• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
If none of Aeleus, LP, or VA are Scum, then I don't know how to play this game.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, I had fun playing this, and did the best I could under the circumstances.

Just remember this after I flip:

Trying to solve the game with a mass claim only works in certain situations, i.e. one where everyone is completely honest.

Take away the claims and night actions and you get a standard mafia game where you solve with votes, interactions, reads, and activity. The fact that I am vanilla means I have no crutch of a PR to lean on, and I like to think that shows in my gameplay, which is honest, questioning, and suspicious. Also explains the miniscule uptick in my posting activity.

I have no qualms about dying today though I would've preferred being night killed to protect a PR, but with all the claims out I am far down the list of towniness and will be kept around by scum as a mislunch.

Remember that Kopite had a semi believable fake claim. I would hesitate to confirm anyone besides FEP right now.

Also add the fact that we have a claimed hypnotist and sleepwalker so everything's not as cut and dry as you think.

Vote: Aeleus

Honestly I don't think you're scum but self-preservation and all that.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Anyway, I had fun playing this, and did the best I could under the circumstances.

Just remember this after I flip:

Also add the fact that we have a claimed hypnotist and sleepwalker so everything's not as cut and dry as you think.

Vote: Aeleus

Honestly I don't think you're scum but self-preservation and all that.
Same to you buddy (well I agree that VA is scum but I'm less sure about recruitment)

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Would I claim vanilla if it could be spun as a possible recruit?

Neighbours are pretty vanilla; they just share a night chat.

Also looked at my role PM again and my name is Joe. Ordinary Joe. I get it now.

chuckles in Monkey

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Secretly hoping WSD is a scum JOAT and is going to win the game by himself spectacularly

(there is a 1% chance this is the case, do not kill WSD instead of me, L_P, VA and Zeke/Fanto)

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Going to go shopping so in case I'm offed while I'm away:

Stick to L_P/Aeleus -> Aeleus/L_P -> Zeke/(maybe?)fanto -> VA

Looking forward to being carried away by my one wing angel <3

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Please note that Zeke is choosing his desire to end me over his desire to hammer L_P

Not sure what that means for alignment though

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
JOAT can only really be me, L_P, Zeke, VA or WSD. No reason not to stick to the order.

I'm really going now :)

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So then who is the original Scum?

Vincent?

It's not me. And I wasn't recruited.

Zeke?

WSD?

Fucking who?

If you want to kill me, fucking do it, because I fucking give up if one of these three isn't the last Scum, or if LP isn't the recruited one if there are two left.

Oct 26, 2017
So, the alien recruiter specifically has to find a human to recruit. Only one single possible target. You all come to conclusion that means, as Vanilla Townie, LP was the target that the recruiter would have had to hit? Am I understanding that role correctly?

You are an alien recruiter. Somewhere out there is a human you can recruit to use as you will - you've just gotta find them. You can PM RECRUIT: <Player> each night to check a possibility, but if you haven't found your target by MYLO/LYLO, you lose the power.

If true, and with LP being our only person to claim vanilla, that puts me back on Aeleus.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So, the alien recruiter specifically has to find a human to recruit. Only one single possible target. You all come to conclusion that means, as Vanilla Townie, LP was the target that the recruiter would have had to hit? Am I understanding that role correctly?

If true, and with LP being our only person to claim vanilla, that puts me back on Aeleus.
That is the theory I am working with, yes.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Occam's razor. I very much doubt that Fanto or Zeke are scum given that they're already neighbours and it'd be unlikely for any of them to have extra actions/be a JoaT on top of that. Aeleus, LP and VA and maaaybe WSD are the only possible suspects in my mind if there's one scum left. I'm crossing my fingers that the worst case scenario here with today's lynch is the flip will contain a bit on being recruitable and we'll know for sure if that's in play or not but even without that info I'm feeling confident.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Occam's razor. I very much doubt that Fanto or Zeke are scum given that they're already neighbours and it'd be unlikely for any of them to have extra actions/be a JoaT on top of that. Aeleus, LP and VA and maaaybe WSD are the only possible suspects in my mind if there's one scum left. I'm crossing my fingers that the worst case scenario here with today's lynch is the flip will contain a bit on being recruitable and we'll know for sure if that's in play or not but even without that info I'm feeling confident.
How does recruitment even tie to me? If you wanted that L_P is the much more sensible route

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018

Looking forward to post flip when the defense is 'would scum actually do something so scumm?'

Don't let that stop you from killing L_P and Zeke first town

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to post flip when the defense is 'would scum actually do something so scumm?'

Don't let that stop you from killing L_P and Zeke first town
If LP isn't vanilla, who is then? We've all claimed roles, and not a single other person claimed that role. Vanilla role makes sense now because it doesn't throw off the balance of the town/scum roles if they're just recruiting a vanilla role. But it would throw off balance if they could recruit a doctor, cop, etc.

