DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021

View: https://twitter.com/AmazonMGMStudio/status/1790387546507407595

Phoebe Waller-Bridge's adaptation of video game Tomb Raider is scaling the walls at Amazon.

The streamer has handed the project a series order.

The news was revealed by Head of Amazon & MGM Studios Jen Salke at the company's Upfront event in New York, who called it an "epic" and "globe-trotting" series.
"If I could tell my teenage self this was happening I think she'd explode. Tomb Raider has been a huge part of my life and I feel incredibly privileged to be bringing it to television with such passionate collaborators. Lara Croft means a lot to me, as she does to many, and I can't wait to go on this adventure. Bats 'n all," said Waller-Bridge.
It's the latest order for Amazon this morning, which gave the Nic Cage-led Spider Man live-action series an order alongside a slew of unscripted series and renewals.

Fleabag creator and star Waller-Bridge is writing the Tomb Raider series, but no cast has been set.
deadline.com

‘Tomb Raider’ From Phoebe Waller-Bridge Lands Series Order At Amazon

Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s adaptation of video game Tomb Raider is scaling the walls at Amazon, receiving a series order.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so this is separate from the upcoming Tomb Raider anime with Hayley Atwell

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
Yeah it'd be dumb not to go all in on this after Fallout's success. Especially since they're actually funding the new game (I think).

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Genuinely don't think she's that much of a great writer. Riding off of Fleabags success so much.

But I'm optimistic as I like TR.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Tomb Raiders of the Lost Ark

For a moment I thought she was cast as the Tomb Raider herself and I thought 'that makes sense'

Yurei

Feb 28, 2023
I hope it's not comedy focused, it might not be my speed. I'm excited for the Netflix animated show.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they lean into the supernatural/fantasy stuff from the games and not ground it like the last movie.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they can actually figure out what a modern Lara Croft should be? Crystal Dynamics keeps failing at it

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
How was she in the last Indiana Jones movie? I still haven't watched it yet even though I own the damn movie.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
From Indiana Jones to Tomb Raider, sounds poetic, lol.

Next she would be produced/write the third Uncharted film.

Her character is annoying. 🙄🤷
Really? I was more worried about Harrison Ford being able to still handle that role at his age. I have a week off next month and will watch it then along with a lot of other stuff I put on the side due to time limitations.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Phoebe Waller-Bridge is quite the unexpected name for this, I'm curious to see what's her point of view on Lara and the franchise.

Hopefully this ends up as good as Fallout!

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Fleabag and Killing Eve are really good, this should give us a really fun Lara who isn't the reboot version hopefully.

How was she in the last Indiana Jones movie? I still haven't watched it yet even though I own the damn movie.
Movie sucked but she was entertaining in it. She's not acting in this though.

ChemicalWorld

"This guy are sick"
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Cautiously optimistic. As long as Crystal Dynamics aren't anywhere near the writing should be alright.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Hmmm. This is not a knock on Phoebe, I like a lot of things she's done, but I'm not sure why you'd look at Fleabag and The Dial of Destiny and determine "she should do more things like Dial of Destiny."