WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
You seem very defensive. I think I asked a legit question.

Between me and fep, you wanted to vote me.

You said there is scum between ynn and fep, you vote ynn.

I just don't remember you going to hard on a fep scum read.

You still didn't answer the question, just trying to attack me.
Between you and FEP... I voted for FEP on D1.

If you remember, one of the reasons for my vote was because of his tone... why would scum use that tone on D1? You mentioned that that was something scum had done in the past - it was a gambit. I agreed with you. I voted for FEP.

On D2, I'm getting a different read on FEP as I am getting a different read on you.

I didn't mention this when you posted it, but I noticed that you again brought up the "it's something that's been done already" (in the kingdom hearts game, iirc). Yeah, I'm not taking that into consideration this time.

Between FEP and Ynnek? I think Ynnek has been coasting more... it's something I brought up on D1 and it's still an issue on D2.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Answer me this, why didn't scum just vote on the other train rather than starting a new one?
Not ruling out the possibility that they are both scum.

I'm going from my experience on the GTA game... we happened to get two scum trains going on D1 and I inadvertently started a third train on a townie that ended up getting voted out.

I did not like FEP much on D1 but I've softened enough not to vote for him today.

Ynnek hasn't changed, though. My vote is meant to put some pressure, like I said. Maybe I can soften on him, as well.

Oct 26, 2017
Answer me this, why didn't scum just vote on the other train rather than starting a new one?
This is a good point. Also, looking at the Ynnek late votes, we have to forgive Zipped obviously. Not to mention, he specifically stated he was voting to protect me more than anything against Ynnek. If Fanto was voting to protect me, we've got a deep-state Soros scumspiracy. LP jumped about a bit but before that is Febe who is up for topic right now anyway, but that vote was earlier.

Zipped's entire train comes after Ynnek's had already petered out. Grade A clusterfuck, that one. If Ynnek was scum, it would have been easy for scum to jump on me rather than train 3. Similarly if the reverse. I guess most can consider if me and Ynnek are both scum, Zipped makes sense. I know that isn't the case but the rest of y'all will need to search your feelings there. Still all town spread imo.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Between you and FEP... I voted for FEP on D1.

If you remember, one of the reasons for my vote was because of his tone... why would scum use that tone on D1? You mentioned that that was something scum had done in the past - it was a gambit. I agreed with you. I voted for FEP.

On D2, I'm getting a different read on FEP as I am getting a different read on you.

I didn't mention this when you posted it, but I noticed that you again brought up the "it's something that's been done already" (in the kingdom hearts game, iirc). Yeah, I'm not taking that into consideration this time.

Between FEP and Ynnek? I think Ynnek has been coasting more... it's something I brought up on D1 and it's still an issue on D2.
Ok, so your only scum read of FEP comes from tone? Ok I guess. But don't try and say I swayed you to vote fep based on tone. I said the tone should be NAI. Just like I brought up KH, it should be NAI.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I don't have that many strong reads right now so I've split the null category into three so you can get a better idea of my thought process.

Towny:
Fantomas (Currently see him as classic town fantomas, which makes me immediately distrust him
weemadarthur (Towny vibes, poking discussion in the right places, I never town read her in mansion (I think) so if she isn't town either my town plays got worse or her scum plays got better)

Town/Null:
EzekelRAGE (I believe the neighbour claim and I think it's probably town/town + haven't seen anything off about Zeke's plays yet)
Lone_Prodigy (I've liked what few posts he has made and I believe he's making an effort to solve the game, apparently that's par for the course for scum L_P but I'm not going to change a read just because hypothetically they'd be a well hidden scum)
Fireblend (Didn't like the interactions with Zeke near the beginning but he's got better as the game has gone on)
Z-Beat (Liked his interactions near the beginning of the game but this feeling has lessened as times gone on, probably is partly related to the injury though)

Null:
Ynnek7 (Low content and coasting, nothing to suggest they aren't scum but I'm shocked a coasting scum would come so close to death on day 1, hoping he gives us more today)
Stuart444/Vincent (Stuart never starts well so his plays are NAI for me, Vincent has been wishy washy but that's kind of what I remember them being in GTA V)

Scum/Null:
FlatEarthPandas (Inactive at the beginning, tunneled into Zeke when became active, Zeke tunnels are more NAI for me though and probably good for your health but that doesn't change the fact that it's a good way to make noise, wierdly hostile at days end, I'd probably have voted on him over Zipped if it weren't for the suspect votes on him, so I'm watching him closely today)
Saenima (I feel there's something off about Saenima's play, seems weaker than usual though I wouldn't give them a solid scum read yet)

Scummy:
CaptainNuevo (Haven't liked their content and haven't liked their responces to my questions)
Kopite (I explained my reasoning for not liking them on D1 and I haven't changed my opinion on that, most of their reads feel packaged with a get out of jail free card but I'm worried I might be tunneling into them a bit)

(I'm planning on rereading both Kopite and Captn so I can better explain my reasoning/find out if my opinion has softened)

In the twilight zone:
WhySoDevious (In a vacuum I'd fine WSD's posts very scummy but none of that matters when it's all down to whether I buy there mistaken assumptions, I currently do but I haven't liked their play at all)
Aeleus (What! But that's me! How can this be! This is impossible, doppelgangers don't exist! *faints*)
--------------

Currently I don't like how nearly all the more active players are ending up on the better side of the list, I know it's based on a fallacy but I always feel that scum has at least one active, experienced player on their team.

