03-AALIYAH

Jul 21, 2023
Really didn't know the series had been renewed, very happy to learn about this. Sandman is the only franchise that can get me to buy one month of subscription on a service like Netflix lol.

Sep 5, 2021
That would be a lot to adapt in one season (even if it is 11 episodes).
I not sure how/if they will adapt facade, but Nada story is absolutely a must, but not sure where to place it (maybe a flashback in Mists).

Since they are promoting the season with the Endless I bet the season will start with that very dinner, interlaced with Lucifer stuff in Hell. Then complete Season of Mists.

Song of Orpheus+Thermidor as the mid season episode, go doing A Game of You and a special 11th episode with Midsummer Dream (possible animated as well). That leaves something to be along in the 11th episode, which good stand story can be animated as well? The tale of Bagdah in Ramadan! Edited: maybe August could work too.

There is a rumor that this season will have 12 episodes and will be released in two blocks of 6 episodes.

And I'm also surprised that so many people on this forum didn't know that the series was renewed, since I and other people created threads last year with photos and videos of leaks from this season's footage.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Would be nice if they tone down the fisheye camera lens this season.

I liked the show quite a bit, but I often didn't enjoy looking at it.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
It's fine. It's a little closer in tone to Doom Patrol than Sandman, I think. Which is odd because it is technically canon to both Doom Patrol AND Sandman, even if this Edwin/Charles/Crystal are different versions from the ones that appeared in DP. I won't explain how for spoilery reasons - you'll see what I mean when/if you watch it.

I haven't finished the season yet but I'm enjoying it in a "I miss Doom Patrol" kind of way.

It will not change your life, but It is a fun "monster of the week" tv show, which is a rare breed these days so it become better

It's Sandman Lite. And that's not a bad thing. It's like if Sandman was made for the CW but retained all of its weirdness. I loved it for what it was.

I was genuinely surprised by how much I liked it. The core cast makes for a really enjoyable dynamic and the coming of age/found family elements work really well while hitting the right spot when it comes to tonal balance.

The premise is structured around a case of the week formula, blending together both metaphorical and actual demons they have to deal with.

Thanks! Sounds like I should give it a watch! I'll add it to the list.

Oct 27, 2017
"Coming soon"

I don't believe you but I will look forward to seeing this. Season 1 was a nice surprise since I didn't know anything about the source material.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
and that is kinda the problem ? xD

Meaning it's what she wore in the same scene in the comic. Delirium isn't always dressed in rainbow colors, sometimes she's dressed plainly (color-wise) and its the minor details or the little conjurings around her that are bright and colorful

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Completely missed the season 2 renewal after the internet bashed Netflix for not announcing one soon after season 1.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
They did Preludes and Nocturnes, Doll's House and half of Dream Country

This 2nd season will probably have A Game of You, yes

leaked stuff: and by probably I mean there are pics of them shooting the graveyard scene at the end of it

That's a lot more than I expected, but alright, I'll be on the lookout for the next season drop.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's good. I enjoyed the first season but I hated the way they did the wizard's duel between Morpheus and Lucifer. That was the scene I'd been looking forward to the most, but it was directed as though it were two people standing in a room LARPing sexily at each other while footage from a 90s music video plays behind them.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it. I liked the first season, but felt they botched the ending of my favorite story, the one with Dream and Hob. I know there's complications due to setting this series in the modern day, but the story doesn't feel as impactful to me with Dream arriving decades late.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Going back to look at Season of Mists, at the meeting of the Endless (which all of those outfits are from, these aren't just random outfits in this teaser, they're from a specific scene), Delirium was, in fact, wearing a black top and torn fishnet stockings. So her appearance in the trailer is actually accurate to the specific scene it's from. It was a formal occasion and all of them were about as well-dressed as they get. Except for Despair, obviously, but I get why they don't present her the way she is in the comics.

Meaning it's a sure thing that we'll see Delirium in some other more outlandish outfits later on. Although looking back at the series, while she does dress strangely most of the time, she doesn't actually wear particularly bright colors very often. Her hair changes from scene to scene, sometimes even from panel to panel, and often varies in color, so it'll be interesting to see how they handle that aspect of her.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Yeah, Delirium's outfit should look like the Sixth Doctor. Just an explosion of random colors with no logical thought guiding them.

colin-baker-sixth-6th-tardis-umbrella.jpg

Not in her first appearance

atCri.png

Also I can't fucking wait for this season, and hopefully someday, somehow, we get to the Ramadan issue

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm cautiously optimistic. The books are some of my favorite ever, but I just thought last season was just 'pretty good.' The missing DC stuff bugged me, but that shouldn't be as big an issue going forward (outside Element Girl).

I'll keep supporting the show day one until we get Prez, though. There's no way DC has big plans for him, he should be 100% available.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Really excited for this. The opening arc is so, so good.

I'm surprised they are casting
Destruction. I didn't think he actually showed up where you can see his features until way later.

One thing that I know isn't fair, but I wish they could have gotten some of the audible cast to reprise their roles. Jeffrey Wright's Destiny was fantastic.

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
Yep, this is 'formal attire' Endless (hence why Death is also looking far more 'official' than usual), so it makes total sense why Delirium looks this way in this preview. She'll no doubt look more colourful when she's not in the very specific scene that requires her to appear as she does. I'm pretty sure she'll still have her quirks, so I'm not worried.

I'm more put out by the ever so slightly off lighting that Netflix tend to use for their socials which doesn't flatter the lack of backgrounds.

Also, not looking forward to the usual chuds complaining that Destiny is Black, in their continual mission to strip joy from everything for the grift.