• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
bb9q5adnw3691.png

Oh fuck this

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
You have to go out of your way for your PR to be this consistently bad.

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Also legit one of the most sharply refined, flawless Arcade games you'll find. Such a great game. I have like 25 hours in it.

Fits to the developers.

This was the game with the school shooting level, yes? Hard to think it wasn't intentional.

You know you fucked up when even Steam doesn't want you.

Gross, but kinda not surprised after they put a school level in
www.resetera.com

Ready or Not devs split with publisher hours after confirming school shooting level

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/ready-or-not-dev-splits-with-publisher-team17-3123660
Based on their previous efforts, not only am I not touching this game, I'm steering very clear of the dev. Is any one person attributed to this bullshit? I'm not looking for a scapegoat, but I would find it extremely problematic if a whole studio thinks this shit is ok.

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
its always weird to me that people were cool with a game that glorifies police SWAT teams but drew the line at mass shootings.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
its always weird to me that people were cool with a game that glorifies police SWAT teams but drew the line at mass shootings.
I mean the shitty thing is if you're like me and enjoy the gameplay of these tactical milsim type games it's basically impossible to avoid. Basically all of them are either about SWAT or the US Military.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's fine to be okay with heroic tropes as a fictional structure.

And you better believe the concept of a heroic cop is a thing of fiction.

its still riffing off real world events. Same with military games where you spend entire campaigns mowing down brown people. Mass shootings in America are real world events. I don't see any real distinction in one being any more tasteless than another.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame that the people making this otherwise seemingly competent spiritual sequel to SWAT 4, instead of aiming to evoke the storytelling and worldbuilding that made SWAT 4 special, are seemingly plagued with a game director from Running With Scissors hellbent on ruining those aspects of the game with trashy sub-GTA edgelord nonsense and embarrassing stunts.

Just pointlessly sabotaging their own game for no apparent reason. I wouldn't care, but I really do think it's a shame. I would like a SWAT 4. But this does not seem to be it. The direction is just fucked.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I would like to note that it's extremely unlikely the release of this update has anything to do with Pride as this was supposed to come out in April or so but had gotten pushed back twice due to development delays. Also the level has been available as a test map for months now and only just went final with this update. I don't think the connection to Pride month is there, intentionally at the very least.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
These developers have very, very obviously been about the edgelord shit from the jump. This was absolutely done consciously and they can fuck off into oblivion for it.

I don't give a fuck if they're the only game in town for a mechanically functional SWAT successor, they're clearly conservative CHUDs who like to play to their alt-right edgelord fans and think they're sly about it. Fuck the lot of them.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Yeah bruh, thats a fucking dogwhistle
All of this shit is intentional by the devs do NOT be fooled

www.vice.com

White Supremacists Have a Disgusting New Code for the N-Word After Ahmaud Arbery's Death

Extremists are celebrating Arbery’s killing in the worst places on the internet, and turning his assailants into white supremacist folk heroes.
Learned something new today. I legit saw the picture and, admittedly, my thoughts went right to The Matrix and was wondering wtf the callout was. Seeing the other gross shit I already knew they'd done for other things previously, and then reading that this crap exists as a term flipped that thought mighty fast.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
These developers were always suspect, they knowingly have been playing into controversy.

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
Yikes. This is all so on brand.

I used to love milslim ishs like Red Orchestra but my God the number of times suburban dudes sling out slurs and just be generally bigots makes me think its just the norm.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Is this the same developer who said something like "and yes, there will be a school shooting level" as if they were announcing a new Smash hero and then when people got upset they were like "you're just overreacting".

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame this game seems to be one of the few tactical shooters to come out in the last decade that actually shows promise, and yet is held back by the absolute befuddling stupidity/bigotry of the developers themselves time and time again.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That first thread is fucking embarrassing.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Dont know why some giving them the beefiest of the doubt, a doubt after all the nasty crap they have done but whatever.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Oh I was actually gonna check this game out but nahhhh that timing is too odd to be a coincidence

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wasn't that like a white supremacist biker bar and a gang clash inside? Or am I thinking of a different level. Anyhow I'd like a new SWAT game not made by shitty edgelords. A tactical shooter where you don't just kill everyone is a nice change, but the only one we get is this shit.
Sadly, we'll have to face the reality that if you're developing a pro police tactical shooter game, there will be some unsavory views and bigotries that will be displayed by the developers. SWAT 4 and a few games are the exception as far as I know.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Same fuckin' assholes putting a school shooting level in. You can't convince me that this wasn't intentional.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I would like to note that it's extremely unlikely the release of this update has anything to do with Pride as this was supposed to come out in April or so but had gotten pushed back twice due to development delays. Also the level has been available as a test map for months now and only just went final with this update. I don't think the connection to Pride month is there, intentionally at the very least.
Questionably, the map was added on June 12 – the anniversary of the Pulse nightclub shooting.
Is this not true?
If it is, I would deem that extremely likely to be intentional by this developer with a history of edgelord garbage and alt-right dogwhistling.

I also wouldn't trust anything they're saying. They're terrible at pretending they're oblivious and caring in response to these repeated incidents. Who knows what else they might be lying about.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Is this not true?
If it is, I would deem that extremely likely to be intentional by this developer with a history of edgelord garbage and alt-right dogwhistling.

I also wouldn't trust anything they're saying. They're terrible at pretending they're oblivious and caring in response to these repeated incidents. Who knows what else they might be lying about.
Looke around of people paying the new map, it may have being there in some form but knot its an official release. People playing to as it is new. So yeah more eyes on it either way its shitty.

Last edited:

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Is this not true?

It's been available as a whitebox test map for several months has been delayed twice (it was originally scheduled to come out in April) It's also not a public update, was for supporters only.
Like looking at all the facts, even considering their other debacles, this seems rather circumstantial and speculative at best.