last phase. This one has been active for 16 hours, 8 of which I slept through. Please read through them, count the ones that are not game related and go on about how I'm sneaky scum.

Correct.I don't believe for a MINUTE that he is confused on time, or lost. He shows up and states well reasoned facts just long enough to shut me up and then vaporizes..
Can you clarify what you mean by "confused on time, or lost"? I'm not sure what you don't believe for a minute about me :P
Also, I'm not posting "to shut you up", that's a weird way to make my posts about you somehow. God knows I've missed your tunneling me for entire day phases, but I'm not a fan of this one :P

Reads next.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
EzekelRAGE and flatearthpandas any reads besides each other and VA?
Did you just completely miss the huge post that FEPs made with his reads?
I thought Melon was probably town in GOT and voted her on policy. And would do it again. Remember I was town as well. I don't believe in bad players, really. Bad play means you are scum intentionally throwing a wrench into the town process, afaic. Hence my vote on Zeke. My opinion is that claim yesterday was intentionally ill-meaned to distract us from doing anything meaningful.

We absolutely should be working together if we're all town then. To that end, I've looked at the votes but it's a sad situation. I felt both the other trains were very random yesterday. I know they weren't created to save me, but people could be forgiven for thinking otherwise. If I was anyone else, I would be mad suspect of Ynnek. But I'm me, I know he wasn't trying to save me. Like I said yesterday, I don't think scum were particularly bothered by any result yesterday. They could be stacked, they could be spread, it doesn't matter. I suspect their votes came in earlier rather than later.

Fireblend, Z-beat, Zeke.

I like L_P this game, I feel like he's working through all content. Wee, mixed. I think she is getting con looks for bad reasons but I don't have strong town feelings either. Aeleus and Saenima I keep getting mixed in my head. That ae I guess. Saenima I like overall though while Aeleus is more of a null. Fan, you seem conflicted. I townread that. Kopite is null. Captain, I don't know. If I can throw out a "sel-important" read, it would go there. Similar to Zeke, his play yesterday was "how are people reacting to ME?" I joked that I was trying to buy his favor because I thought in the middle of his antics he was thinking clearly, but he bought that. Overall, would go town there I guess, but weakly. I railed at him yesterday but I tend to swing hard on vets when "bad" plays are enacted because I feel like they also see what's happening and are passively allowing it. Truth is, most of us just don't know what's going on and we all suspect each other.

My biggest suspect now in Fireblend. He questioned Zeke, Zeke and you both clapped back at him and he noped right out. Being afraid to follow your reads is a scum tell for me. Looks like he's trying to look busy without rocking the boat.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to get some honest, friend-to-friend feedback from people on how my vote is unusually bad, specially on D1. The reason I stayed on Ynnek is because I scumread them the most out of every other player due to their weak reads. I don't know why sticking to my guns and not scrambling at EoD is a reason to be suspicious of me.
I don't particularly scum read any of the votes themselves. Just as i said, parking early is not a great look imo. Would expect at least one scum in those.

If i can respond to your actual vote on ynnek, it would be that you accuse him if being safe with answers and i can see your logic. But what do you think about him giving 5 reads instead of the requested 3?

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
My main scumreads right now are Ynnek and Saenima.

Ynnek because:
1. The post I already linked back to that maybe people didn't read?
2. Nothing they've done since has made me reevaluate my views.

Saenima because:
1. I already mentioned it yesterday but some of their posts are really weird "concern" posts without really committing. Here:
Uh oh. Why would you do this? *side eyes.
Is it just me or is fep just making a lot of noise out of nothing?
Same energy. He comes in, suggests some concern, and then moves on. It feels like he's crossing items out of a checklist.
2. Their vote behavior. Their EoD is all over the place, voting in a way that makes it seem like other players were literally forcing his hand and typing out the votes for him instead of actually committing to a scumread:
I can see that. Not feeling either fep or zeke for today. Why Ynnek?
Click on the quotes for context for those last two :P

3. This post given the way the votes ended:
There's a lot of silence. Which tells me scum is ok with zipped going today

In his own words:
Well tbh if we're wrong we could do worse than zipped or ynnek. Both were low on my list of useful town play.
This seems a bit weak as far as voting reasons go.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Let me get my vote off of Wee for now.

