Oct 25, 2017
Not for me. I mostly love Borderlands for the loot aspect of the game. That, and I like the world building. You kinda know what you're getting into with Pandora. Also the character classes and skills allow for a lot of replayability. And CO-OP. Grinding for those legendary weapons.....

There's none of that in Rage.

You are right about this. Except it won't be on Pandora.

And "no Borderlands presence whatsoever" doesn't leave room for a "gotcha, it's not called Borderlands 3!"

I just hope the game is coming out this year but this news killed my hopes.

It was never coming out this year. When 2K made there statement about two big games I assumed RDR2 this Fall and BL3 in Spring 2019.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so they started this in 2015 and worked on Battleborne (and i completely forgot about that game). So 4 years, instead of 6. So maybe it's reveal-release for 2019.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if it only went into full production recently. They were hiring for writers as late as October 2017 for a "An unannounced AAA FPS/RPG hybrid with strong characters and central narrative thread." Though I really have no clue what the turn around is for hiring writers when it comes to games

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
4 player online co-op would be enough. Worked amazingly well for Ghost Recon Wildlands.

I'm not arguing that it's not enough, just saying I can see them populating the "game world" with more players than 4, and having smaller raids and what not. I'm perfectly content (and prefer) 4 players.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, a "room full of Journalists" heard this yet only shacknews is reporting it? the other 2 sites source shacknews. so either shack broke embargo or someone "leaked" this to shacknews?

I thought it was questionable as well

Randy tweeted this today too though, essentially making a long roundabout statement implying BL3 won't be at E3 (but again, it's Randy so who knows)

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Rage 2 must have stolen their marketing campaign.
It was after the Rage 2 trailer that I remembered some off hand comments of Pitchford talking mess about Borderlands' cartoony style not getting it done and then just imagined them all sitting in their studio this morning yelling "GOD DAMN IT NOT AGAIN"

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe the game won't playable be at E3, but make sure Borderlands 3 is going to be announced at an E3 conference even if it's just showing a quick teaser with a logo. I bet it will appear in the MS conferene.

kdmgman

Oct 27, 2017
It could be that they aren't calling it Borderlands 3, instead it is going with a subtitle.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I wouldn't be at all surprised if it only went into full production recently. They were hiring for writers as late as October 2017 for a "An unannounced AAA FPS/RPG hybrid with strong characters and central narrative thread." Though I really have no clue what the turn around is for hiring writers when it comes to games
i'm just gonna assume they turned it into a destiny type

Randy tweeted this today too though, essentially making a long roundabout statement implying BL3 won't be at E3 (but again, it's Randy so who knows)

ok so is he saying ppl will twist his words regardless or is he saying it wont be at e3 or is he saying both?

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Borderlands 3" will not be at E3 because they're not gonna call it 'Borderlands 3'. So technically he will be telling the truth.

Wizzly

Jan 10, 2018
Rage 2 stolen the show.
I guess Gearbox will have to work on Borderlands 3 to make something different that does not looks like a simple cartoon copy of Rage 2.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017

This genuinely reads like a fragment of an Alex Jones rant.

[I just want Borderlands 3 with 4-player splitscreen, Randy ;-;]

Oct 27, 2017
What's this "Destiny type" talk? Destiny ripped off borderlands, in form and structure, since day one. I don't know what is unique about the Destiny formula, off the top of my head (having played both).
Well, maybe a fully customizable cosmetic character, and not just color schemes, could be this game's trick.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
eca.jpg

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Well, looks like it's time to put Randy and Gearbox back into the "I don't care about you or what you have to say" closet again.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Who are these Journalists that cornered Randy Pitchford in a room for some reason and why would they do so to begin with?