Oct 26, 2017
Question!

Is there a way to search by User AND only posts in this thread? It seems like I can only do one or the other....Just want to check.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'm wary of is that they're both relatively active in their private chat, yet a lot of people have noticed Fantomas was following zeke's votes yesterday. Like... 3 or 4 people it seems caught on that. If both are so active, why isn't it the other way? That does seem a little forced to time like that.
It's not so much that I was "following Zeke's votes" yesterday, but I guess I can see why people say that.

It's more that I was working under a similar angle to Zeke, in that we both knew that he was actually a Neighbor, and we were seeing somewhat aggressive attempts to gather more information about that. It definitely was shaping my D1 reads in a certain way.

I'm not sure what is supposed to be suspicious about this exactly now that I've claimed? Unless it's still on the angle that we're both Scum, then ok yeah, but I think my perspective makes sense?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
So on the chance I'm not town aligned, I'm alien?

Would alien be neutral or scum?

Why couldn't scum be human?

I just found the use of alien interesting.

In the original story it was a group of aliens causing all of the weird stuff to happen that turned the town against each other. If scum has a flavor, I'd bet it's aliens.

If there's a nutrual in play, I'd bet it's the damn kid who got everyone thinking about aliens in the first place!

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Now we only need verbose search results so we can get the entire post and not just the first x amount of characters.
Unfortunately this is a limitation that I can't code around without storing player posts, which is something I don't want to do due to privacy and consent concerns. Another annoying limitation is that searches are limited to 200 posts, so later in the game when people accumulate more posts it's impossible to even get them to show up in the results :(

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Saenima

What reads of yours are you at least 66% sure of?

I hate math :(

i'd say i'm fairly certain that weemad is town, like 80%. I'd put zeke maybe around the 67% sweet spot, just over that bend. On the other end of the spectrum, CaptainNuevo is probably around the 60-70% scum mark. We also have a lot of people with lower post counts and i could see most scum being there. It's why i'm having a hard time having better reads and also why i'm always in favor of defenestrating coasting players. I plan to back read all of those.

Fep could go strongly either way, if i tell myself he's town, a lot of his play makes sense from a frustrated perspective, if i choose to believe he's scum then his play kinda makes sense if he's going for the 'crazy no fucks given' approach. Idk where to fall on fep.

As for you, I liked some of your reads on day 1. But you are weirdly fixated on me since literally the start of the game, which at first i thought of as mentor ribbing, then just thought you were kinda tunnelling due to there not being much else to grab on to. But after that weak post you made on my eod, i'm thinking scum more and more. I was slightly leaning scummy, but i'd say you're well past 66% now. I kinda see intent now.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
1.And I don't like your assessment of VA as much as I don't like the giant wall of text that you had ready to go on D2.

2.I think VA asked a good question: why not talk to your neighbor first about claiming your roles? Why not coordinate that? Town should want to work together.

3.This is VA's second game (though I'm not sure if he's played it elsewhere on another forum) and he's a far better newbie than I was in the GTA game.
1. You don't like my pretyped.......ok. Idk why that's important. Do you want to go more in-depth on that?

2. I don't know fanto's alignment/motive so why would I ask them if I should claim.

3. Why do I care about VA's experience lvl?i never brought it up.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I've just had a read back through LPs posts that I intended, nothing that really stands out or is AI, but they had an early vote on Zipped (the earliest) which was then removed later. A bit of flopping between ynnek and Zipped, I assume this is because reasons to vote them were somewhat similar.

Between the Captain and WSD votes, both aren't great. Captain's looks like a "oh man I was IRL busy I better get in there and drop a vote" and WSD seemed very easily convinced from his previous "I dunno it seems like a vote on a guy acting scummy is too easy" post. Like he realized that it was the easy vote and that town would jump on.

When Z-Beat posted, we didn't get FEP vs. Zeke round 2 yet so it's a relatively early and organic vote. Fanto looked like he just went to break a tie and liked the FEP voters more than the Ynnek ones. Shows a lack of conviction IMO.
@ LP what do you fell about Cap's vote a day later? I actually looked back at the Cap post you said felt rushed and didn't get that vibe at all, I wonder if you aimed that at him because of his joking like play meant he wouldn't pull you up on it? A bit odd of you to criticise Fanto for possibly being split between FEPs/Ynnek when you seemed to do the same with Ynnek/Zipped

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fire, any town reads?

Saema, again, where are your reads?

Seems like i'm not the only missing posts fep.

I'm leaning town on zeke despite him trying his hardest to challenge that. I think he has been making some good points and his post on VA is enticing, but the way he's been handling the whole chat/partner thing is really fucking weird. I've debated voting him just for his refusal on giving us a read on Fantomas. I don't get what he's playing at there.

Fep's day yesterday reminded me a lot of Godfather's play on the Mansion. Extremely aggressive though less rude. GF got a vote from me due to that despite later flipping town, and i wanted to not do the same here. Honestly this whole zeke/fep thing reeks of townies hitting each other with albatrosses.

Fantomas is the more dubious of the partners to me. I reread him and can't really point down anything concrete. But i am a fan of his play usually and it just feels different here. My head is telling me to move on but my gut keeps revolving.