UNVOTE

Most of d2 talk has centered once again on FEP vs Zeke. I don't see this stopping any time soon. If neither is voted out today, I bet we'll still be hearing about it tomorrow.

If both were town, why not move off of that discussion?

If FEP is scum, why risk antagonizing people by obsessing so much over Zeke?

Is there some PR shenanigans in play here? A N0 peek at alignment, perhaps? Is that even a thing?

I still feel that the neighbors' alignments are town/scum and I'm not entirely convinced that Zeke isn't scum.

No vote for now.
1.I'm not trying to make it a thing as much as you and FEP.
But you were quick to jump on me for bringing it up.

2. I wasn't waiting for a train to form on you to change my vote to you,. I was reading you as town-ish.

3. But not today, man. Today you've been very scum-ish.

4. And I'll tell you my thoughts on VA when I've read his posts again. But funny that this is the second time that you're directing people to look at VA instead of you.
1. I will breakdown how I saw your big post. And why I saw it as bait for fep vs me.

2. You were townreading me, but you told weems that you were "unsure" whether you would vote me or not. If you truly townread me, you shouldn't want to vote me

3. Make your case. I don't mind going back and forth. That should be obvious from last day phase.

4. I have never told ppl not to look at me. I told saen to worry more about my read on VA instead of what I thought of fanto in private chat. I told you to look at VA since you didn't mention it in your post, but mentioned me vs fep.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Aeleus what's up?

You've been a bit quiet here so far today I feel like. What are your thoughts here today? Who's looking scummy? Read list?
Busy day, will probably have computer access within a couple hours, so expect a readslist around then. Still don't like Kopite and Captain, didn't enjoy the flip flopping from Vincent but they're not my preferred target, watching FEP.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
This method of replying to others' posts makes it very difficult for me to quote your reads. Anyway, accusing someone of lying about IRL is bad form and it smells like desperation to dig up something to me. I know this isn't so much a read or all that negative, but it really pisses me off when people suggest someone is lying about their IRL situation.

Going through posts this morning and wanted to address this first since it's apparently way worse than I intended. Bad wording on my part but I was attempting (and apparently failing) to make a joke about the fact someone said Baba is You is less mentally taxing than mafia, given its reputation for being a difficult game with a lot of out of the box thinking required. Looking now I can see how it can easily come across the other way, and I apologize for that but would like to clarify I didn't, and do not, disbelieve anyone's claims about having IRL priorities and commitments (lord knows I have enough). I think the fact I said I wanted to wait for you to have a chance to react and engage in the game should be prof that I'm not discounting you and recognize you have other things to say.

That whole post is actually kinda a mess in retrospect. Was dealing with a lot of stressful work issues with bugs yesterday and got kinda mad at the tone of weemadarthur's questioning which caused me to be more sarcastic and difficult than normal. I apologize.

Oct 26, 2017
Fireblend: Not reading scum. I found his line of questioning to Zeke yesterday perfectly reasonable, and don't see him as noping out the moment he got clapped back on. There was a decent amount of back-and-forth, and Fireblend's reasoning for caring so much about the neighbor angle matched my own:

My reason for asking the question was, I wanted to play along and ask a question that would ground the claim in the game and maybe put Zeke on the spot if it was a fake-claim.
This follows my same reasoning. It's the same move I would make as town.

Nothing seemed odd about Fireblend finally leaving it alone.