D4 Ends
OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
COMMERCIAL BREAK---

Wouldn't you know it? People are dying in commercials, too. Some purple dude snaps his fingers and a bunch of folks just disappear. Some sketchy-looking dude in a beanie makes it, though, except in the next scene, he's eaten by an alligator. When did commercials get so gruesome? Time to make popcorn. Oh, wait, the show's back on? AND there's another body? Wow.

Aeleus has died!
Welcome to a neighborhood in a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind - an area we call The Twilight Zone. This episode is titled is The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street (Mafia) and you have been cast as part of the town.

You are John, a cheater (commuter). On odd nights, you slip out of the house to meet your lover for an illicit tryst, which also makes you untargetable, but on even nights, you stay home (and so can be targeted).

The game thread is here. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Dr. Monkey.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated. Good luck!

Night 4 begins!

Night 4 ends in:
f6tfqq4t38

Night actions are due two hours before day start.

Final Vote Count:
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Aeleus (5 votes)
Fantomas - #2,269
Aeleus - #2,305 #2,369
Aeleus - #2,406 #2,477
Fireblend - #2,521
Vincent Alexander - #2,533 #2,535
Lone_Prodigy - #2,551
Vincent Alexander - #2,571
Aeleus - #2,575

Lone_Prodigy (2 votes)
Aeleus - #2,369 #2,406
flatearthpandas - #2,458
Aeleus - #2,522 #2,539
WhySoDevious - #2,526
Vincent Alexander - #2,531 #2,533
Vincent Alexander - #2,535 #2,560
Aeleus - #2,552 #2,575

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
WhySoDevious - #2,275 (Double) #2,326

Not voting: EzekelRAGE, CaptainNuevo

Post Counts:
Aeleus: 76 Fantomas: 75 EzekelRAGE: 45 Vincent Alexander: 28 Fireblend: 23 Lone_Prodigy: 19 CaptainNuevo: 15 flatearthpandas: 14 WhySoDevious: 11

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Last edited:
D5 Begins
OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
"I know who it is that doesn't belong," of the neighbors said. "I know who the monster is!" But it was just Steve, and he wasn't a monster at all. All he was now was a body.

CaptainNuevo has died!
Welcome to a neighborhood in a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind - an area we call The Twilight Zone. This episode is titled is The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street (Mafia) and you have been cast as part of the town.

You are Steve, a Ham Radio Operator. Each night, you can send a message of up to 15 words to another player. Just PM TRANSMIT: <Player>, along with the text of your message.

The game thread is here. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Dr. Monkey.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated. Good luck!

DAY 5 BEGINS

Day 5 ends in:

fw1gy5oqvu

Living players
[he/him] Fireblend GMT-6
[he/him] Fantomas CDT
[he/him] Vincent Alexander GMT-6 during d1
[he/him] flatearthpandas GMT+9
[he/him] EzekelRAGE CST
[he/him] WhySoDevious GMT-6
[he/him] Lone_Prodigy EST

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
L_P first, no question. If the game doesn't end (please end), we can look into VA vs weirder alternatives like WSD (the only other possible alternative IMO).

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't want to discuss anything other than which we should do first, Vincent or LP.

Anything else is hypothetical garbage.

One of these two is Original Scum.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Expected FEP to die. Interesting.

7 left on D5
6 after I die
5 left on D6
Vote Vincent, 4 left
3 left on D7, skip day
2 left on D8, scum wins.

Or
7 left on D5
6 after Vincent dies
5 on D6, skip day
4 on D7

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I may be in favor of doing Vincent first just because I think it would be amazing if he actually cycled through his fake role claims in the thread yesterday.

Also it would be boring as fuck if LP was Scum here. It would also be boring as fuck to mislynch LP here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure, I think both have an equal chance of being Scum. I really dont care which we do first.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm not sure, I think both have an equal chance of being Scum. I really dont care which we do first.
So you'd rather vote for VA because they're more interesting and L_P more boring? Sure I guess. I do think they were way scummier yesterday. I agree they either cycled through their fake role claims, or went on a trip through the mafiascum wiki looking for a role to fake.

I'd vote for Zeke before VA.

I know I'm town, so that's from my point of view.
I wouldn't. If Zeke is an infiltrated scum neighbour and a hypnotist/JoaT/whatever the remaining scum role is, I'll scream.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So you'd rather vote for VA because they're more interesting and L_P more boring? Sure I guess. I do think they were way scummier yesterday. I agree they either cycled through their fake role claims, or went on a trip through the mafiascum wiki looking for a role to fake.
Yeah, basically.

I mean, I just do not see any chance that someone outside of that group is the last Original Scum. So it's a 50/50 shot as far as I'm concerned.