Oct 25, 2017
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ds-3-e3-2018-demo-is-not-happening-after-all/

http://www.shacknews.com/article/104928/no-borderlands-3-at-e3-2018-according-to-gearbox

https://screenrant.com/no-borderlands-3-e3-2018/

A representative from Gearbox Software announced to a room of journalists earlier today that there will be no Borderlands presence at E3 whatsoever. Gearbox Software will have other titles to show off to gamers during the conference next month.

I am not fully sure if these are credible sites, so I think take it with a grain of salt since they are saying "Gearbox spoke with unspecified journalists" about this.

Personally I think its an attempt to down play the leak or to lie so people are surprised when its actually there like how Ancel lied that BGE2 wouldn't be at E3 last year.

Last edited:

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If true, then that confirms the Walmart leak is not really an E3 leak, but just a leak of a bunch of upcoming games.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Man, such a disappointment if true.

Not that I even care about reveals; but if it's not ready for this E3 I can't imagine it's coming out any time soon.

Oct 25, 2017
lies.jpg

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
For reference,
Borderlands 2: 2012
Borderlands the Pre-Sequel: 2014 (2K Australia)
Battleborne: Announced in 2014, Released in 2016
Borderlands Next: Announced in January 2015.

So the main team has supposedly been on this since 2015, so they're maybe aiming for a reveal-release in 2019?

EDIT: Completely forgot about Battleborn & the January 2015 announcement was a "we're just now starting one"

Last edited:

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Wow. They must be doing fine financially if they could go from their huge hit to a risk and failure(?) like Battleborn and still not be close on Borderlands 3.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Wow. They must be doing fine financially if they could go from their huge hit to a risk and failure(?) like Battleborn and still not be close on Borderlands 3.

They're a publisher now too

For reference,
Borderlands Next: Announced in 2015.

So the main team could have been on this since 2012 and still *nothing* to show?

They were on Battleborn

Oct 26, 2017
For reference,
Borderlands Next: Announced in 2015.

So the main team could have been on this since 2012 and still *nothing* to show?

The main team released Aliens: Colonial Marines and Battleborn + publishing deals for Bulletstorm FC, Fortnite console retail release and We Happy Few.

They have a publishing label like Techland.

Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never blame a third party company for not wanting to share the spotlight with countless other games. That said, Borderlands wouldn't have struggled for attention.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Come on Borderlands is totally going to be at E3 probably called something stupid like Borderlands: The Reckoning

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i swear any developer wouldve immediately jumped on making a sequel after the scale of borderlands 2's success
but not gearbox... instead, battleborn! Which felt like a chinese knock off of Borderlands.
I can't believe BL3 is still not out yet. And from the looks of it, it's not coming anytime soon either. At this rate no one will care when it does release. Destiny 1-2, Division1-2, now Rage 2, all taking pieces of that pie that a few years ago Borderlands all had for itself.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only reason Borderlands wouldn't be there is if they don't have anything to show which would be a massive cockup

quotethis

Banned
Jan 21, 2018
Bro, when the fuck is this game coming out? lol

Gearbox doesn't really have a ton of other relevant IP's.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Well this is a stab in the gut for me. I loved BL2 and I thought after the WM leak, we were going to see something really special with the 3rd game. Not sure if this then means that either:

A) Walmart Canada lied!
B) Battleborn took a bigger hit than we thought
or C) We shouldn't look too deeply into raised expectations.

Still, I suppose we'll find out later on what Gearbox maybe working on.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Real talk I would rather have Battleborn 2 than Borderlands 3

;~; the moba-shooter subgenre is dead now that Gigantic and Paragon are in the ether

soul creator

Oct 27, 2017
that's because they're showing a sequel to the GOAT Gearbox game, Brothers In Arms

I dunno, I just really liked Brothers In Arms, haha