EzekelRage: we've posted a billion things about Zeke. Do I have to say more? Still town. If you're an alien though, fuck you and your mothership. And hats off to you.

flatearthpandas: My biggest indication for scum in my only other game was when I saw players being overly defensive/aggressive. Panda hit my list yesterday because of this very thing, but I can also understand the frustration. It's hard for me to tell what is aggravation on Panda's part at some of the responses he was getting, and what is aggravation at possibly having been picked out as scum.

weemadarthur: No solid read. Decent amount of inquisitive posts, not a lot of answers. Still pondering:

Reading my role and zipped's role makes me believe this is themed around cooperation and that all action-results will be needed to piece together the stuff, rather than there being any particular single item that will be unequivocally helpful.

So please crumb those results, townfolk, while I'm saying we should mass claim, we'll need to look over your posts posthumously to see what you got when you were quick.

Busy day, will probably have computer access within a couple hours, so expect a readslist around then. Still don't like Kopite and Captain, didn't enjoy the flip flopping from Vincent but they're not my preferred target, watching FEP.
If it helps, I didn't enjoy my flip-flopping either. But I've seen people called out for flip-flopping (me) and others called out for not flip-flopping. Someone make up their mind already! Unless I messed up my math, I'm just going to re-iterate that at the time of my vote, I had a choice between making a tie, or getting someone lynched. Things may have played out differently if I voted earlier on different people, but...that's true of everyone.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
1.Most of d2 talk has centered once again on FEP vs Zeke. I don't see this stopping any time soon. If neither is voted out today, I bet we'll still be hearing about it tomorrow.

2.If both were town, why not move off of that discussion?

3. If FEP is scum, why risk antagonizing people by obsessing so much over Zeke?

4.I still feel that the neighbors' alignments are town/scum and I'm not entirely convinced that Zeke isn't scum.
1. Implying that this will be an ongoing thing if neither of us are voted out today. At this point we had stopped directly talking to each other and fep was being asked questions about reads etc from others.

2. Says one of us has to be scum. Again we both (and others) realize the noise it created and for the most part left it alone.

3. We both have been going back and forth, but only fep gets town cred for tunneling me? Why do I get scumread for him wrongly focusing on me?

4. No evidence other than game designer wifom. Why wouldn't fanto be the scum? Why couldn't it just be two town?

Wsd is very subtle, but to me it's obvious they want the noise of fep vs rage and would like to see me lynched.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fireblend

1. Typing out my thoughts to see what other people think of them is not 'suggesting concern'. It's playing the game. Some thoughts are more elaborate, with reads and deduction, some are spur of the moment things that pop into my head. You're looking at the latter.

2. You're gonna have to explain what is this important context you're seeing here because idk what your point is. You talk about my vote behaviour but two of these posts have nothing to do with it. I voted on zipped after these two posts, which are not even about zipped. You chose to ignore my reasoning when looking up my posts. Here:

Fuck it.

Vote: Zippedpinhead

Between the 4 names floated this is the one i'm more comfortable going for right now. I really don't like his and Fanto's votes on Ynnek. And his game was iffy well before that.

The 'fuck me' post is my realization that we're killing town, after which comes bargaining btw:

Well tbh if we're wrong we could do worse than zipped or ynnek. Both were low on my list of useful town play.

3. Half of this i addressed on point 2, but can you tell me why is that post i directed at Devious even there? I don't follow. You don't seem to have a point or read with any of this, you're just throwing random posts at me.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I kinda like VA.
1. I will breakdown how I saw your big post. And why I saw it as bait for fep vs me.

2. You were townreading me, but you told weems that you were "unsure" whether you would vote me or not. If you truly townread me, you shouldn't want to vote me

3. Make your case. I don't mind going back and forth. That should be obvious from last day phase.

4. I have never told ppl not to look at me. I told saen to worry more about my read on VA instead of what I thought of fanto in private chat. I told you to look at VA since you didn't mention it in your post, but mentioned me vs fep.
I said back then that you looked "town-ish". And I still think that town/scum for neighbors is a possibility, so when I said was unsure if I would vote for you. I was taking into consideration that you could be the scum part of the neighbors.