Despite this I believe my Null to Scummy categories probably contain at least 2 scum members.

I'll put out a vote now for a bit of fun
VOTE: Kopite

Oct 26, 2017
Question for everyone. Why do you think was the likely scum kill and why do you think they weren't killed?

I'm guessing lucky RB or a bulletproof target. Can't imagine who would be protected from that mess. Wee was under the impression I had claimed cop so that is possible but I think scum would be mad to target me last night while I did no favor favors for myself yesterday. Although, after failed murder attempt, could explain Wee's fishing earlier.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Question for everyone. Why do you think was the likely scum kill and why do you think they weren't killed?

I'm guessing lucky RB or a bulletproof target. Can't imagine who would be protected from that mess. Wee was under the impression I had claimed cop so that is possible but I think scum would be mad to target me last night while I did no favor favors for myself yesterday. Although, after failed murder attempt, could explain Wee's fishing earlier.
I wanted to discuss this yesterday, but thought better about bringing it up. It could get people talking about possible PRs and that could end up helping scum. So I'm not gonna imagine why someone survived.

As for target, I was thinking that maybe you would be a good target... cause if Zeke and Ynnek are town, your NK would make them look bad.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Something which I want to check, when I saw this post I assumed it was Fantomas admitting they were Zeke's neighbour so I find the surprise and the 'oh that explains it' attitudes of a couple players a bit wierd, did I miss something?

Ok, fuck this shit.

You're all very perceptive.

*snip*

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Something which I want to check, when I saw this post I assumed it was Fantomas admitting they were Zeke's neighbour so I find the surprise and the 'oh that explains it' attitudes of a couple players a bit wierd, did I miss something?
You are correct, that was what I was doing there. I also did it again a bit later, when FEPs said that I would need to have Zeke's role verified if I were to believe the claim, and I said that I agreed with that conclusion.

Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to discuss this yesterday, but thought better about bringing it up. It could get people talking about possible PRs and that could end up helping scum. So I'm not gonna imagine why someone survived.
Thoughts here are that is role madness. Tons of mad stuff should have happened but most of us are here putting in honest work without any obvious role fuckery. But at the same time we did have a deathless night.

Not looking for any claims. But there is that play where everyone claims cops and posts "results" every day so that the real one can up-front post and have clear results out when they get flipped. Or something like that. Figured if everyone posts a theory, could act something like that

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Conspiracy-wise: Scum is keeping in theme with the episode and letting us destroy ourselves

Realistically: Someone probably used a role and it was probably a low-activity player being targeted because there wouldn't be much to go on from their posts.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Conspiracy-wise: Scum is keeping in theme with the episode and letting us destroy ourselves

Realistically: Someone probably used a role and it was probably a low-activity player being targeted because there wouldn't be much to go on from their posts.

Why would someone use a power to protect a low activity poster, though?

Scum would usually goes for higher activity posters in order to cut down on discussion.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, if a high activity poster was killed it would be harder to sift through their posts to see which line of thought got them killed.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I think theorizing about how no one died or who that was is going to take us off-track at best and help scum at most.

Also looking at those Fanto posts from yesterday, damn do I suck at this game. I have to read through the last page and a half or so, but I'm gonna go get lunch first.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Why would someone use a power to protect a low activity poster, though?

Scum would usually goes for higher activity posters in order to cut down on discussion.

There are other possibilities that don't necessitate someone to directly target an inactive player. innate-protection from the targeted player's role, or a neutralization method on the submitter (roleblock or jailer would do it IIRC?

I'm not sure I agree with your assumption that scum would normally go for higher activity posters at this phase. From my experience playing as scum it varies a lot by both the makeup of the town, and how threatened they feel early on. If there's a lot of pressure from active players, go for an active one and hope you can WIFOM your way out of it. If nobody is really onto you and is super confused? Go for low-activity and hope to keep them in the dark as long as possible.

Either way there's currently no publicly knowledge that lets us know who was attacked for us to guess by. I'm of the opinion this knowledge does not help us outright at this point in time though, and would suggest anyone who may know to think things over carefully before deciding whether or not they think we benefit from this being available.

