Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Kenny Bania

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Joe is a writer. He is noted for stalking Jerry Seinfeld in the season, for whom he develops a pathological hatred. The incident started in The Pitch where they meet him at the NBC offices where he is dropping off a script. After Jerry mentions Kramer is having a party, Joe freezes. Jerry realizes that Kramer didn't invite him. Afterward Kramer tells Jerry that Davola kicked him in the side of the head. However he was wearing Newman's helmet when he was kicked, so that it wasn't severe and informs Jerry that he is going to be attacked by Davola.

What's your favorite Joe Davola quotes?

Mine is:

Elaine: You left your door open.
Joe Davola: I know, I like to encourage intruders.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The scene where Elaine goes into his apartment always struck me as an odd tone for the show, it got uncharacteristically dark.

Ceramics

Dec 28, 2017
The scene where Elaine goes into his apartment always struck me as an odd tone for the show, it got uncharacteristically dark.
Larry Charles wrote all the darker weirder episodes. That one, the one with the sequence of jerry getting gunned down for pirating cable, the one where they accidentally end up posing as nazis, and many more lol.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Davola was a genuinely terrifying character at times but I think the best villain is 100% Newman.

It's really weird how his first ever reference is in season 1 and he jumps off the roof to attempt suicide, but as the seasons go on he gets funnier and funnier.

The Risk episode was gold.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I was going to automatically pick Newman in the poll, and then I saw you included George. Huh. I'm not sure if that counts, but I can see the argument. Now I can't decide.

OP
OP
loco

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Larry Charles wrote all the darker weirder episodes. That one, the one with the sequence of jerry getting gunned down for pirating cable, the one where they accidentally end up posing as nazis, and many more lol.
Pagliacci the Clown is just terrifying these days especially when they are basically viewed as demons by gen Z

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
street-toughs-v0-fpt7jl7ifz8c1.jpeg

WHO THINKS THEY ARE THE BEST VILLAIN??

WHO???

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I was going to automatically pick Newman in the poll, and then I saw you included George. Huh. I'm not sure if that counts, but I can see the argument. Now I can't decide.
From the villain wiki, these are Newman's crimes:
Fraud
Perjury
Animal cruelty
Attempted cannibalism
Dognapping
Theft
Sabotage
Multiple acts of criminal mischief

But this is George's long rap sheet… I never thought of George as a villain but he's truly up there:
Accessory to murder
Public urination
Fraud (occupational and charity)
Lying to authorities
Workplace malingering
Corruption
Negligence
Sexual harassment
Parking in a handicap spot
Identity theft
Endangerment
Attempted shoplifting
Removing an IV
Theft
Elder abuse
Property damage
Conspiracy
Aiding and abetting
Bootlegging
Child abuse
Adultery
Voyeurism
Drugging
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was making you think he doesn't exist

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
From the villain wiki, these are Newman's crimes:
Fraud
Perjury
Animal cruelty
Attempted cannibalism
Dognapping
Theft
Sabotage
Multiple acts of criminal mischief

But this is George's long rap sheet… I never thought of George as a villain but he's truly up there:
Accessory to murder
Public urination
Fraud (occupational and charity)
Lying to authorities
Workplace malingering
Corruption
Negligence
Sexual harassment
Parking in a handicap spot
Identity theft
Endangerment
Attempted shoplifting
Removing an IV
Theft
Elder abuse
Property damage
Conspiracy
Aiding and abetting
Bootlegging
Child abuse
Adultery
Voyeurism
Drugging
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was making you think he doesn't exist
George def did manslaughter too

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
George def did manslaughter too
I'd add involuntarily manslaughter to the charges definitely. Susan 100% died because of his gross negligence:

Involuntary manslaughter is defined as an individual who has committed an unlawful killing without an intention to cause grievous bodily harm or kill the victim, causing the death by recklessnessor gross negligence instead.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I'd add involuntarily manslaughter to the charges definitely. Susan 100% died because of his gross negligence:

Involuntary manslaughter is defined as an individual who has committed an unlawful killing without an intention to cause grievous bodily harm or kill the victim, causing the death by recklessnessor gross negligence instead.

Nah. Buying cheap invitations would not be covered under gross negligence.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
I've got a hair on my tongue.

You couldn't make it today (joking joking)

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Legitimately the only scene I actively stop paying attention to whenever it comes on. I'm watching Seinfeld for a good time, not one of the most eerily realistic encounters with a violent psychopath teetering on the edge of trapping and assaulting a woman.

Weird fucking scene, really wish it wasn't in the show.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
No chance. I find Davola doesn't even really fit the show.

In any case it would be George and if he doesn't count, Newman. No contest.