• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, they sneakily edited the article and replaced all "SJW" words with "political correctness". LOL And also the article seems much shorter now. Apperantly they removed some of the bullshit from the author. I have screenshots if anyone wants to see the original article.

Btw, thanks for the translation. I'm adding the update to the first post.
HAHAHAHAHAHA I'd love to see the screenshots

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They literally have a president in Erdogan that denies Evolution and says their god made everything.
They want or already did get rid of teaching about that in schools because its wrong and against the Religion.
And he had many voters that live in western countries outside of Turkey where you should think they completely changed their mentality thanks to living in a complete different world.

This is why we need people to finally speak up against the Religion and tell those people its 2019.
Their Stoneage stuff has no place anymore in this world and they need to introduce something like a Islam 2.0
But people are afraid for some reason to fight it and especially for those people that can't fight it without the fear of risking their lives.
I'd just like to add that every Abrahamic religion is guilty of this to some extent bub.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
The terms the alt-right use to describe anything remotely left carry no actual meaning and only serve to label certain people as "against the things I stand for"

When alt-right goons starting complaining about shit like this that ultimately effects you in no way, how are they not being snowflakes? And you hear this shit verbatim all the time, how are the opposition NPCs but the group using this term is not?

Feb 4, 2018
ok but hear me out

all the worlds used to exist as one but were fractured into many worlds pre-kh1. ansem sod and maleficent, the Bad Guys, unleash the heartless and invade all the worlds for their own personal gain, destroying the worlds in the process. their ultimate goal is to unite all of the worlds under their own power. meanwhile sdg, the Good Guys, abide by the world order, a policy that aims to preserve each world and their individual cultures, assimilating to each world they visit. the bad guys are basically homogenizing the worlds and wiping out their cultures while the good guys are trying to preserve them.

therefore kh1 is about the politics of globalization and imperialism

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
"Back in the good old days when you could be an insensitive bubble boy and not have to contend with perspectives who those attitudes insulted for no reason"

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Definitely political
Wut?
ok but hear me out

all the worlds used to exist as one but were fractured into many worlds pre-kh1. ansem sod and maleficent, the Bad Guys, unleash the heartless and invade all the worlds for their own personal gain, destroying the worlds in the process. their ultimate goal is to unite all of the worlds under their own power. meanwhile sdg, the Good Guys, abide by the world order, a policy that aims to preserve each world and their individual cultures, assimilating to each world they visit. the bad guys are basically homogenizing the worlds and wiping out their cultures while the good guys are trying to preserve them.

therefore kh1 is about the politics of globalization and imperialism
This reads like a such a reach to me. Its like you decided what kh1 "was about" and then worked your way back so you could justify that conclusion.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The nes final Fantasy and dragon quest games.

DQ3 has certain dialogues where if the player choose the female MC the characters will comment how the role of the hero can be filled by a man or a woman, even praised by a real queen who has envy of the freedom of the hero.

Also, a female NPC has self-awareness about the dangers of being put in a eternal sleep
for women, aka being raped.

It's a 1988 game.

Last edited:

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The nes final Fantasy and dragon quest games.

All fantasy is almost intrinsically political. Final fantasy has different races living in different cities

The structure of these worlds is political. Are races separated?

Is there a king? Which race?

What race are the heroes? Why are the bad guys bad? Is it about power?

It's all politics

Jun 17, 2018
Am I the only person that plays games without ever thinking about this stuff? 'Oh shit, it's a black gay Muslim, that makes me so angry!! I'm not going to interact with that character' - do people really react this way? Dude, Black, white, gay, straight, I don't give a fuck, make the game good!

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
So work your way forward and give a summary of KH1. I can assure you that even in the least, it'll still be somewhat political.
Ofcourse, if you think everything is inherently political having a white main character is political, hence KH1 includes political messages. But extrapolating that KH1 *IS ABOUT* globalization and imperialism, even if some of the themes presented in KH1 have some minor overlap with these concepts, is pretty ludicrous in my opinion. You could twist KH1 being about anything at that point.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Am I the only person that plays games without ever thinking about this stuff? 'Oh shit, it's a black gay Muslim, that makes me so angry!! I'm not going to interact with that character' - do people really react this way? Dude, Black, white, gay, straight, I don't give a fuck, make the game good!
It seems to be mostly angry white dudes who are afraid that Anita Sarkeesian is cancelling vidya games and cucking the western civilization with talking about actual issues people face. For some reason thats off limits to people with privilege.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Ofcourse, if you think everything is inherently political having a white main character is political, hence KH1 includes political messages. But extrapolating that KH1 *IS ABOUT* globalization and imperialism, even if some of the themes presented in KH1 have some minor overlap with these concepts, is pretty ludicrous in my opinion. You could twist KH1 being about anything at that point.
the point is a work can not have a obvious political message, but every works of fiction with a story is influenced by political stances and climates.

Feb 4, 2018
The "is about" was tongue-in-cheek lol, as was the rest of the post. No need to take it so literally. Of course I don't think globalism and imperialism are huge parts of KH, but can we talk about those political themes wrt the game and that's the point.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
the point is a work can not have a obvious political message, but every works of fiction with a story is influenced by political stances and climates.
While I definately agree with what you are saying, I am not buying that KH1 was arguing against imperialism or globalization. It includes some themes that are present in both concepts, but thats it. Arguably, globalization has been a huge deal since the 70s. Does every game in this time with multiple worlds take a stance on globalization?
The "is about" was tongue-in-cheek lol, as was the rest of the post. No need to take it so literally. Of course I don't think globalism and imperialism are huge parts of KH, but can we talk about those political themes wrt the game and that's the point.
Well thats fair, I didnt realize this. :"D

Feb 4, 2018
While I definately agree with what you are saying, I am not buying that KH1 was arguing against imperialism or globalization. It includes some themes that are present in both concepts, but thats it. Arguably, globalization has been a huge deal since the 70s. Does every game in this time with multiple worlds take a stance on globalization?

Well thats fair, I didnt realize this. :"D
Hah it's my bad, I thought the no caps was enough of a tell but I forget how hard it is to convey tone on the internet. :)

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I miss the good ol days when the only people you had to worry about hurting were the white males. Now everybody thinks they have rights! /s