• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

: Simu Liu has landed his first project after wrapping Marvel Studios' forthcoming Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. The actor is attached to join Mark Wahlberg in Arthur the King, directed by Simon Cellan Jones, who is stepping in to helm the adventure pic after Baltasar Kormakur exited due to scheduling conflicts.

The film from Entertainment One and Tucker Tooley Entertainment is based on the 2017 book Arthur: The Dog Who Crossed the Jungle to Find a Home by Mikael Lindnord. Michael Brandt adapted the book, and production is set to begin in January in the Dominican Republic.

Inspired by a true story, Arthur the King follows Lindnord, captain of a Swedish adventure racing team who met and befriended a wounded stray dog during a 400-mile race through the Ecuadoran jungle where they crossed rivers and battled illness and injury through some of the world's toughest terrain. Wahlberg will play the Swedish adventurer, while Liu will play the role of Liam.

deadline.com

‘Shang Chi’s Simu Liu Joins Mark Wahlberg In ‘Arthur The King’ With Simon Cellan Jones Set As New Director

Marvel's 'Shang Chi' star Simu Liu joins Mark Wahlberg In 'Arthur The King'; New Director Set As Lionsgate and Baltasar Kormakur exit adventure movie.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am glad dude is blowing up. Love him on Kim Convenice

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if Simu will have an awkward conversation with Mark about his anti-Asian hate crimes back in the day.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Was about to say, "Another King Arthur movie?!" but it's actually a dog movie. Though I suppose I could say, "Another dog movie?!"

Still, nice that he's getting more work.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Excerpt from the script:

Mark (in a Swedishish accent): Hej, hund. Hur är det? I like your fur, that looks really great. So you're en hund, right? What's that all about? Do you want to join me in this race?

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Inspired by a true story...

Wait wait wait is arthur based on true story or folklore? The last time i knew about this, it was a folklore?

Edit: okay okay okay. Turns out it is not about arthurian legend 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Good for him but mark wahlberg movies boring af most of the time now so I'll likely skip this.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, for a second there I though this was a King Arthur movie and thought "fuck, I still haven't gotten over that horrid Guy Ritchie movie."

Jan 31, 2018
As amusing as it would be seeing Wahlberg trying to imitate a Swedish accent (or even an English accent), I'm disappointed at this is another dog story.

/Guy Ritchie's King Arthur deserves another chance

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Wonder if Simu will have an awkward conversation with Mark about his anti-Asian hate crimes back in the day.

Looks like he won't.

www.thewrap.com

'Shang Chi' Star Simu Liu Deletes Tweet Calling Out Mark Wahlberg for Beating 2 Vietnamese Men in 1988 - TheWrap

Liu's reason for doing so made things worse with many on social media

"Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings" actor Simu Liu deleted a tweet Saturday criticizing his "Arthur the King" co-star Mark Wahlberg for beating two Vietnamese men when he was a teenager, but Twitter users aren't buying Liu's reason why.

Early on Saturday morning, Liu quickly responded on his Instagram account and gave his reasoning for deleting the tweet.

"I deleted a couple of tweets I made regarding the past actions of one of my costars as a gesture of professionalism and to open to door to progressive conversations and (hopefully) positive change," says Liu. "Obviously it'd be pretty weird to go to work with that tweet still up. I meant what I said in the moment; I was very angry hearing about what happened. But that doesn't mean I don't think there's room to grow and work together to find an opportunity to educate and do some good- which I'm excited to do in addition to shooting the movie. Progressive discussion will lead to dialogue, and dialogue will lead to action."

What a shame that Liu is seemingly burying his principles to ingratiate himself with Hollywood.