Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
'The Wonder Years': Elisha "EJ" Williams To Play The New Kevin Arnold In ABC Reboot Pilot (msn.com)

Written by Patterson and directed by Savage, the reboot of the classic 1980s family comedy-drama is set in the same era as the original. It looks at how the Williamses, a Black middle-class family in Montgomery, AL, in the turbulent late 1960s made sure it was the Wonder Years for them too.

Williams' Dean is an inquisitive and hopeful 12-year-old kid coming of age in a turbulent time. It's 1968 in Montgomery, Alabama – and Dean is trying to figure out his place within his Black family and the world at large. Though a little insecure, a tad awkward and a bit self-conscious, he is determined to make his mark on the world around him.

Williams joins previously announced Saycon Sengbloh, who will play Dean's mom.

Patterson and Savage executive produce along with Daniels and Marc Velez via Lee Daniels Entertainment. The original series' co-creator Neal Marlens serves as a consultant. 20th Television is the studio.
You have my attention

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
The OG was my favorite show of all time. I hope the writing and soundtrack does it justice in this reboot.

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to this production. The Wonder Years is GOAT coming of age television and I think this could be an incredible shift of perspective for the era.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds incredibly triggering. I'll watch a few episodes if it doesn't get canceled before season 2.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Was skeptical until I read the premise. Assumed it'd be move forward in time to be in the 80s or 90s. This sounds like a good twist on the formula.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Man I just hope they keep the same tone and structure as the original.
I keep wondering how a wonder years series would be so different if the main character was winnie and not kevin, and this new premise for the reboot is very interesting. Very hyped for this

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
I think I heard about this concept a while back and I'm definitely intrigued to see how they deliver.
It's certainly a great take and far far better concept than the generic remakes that you see.

I really enjoyed the original series growing up, and had lots of learnings from it so I'm optimistic about this.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The music is one of the reason this show was awesome. The new streaming version is shit takes all the licensed music away and not as good as the original.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of my favorite shows of all time and this reboot's setting is something very compelling. I hope it has the same heart as the original along with the amazing music. It could really be something special.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The OG was my favorite show of all time. I hope the writing and soundtrack does it justice in this reboot.
The soundtrack has serious potential if they do it right, and I'm not saying that in any diminishing way.

That version of Try A Little Help From My Friends is seared into the brains of anyone of a certain age.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
that... actually sounds interesting as fuck, yeah.

But, I agree - the music needs to be spot on. It's one of the hallmarks of the OG, and if this one can't falter in that regard.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Premise sounds really good. Glad to see they didn't try to do a soulless jump to the 90s or something.