Oct 26, 2017

There are way too many possibilities for me to guess who scum kill was aimed at because of the different strategies that could be employed. Do you go after someone quiet with low suspicion as to raise none yourself? Do you leave alone townies with high vote counts the previous day, knowing the town is likely to turn on them further as they survive more and more days? Why waste a vote on someone the town will take care of themselves. OR do you find 2-3 people who have been at each other with suspicion, hoping to make the remaining finger-pointers look like they offed someone who had picked them out during the day?

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Completely ignoring the possibility that any of these people are mafia, I'd assume mafia would choose not to kill either FEP or myself, hoping that town would choose to finish the job on one of us the next day. By extension , they'd also probably avoid killing zeke, due to the contention between him and FEP.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
There are other possibilities that don't necessitate someone to directly target an inactive player. innate-protection from the targeted player's role, or a neutralization method on the submitter (roleblock or jailer would do it IIRC?

I'm not sure I agree with your assumption that scum would normally go for higher activity posters at this phase. From my experience playing as scum it varies a lot by both the makeup of the town, and how threatened they feel early on. If there's a lot of pressure from active players, go for an active one and hope you can WIFOM your way out of it. If nobody is really onto you and is super confused? Go for low-activity and hope to keep them in the dark as long as possible.

Either way there's currently no publicly knowledge that lets us know who was attacked for us to guess by. I'm of the opinion this knowledge does not help us outright at this point in time though, and would suggest anyone who may know to think things over carefully before deciding whether or not they think we benefit from this being available.
There are way too many possibilities for me to guess who scum kill was aimed at because of the different strategies that could be employed. Do you go after someone quiet with low suspicion as to raise none yourself? Do you leave alone townies with high vote counts the previous day, knowing the town is likely to turn on them further as they survive more and more days? Why waste a vote on someone the town will take care of themselves. OR do you find 2-3 people who have been at each other with suspicion, hoping to make the remaining finger-pointers look like they offed someone who had picked them out during the day?
Completely ignoring the possibility that any of these people are mafia, I'd assume mafia would choose not to kill either FEP or myself, hoping that town would choose to finish the job on one of us the next day. By extension , they'd also probably avoid killing zeke, due to the contention between him and FEP.
*truffleshuffle*

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I'm at work and saw a conversation that I have the time and energy for currently, lol

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm actually a bit surprised at the people playing along. I much preferred the finger pointing that was going on before.
Yeah, I think we should try and keep things on track here and talk about who we think is Town and who we think is Scum.

I'm working on a more updated read list right now, more in a "Would Vote Today" and "Would Not Vote Today" kind of style.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm actually a bit surprised at the people playing along. I much preferred the finger pointing that was going on before.
On my part, I didn't really play along. I let him know why it isn't a great idea. It irritated me in my first game that I had the same thought about speculating who scum might go after, and instead of explaining why it wasn't a great idea, SOME folks were like, "psht, that is stupid." OKay, exaggerating, they didn't call me stupid. Everyone was nice...but the responses weren't great in helping me understand why it wasn't worth the time to speculate. Lance, who is our current gamerunner Dr. Monkey, was kind enough to post a link about WIFOM and I appreciated it. Just wanted to offer a little more to Panda than:

giphy.gif

Just in case Panda is where I was.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
The more I read this post the worse it feels. Like an admission that you're looking for easy agreeable posts to make yourself look busy.

Or, I'm following along and looking for easy posts to make to keep being active in the game at all.

Meh.

You know what play I meant though, where everyone posts cop results? Anyone member what it's called?

I don't know if it has a name, but I'd be up for playing this game. Seems appropriately surface level for me :-)

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
As I made clear by my first post this day, I think we should stay away from that topic.

Can't remember what it's called, but remember it being brought up b4 in a game.
Do you think it's a good idea though, I can't really see many issues with it, though if forces a cop to claim as soon as they get a red check (though why wouldn't they anyway)

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
As I made clear by my first post this day, I think we should stay away from that topic.

Do you think it's a good idea though, I can't really see many issues with it, though if forces a cop to claim as soon as they get a red check (though why wouldn't they anyway)
No it doesn't. Everyone claims an investigation target. If a cop flips later, look back at their investigation targets. If one of their investigation targets is included in their scum list, that's a red-check.

Cop should not claim until they feel comfortable, it paints a huge target on their back and an investigation's utility increases the fewer players there are in a game.

There are valid concerns with this strategy, but that's not an issue.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
No it doesn't. Everyone claims an investigation target. If a cop flips later, look back at their investigation targets. If one of their investigation targets is included in their scum list, that's a red-check.

Cop should not claim until they feel comfortable, it paints a huge target on their back and an investigation's utility increases the fewer players there are in a game.

There are valid concerns with this strategy, but that's not an issue.
Assumed we'd make up a result with the target, that makes more sense