And I don't like your assessment of VA as much as I don't like the giant wall of text that you had ready to go on D2.

I think VA asked a good question: why not talk to your neighbor first about claiming your roles? Why not coordinate that? Town should want to work together.

This is VA's second game (though I'm not sure if he's played it elsewhere on another forum) and he's a far better newbie than I was in the GTA game.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Nonexistent to bad. He came in here today with a plea to Zeke and FEP to look past their discussion which seemed a bit naive to me but maybe I'm a bit cynical today. After that he's had 4 more posts from what the tool tells me but honestly I don't remember what they're about. I would definitely appreciate if they posted more today.

I'll start replying to stuff now and then present my current reads.
Kinell, talk about hyprocritical. Nonexistent to bad? What exactly have you accomplished this phase then other than talking about people being unsportinglike.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
1. Implying that this will be an ongoing thing if neither of us are voted out today. At this point we had stopped directly talking to each other and fep was being asked questions about reads etc from others.

2. Says one of us has to be scum. Again we both (and others) realize the noise it created and for the most part left it alone.

3. We both have been going back and forth, but only fep gets town cred for tunneling me? Why do I get scumread for him wrongly focusing on me?

4. No evidence other than game designer wifom. Why wouldn't fanto be the scum? Why couldn't it just be two town?

Wsd is very subtle, but to me it's obvious they want the noise of fep vs rage and would like to see me lynched.
Dude, I already explained it when you first quoted this post... that post was me chiming in on the situation after not posting for most of the start of D2.

I had no intention of making it a thing as much as you have made it.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
1) Best of luck z-beat, hope you're ok.

2) So some folk (Saenima) asked me about my thoughts towards Zeke and Fantomas. I did want a bit more info on them to judge things, and I got an initial answer to it, and it's morning now so I'm awake.

I would say roughly the same.
Good morning, just catching up here.

Activity wise compared to the game thread? Maybe a bit less active than he is in here during the day, but plenty active at night.

That's... really surprising to hear given that Zeke is by far the most active player in the thread. The way I see it, neither of them are openly suspicious of the other, despite the claimed high amount of activity in their private threads. That makes me inclined to think they're likely shared-alignment for the time being, else I'd be shocked if they were both able to see twice as much content and as in this thread and not find something amiss yet.

Now as to their true alignment... it's either Operation Hydro Cannon redux, and an incredibly ballsy play by Scum to claim to both be neighbors, or the truth.

One thing I'm wary of is that they're both relatively active in their private chat, yet a lot of people have noticed Fantomas was following zeke's votes yesterday. Like... 3 or 4 people it seems caught on that. If both are so active, why isn't it the other way? That does seem a little forced to time like that.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Fireblend

1. Typing out my thoughts to see what other people think of them is not 'suggesting concern'. It's playing the game. Some thoughts are more elaborate, with reads and deduction, some are spur of the moment things that pop into my head. You're looking at the latter.
I'm saying there seem to be too many of the first. You don't follow through on any of these.

2. You're gonna have to explain what is this important context you're seeing here because idk what your point is. You talk about my vote behaviour but two of these posts have nothing to do with it. I voted on zipped after these two posts, which are not even about zipped.
What I'm saying is you're either very easily manipulated, or pretending to be very easily manipulated so you can later say "I didn't really mean those votes, I was swayed by the suggestion that we had been voting for town all along/others seemed to be onto something!" Again, it looks like you're not committing, more like following people.

The 'fuck me' post is my realization that we're killing town, after which comes bargaining btw:
Where's that realization?

3. Half of this i addressed on point 2, but can you tell me why is that post i directed at Devious even there? I don't follow. You don't seem to have a point or read with any of this, you're just throwing random posts at me.
This reads to me like you were bracing for Zipped's town flip, by preemptively saying how we could have done worse than lynching inactive town. How else should I interpret it? Am I reading a different post?