More in a bit.

Still leaning a bit scummy on Fireblend. Doesn't help he went for me right away but that's not the reason why. I feel like he's been very absent from the game, even when posting. This could be from irl stuff and i don't want to be an asshole but i expected a lot more from him. His zeke partner fishing also contributes to my views on him.

Weemadarthur is tunneling hard on me due to unreasonable expectations. Despite that, her play reads town to me. Though i've got burned on that once. She pokes and prods like a maniac and is pretty much leading the scum hunt. Can't really see that as scum play.

CaptainNuevo i kind of addressed earlier but i'll say it again. His posts are almost exclusively fluff. He has several posts today already and only one i think was anything of slight substance, a very anemic read list posted on request. I want this tree shaken for juicy fruit.

Bonus:

I hate math :(

i'd say i'm fairly certain that weemad is town, like 80%. I'd put zeke maybe around the 67% sweet spot, just over that bend. On the other end of the spectrum, CaptainNuevo is probably around the 60-70% scum mark. We also have a lot of people with lower post counts and i could see most scum being there. It's why i'm having a hard time having better reads and also why i'm always in favor of defenestrating coasting players. I plan to back read all of those.

Fep could go strongly either way, if i tell myself he's town, a lot of his play makes sense from a frustrated perspective, if i choose to believe he's scum then his play kinda makes sense if he's going for the 'crazy no fucks given' approach. Idk where to fall on fep.

As for you, I liked some of your reads on day 1. But you are weirdly fixated on me since literally the start of the game, which at first i thought of as mentor ribbing, then just thought you were kinda tunnelling due to there not being much else to grab on to. But after that weak post you made on my eod, i'm thinking scum more and more. I was slightly leaning scummy, but i'd say you're well past 66% now. I kinda see intent now.

More to come.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Fire, do you have town reads?
Fanto has been town in I think most games I've played with them and that may be coloring my view but I think they're town, and I tend to trust their reads. I think I am town obviously, and I think weemad is behaving like their townie selves as well. Other than that... maybe Aeleus, I mentioned I wanted to read through their posts yesterday after not paying much attention to them and unlike my reread through Zipped and Ynnek, I actually came out of that realizing they'd been talking way more than I thought and had been poking at the right places.

I'd like people to read my post on Saenima and tell me if Sae is right and I'm tunneling and onto a whole bunch of nothing.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I'm saying is you're either very easily manipulated, or pretending to be very easily manipulated so you can later say "I didn't really mean those votes, I was swayed by the suggestion that we had been voting for town all along/others seemed to be onto something!" Again, it looks like you're not committing, more like following people.

These posts you quoted were about fep and ynnek. How am i being manipulated or pretending to be if i voted for neither? I very clearly said i didn't want to vote for neither so i didn't. When zipped became a viable option, i clearly stated i was ok with it and then voted for zipped. You are trying to muddy something that is very simple.

Where's that realization?

In my head. At which point i typed 'fuck me'. So there, in the post you quoted is the answer you seek.

This reads to me like you were bracing for Zipped's town flip, by preemptively saying how we could have done worse than lynching inactive town. How else should I interpret it? Am I reading a different post?

Ofc i was bracing for zipped flipping town. It's the whole point of the post in the first place. It was 9 minutes before eod and i realized that we were almost assuredly killing town, though there was no other option that i read as scummy and i had my own problems with zipped's posting, as i had stated. What could i do there? Change votes for a worse option and risk a tie? Nah you're trying to bend reality to this nonsense omgus you're suffering from.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like people to read my post on Saenima and tell me if Sae is right and I'm tunneling and onto a whole bunch of nothing.
I don't like Saenima's near end of the day post where he essentially seems to believe Zipped is town but decided to go through with it because it may have lead to a tie. My impression of Sae from the last game is though that he tends to look up to a leader like figure and follow them, rightly or wrongly. The lack of such a figure this game leaves them a bit rudderless, and that's why I'm hesitant to put a vote on them yet, at least until I read back through all their posts.

Meanwhile Ynnek, who slipped out of being lynched the last day phase is continuing to coast along, with low engagement posts. The last game we played (and funnily enough Sae should remember this well) we let a similar player in Bronson coast along and by the end of the game turns out he was scum. Ynnek seems to be just parroting town and scum reads without attempting to do any game solving themselves.

VOTE: ynnek7.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
EzekelRage: we've posted a billion things about Zeke. Do I have to say more? Still town. If you're an alien though, fuck you and your mothership. And hats off to you.

So on the chance I'm not town aligned, I'm alien?

Would alien be neutral or scum?

Why couldn't scum be human?

I just found the use of alien interesting.

I also found VA's terminology here a little jarring. Oddly enough who is it that comes to the rescue almost immediately?

In the original story it was a group of aliens causing all of the weird stuff to happen that turned the town against each other. If scum has a flavor, I'd bet it's aliens.

If there's a nutrual in play, I'd bet it's the damn kid who got everyone thinking about aliens in the first place!
Another easy way for a scum Ynnek to pad their post count? Or scum coming to scum's aid?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I think you've made better points about Saenima than he has made about you.

