• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Apple has its first, well, bad apple.
Bastards, the eight-episode project starring Richard Gere and based on the dark Israeli drama, will not move forward at the iPhone maker's forthcoming streaming service

Picked up straight to series late last year, Bastards was set to star Gere as one of two elderly Vietnam veterans and best friends who find their monotonous lives upended when a woman they both loved 50 years ago is killed by a car. Their lifelong regrets and secrets collide with their resentment of today's self-absorbed millennials, and the duo then go on a shooting spree.

Ever seen something you are onboard with until it hits full stupid? This is a prime example. Vietnam Vets self reflicting would be insteresting, but everything after that is crazy town banana pants.

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up straight to series late last year, Bastards was set to star Gere as one of two elderly Vietnam veterans and best friends who find their monotonous lives upended when a woman they both loved 50 years ago is killed by a car. Their lifelong regrets and secrets collide with their resentment of today's self-absorbed millennials,
Doesn't sound too bad

and the duo then go on a shooting spree.
Wait what

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
That went 0-100 real fast with that description. If it's accurate, no shit Apple cancelled that show.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I think the plot was that they go after criminals ala Punisher but yeah, that sounds pretty insane and it didn't fit at ALL with EVERYTHING else Apple TV is doing, which is family / inspirational with zero darkness. A lot of Hollywood producers/actors have been bitching about Apple TV wanting only "neutered", PG, family friendly stuff so its super weird this was even in the running as something they would make.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Their lifelong regrets and secrets collide with their resentment of today's self-absorbed millennials, and the duo then go on a shooting spree.

tenor.gif

This is the most boomer shit I've ever heard.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Maybe I have a wild misunderstanding of Apple's target demo, but I'm not sure how that got off the ground in the first place lol

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up straight to series late last year, Bastards was set to star Gere as one of two elderly Vietnam veterans and best friends who find their monotonous lives upended when a woman they both loved 50 years ago is killed by a car.
Okay. Not sure what was the--
Their lifelong regrets and secrets collide with their resentment of today's self-absorbed millennials,
...Oh.
and the duo then go on a shooting spree.
Oh... well then.

Status
Not open for further replies.