• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘NCIS: Hawai’i’ Canceled By CBS: Franchise’s First Female-Led Series Ending After 3 Seasons

It came down to the wire, but NCIS: Hawai'i ultimately didn't make the cut for next season at CBS.

It came down to the wire, but NCIS: Hawai'i ultimately didn't make the cut for next season at CBS. The news comes days before the network is set to announce its fall schedule on May 2 and before the Season 3 finale of Hawai'i is scheduled to air on May 6. According to sources, the episode was not meant to be a series finale and includes a tease for what was to come but fans won't be left reeling by a major cliffhanger.

Ferda

The Fallen
Jan 25, 2019
Portland, OR
Darn. I didn't care for it at first and almost gave up on it but it started to find its way and I liked the LL came over

J75

Sep 29, 2018
I feel procedurals are numbered as linear TV dies.
I feel like they will always be a market for procedurals. Doesn't mean every single one will be successful and have 10+ seasons, but over the many decades of TV, it's one style of programming that hasn't gone away and I doubt it will on a hypothetical streaming only world. Life will find a way.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If crime procedurals go the way of the dodo bird I would cry, those shows are the TV version of comfort food to me
amazing how you sit in the middle of a marathon and instantly know what is going on. Pop on ep 12 of any NCIS season and 45 minutes you clued in on the season arc if there is one.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel procedurals are numbered as linear TV dies.

I'm not a scholar of the show by any means, but it was interesting to tune into a later episode of Law and Order SVU and see overarching plots come into play. And then that taken to the extreme with the Organised Crime revival that both has a single, central mystery, and plays a lot more on a will they / won't they between central cast members. I'm assuming it's producer led and studios want more overarching stories so viewers watch until the end.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a scholar of the show by any means, but it was interesting to tune into a later episode of Law and Order SVU and see overarching plots come into play. And then that taken to the extreme with the Organised Crime revival that both has a single, central mystery, and plays a lot more on a will they / won't they between central cast members. I'm assuming it's producer led and studios want more overarching stories so viewers watch until the end.
Ludacris was an arc villain on SVU
ludacris-darius-parker-svu.jpg

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
I feel like they will always be a market for procedurals. Doesn't mean every single one will be successful and have 10+ seasons, but over the many decades of TV, it's one style of programming that hasn't gone away and I doubt it will on a hypothetical streaming only world. Life will find a way.
It's also one that translates well to streaming, since you can just plop down and guzzle a season of easy TV for a few hours.