Right now, I'd say that I've liked your posts since you got back so I'm not really feeling too bad about you.

Sae was on my suspect list coming in to today just working on the same angle from yesterday, and I'd made some notes about him while rereading yesterday as well. His reactions to Zeke and to you were both on my radar, looking back through my notes from neighbor chat last night. I also wasn't a fan of some of his reads yesterday, they seemed to not really say whether he was leaning town or scum on people, just kind of making observations.

Oct 26, 2017
I also found VA's terminology here a little jarring. Oddly enough who is it that comes to the rescue almost immediately?

Another easy way for a scum Ynnek to pad their post count? Or scum coming to scum's aid?
I won't lie I've uhh....never seen an episode of The Twilight Zone. Maybe bits of the one with a monster on a plane? But honestly, this single image on Day 1 is what made me think aliens:

77yWsQg.jpg

I mean, they're looking up at aliens/spaceships, right?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Found it strange as well, was a weird post. While exchange and even posts surrounding it were strange though. Fluff minute, so ended up not commenting
I'll admit, I took advantage of what seemed like a break in the mood to make some jokes, but I do agree that it turned into the "fluff minute" there for a bit.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like Saenima's near end of the day post where he essentially seems to believe Zipped is town but decided to go through with it because it may have lead to a tie. My impression of Sae from the last game is though that he tends to look up to a leader like figure and follow them, rightly or wrongly. The lack of such a figure this game leaves them a bit rudderless, and that's why I'm hesitant to put a vote on them yet, at least until I read back through all their posts.

Meanwhile Ynnek, who slipped out of being lynched the last day phase is continuing to coast along, with low engagement posts. The last game we played (and funnily enough Sae should remember this well) we let a similar player in Bronson coast along and by the end of the game turns out he was scum. Ynnek seems to be just parroting town and scum reads without attempting to do any game solving themselves.

VOTE: ynnek7.

I find no fault on this post from Kop's perspective. I was indeed completely trustful of Flux on 999. I was right in that he was town so give me some credit, but yeah he could have been scum. And Bronson coasted along to victory under my nose (and others').

Gonna take a look at Ynnek as well. I hope this newfound attention gives him the motivation to come around the neighbourhood more often.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Two votes already on Ynnek.

I think I'll put my vote here, as well.

I still think there's scum between FEP and Ynnek and the latter's posts have been mostly fluff, not a lot of substance.

So, let me put some pressure and we'll see where we are tomorrow.

VOTE: Ynnek7

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Yea, I've seen episode several times. Iirc aliens were conducting an experiment looking for reactions of humans. It could be argued some of the adults that let the paranoia get to them could be scum.
I won't lie I've uhh....never seen an episode of The Twilight Zone. Maybe bits of the one with a monster on a plane? But honestly, this single image on Day 1 is what made me think aliens:

77yWsQg.jpg

I mean, they're looking up at aliens/spaceships, right?
I don't really buy it 🧐

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Two votes already on Ynnek.

I think I'll put my vote here, as well.

I still think there's scum between FEP and Ynnek and the latter's posts have been mostly fluff, not a lot of substance.

So, let me put some pressure and we'll see where we are tomorrow.

VOTE: Ynnek7
I may have missed the ynnk post so nice I'm on mobile.

You said there is scum between me and fep.
You say there is scum between ynn and fep.

It seems like fep would give you the most answers?

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
The sudden train on Zipped to save either you or Ynnek.
The Ynnek one seems more suspicious with only the reasoning of:

Vote: Zippedpinhead

Taking my vote off of FEP since I wasn't happy about it to begin with.

Panda never moved his vote to Zipped or Ynnek to save his own life. If i were scum and votes were that close between all of us, I would've dove off of a lost cause like Zeke to save myself. Unless Panda was that confident that fellow scum could keep him safe, but...with so many votes down, it still seems too risky.

Oct 26, 2017
Just to be clear, I'm not saying Ynnek is scum. I'm simply stating that between those two, one action seems more questionable than the other.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Jesus, man.

Zero mention of you and you're jumping on me already?
At this point I expect a full wall of text on me at the start of d3.
You seem very defensive. I think I asked a legit question.

Between me and fep, you wanted to vote me.

You said there is scum between ynn and fep, you vote ynn.

I just don't remember you going to hard on a fep scum read.

You still didn't answer the question, just trying to attack me.

Oct 26, 2017
The Ynnek one seems more suspicious with only the reasoning of:

Panda never moved his vote to Zipped or Ynnek to save his own life. If i were scum and votes were that close between all of us, I would've dove off of a lost cause like Zeke to save myself. Unless Panda was that confident that fellow scum could keep him safe, but...with so many votes down, it still seems too risky.
Scum or town, self-preservation votes are natural and not really alignment indicative. In not doing it, I was trying to make a point in how bad I found all trains. To follow your guess, that would mean scum were free up to still swing the vote and I was openly projecting that I thought they would without somehow exposing all of us. I'll leave any further deeper digging there to you because obviously, whether I'm town or scum, I wouldn't find anything fruitful in that line of reasoning.