xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Monster Hunter World, did everything but the crowns
When you put hundreds upon hundreds of hours in and it ain't enough, I've had more luck with Pokemon shinies...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
100%ing Mega Man 10 (3 times no less) was challenging - mainly just down to getting the Mr. Perfect trophy (clear the game without getting hit). Granted you could save after every stage, but that penultimate Wily stage was still a bastard.

Each Yakuza game I always hit up the 100% completion list as I love doing it. Hardest one is probably 3 because its completion requirements require skill (imagine that!) and Pool and Baseball can certainly take a few tries before nailing it perfectly. Still proud I got the mini game master on that game!
Ishin and FOTNS also have pretty crazy 100% requirements due to RNG item drops... I still remember replaying the arena in FOTNS waiting for those golden bastards to spawn...
Yakuza 5 though is probably the longest of the bunch (at least until 7) to 100%, but its not so hard as it is huge. But its also my favourite of the bunch due to the sheer variety of activities to do.

Plat'ing Bound was pretty darn fun as well - what with the speed running and no death trophies in that game. I got pretty damn good at it in the end.
Likewise, retro inspired titles like Volgarr the Viking and Slain have tough trophies like not dying, or clearing certain hard to reach levels in the game that takes quite a bit of practice but I've managed to plat both.

I've kinda fallen off trophy hunting now though... aside from Capcom and Yakuza games a game really has to grab me to bother.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Still the only Plat I have is Bloodborne. Incredibly proud of it, since I enjoy the game so much. Horizon keeps tempting me - I love it to bits - but the Hunting Lodge/Hunting Grounds trophies are absolutely no fun at all, and I find them really stressful, too. And when you think I've done fucking Bloodborne, that's saying something.

OP
OP
Fahdi

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Sonic Unleashed Plat or 100% people are gods. Those Chilli Dog runs are ridiculous. I can't even imagine that for the last level.

Bound speed runners and no deaths... WTF!? You Animals!

Dead Space 2 - 3 Saves people. Fucking hell.

GT5 24 Hours Le Mans Trophy? Fuck That!

I dunno man, I feel like sometimes even my small achievements are nothing.

Shin Kojima

Oct 27, 2017
I wish the Souls games would actually have skill based trophies.
Clear the game without summoning, clear the game without levelling up; that sort of thing.

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017
I don't often go for 100% completion on achievements/trophies but the hardest by far was probably for Titanfall 2, thanks to the achievement for Becomes the Master, which requires you to run the training gauntlet in less than 33.65 seconds. I probably ran that gauntlet 100 times, using different weapon combos and routes, before I finally nailed it.

Beating the game on Master difficulty was also probably the toughest FPS campaign I've played through.

I tried that one for like ten hours and could not get if for the life of me so I gave up and am now stuck at like 95% trophies...

Generally, I don't go for plats on games that require too many MP trophies or ridiculous difficulty tied trophies (fuck you Wolfenstein New Colossus). The one exception would be Hotline Miami, which had one that required you get the top score in every level. That was a fun one to do, as it required learning the levels inside out and really developing skills at the game. I did it on Vita during the 2014 World Cup, mastering levels with the soccer matches playing on the TV in the background. Fun times.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the Witness, which was very doable (and it was also the only achievement in the game). I don't tend to go for all achievements or trophies.

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017
In Infamous 1 I still had 2 or 3 of those little electric balls to collect. Fucking things. I spent a lot of time looking as I really wanted that Platty, but eventually gave up.

Same here ! That was so fucking frustrating, especially since the game gave you a tool to find them but by the end I got tired of running around the map pinging into the void.

Oh another one : the first Uncharted back when they patched it to add trophies in. That Crushing mode was a BITCH. The others were a walk in the park compared to that.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
Becomes the master trophy in Titanfall 2 was something else, I enjoy going for platinums if they're simple enough but that trophy made me hate Titanfall 2 with a passion for some time. Completing the game on the hardest difficulty was a walk in the park compared to it.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
Seriously 3.0 broke me but I got it

That's the only Seriously I will never have. One of the most grinding achievements ever.

Most time consuming: GTA IV, Gears of War 1/2/4, Batman: Arkham Knight
Truly difficult: Gears of War 4 (Inconceivable solo is bullshit), Wolfenstein II, Shadow Warrior (finishing Heroic), Project Gotham Racing 4, Deadlight.

I don't consider the "no-checkpoint" difficulty of Batman: Arkham Origins and the last two Tomb Raider very difficult.

Last edited:

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I spent 30 minutes trying to grab a gold trophy on Arkham Asylum. I managed it.

It was the only time when I did something similar.

Nov 1, 2017
If someone wouldn't mind helping me destroy them 50 times online in WipEout Omega Collection, I'd finally have the platinum trophy. Any takers? I'd return the favour. :)

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
The last time I tried to get 100% of all achievements in a game was e OG Modern Warfare's Mike High Club. I was just not good enough in 2007, probably not good enough now.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
I wish the Souls games would actually have skill based trophies.
Clear the game without summoning, clear the game without levelling up; that sort of thing.

From Soft games have the laziest trophies ever.

Beat monster 1
Beat monster 2
Beat monster 3
Collect all xxx
Collect all yyy
Get ending 1
Get ending 2

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What difficulty were you playing on? Cause it sounds like a different game.
On hardest difficulty, pull out knife and run to Checkpoint, the enemies all back away from you before shooting, but by time they shoot you're either out of line of sight or hit a new checkpoint. You also end up out-pacing enemies spawns doing this so you're not even facing all the enemies you should.

It is especially effective on the final level in the run up to Radec. You can run that entire section up to the doors you enter into his building. If you're fast enough the trooper that exits the building as you approach will still be inside and you'll need kill him there instead.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got the platinum in Hollow Knight and Celeste, but those pretty much maxed me out. I don't think I can do anything that requires more skill than those.

Meliodas

Apr 7, 2019
Tomb Raider 2013, did everything in singleplayer but gave up on the awful multiplayer trophies because I guess SE servers are powered by goddamn potatoes.

Aggie CMD

Dec 8, 2017
Geometry Wars 2. That Smile achievement was a killer and a literal fist pump moment when I got it.

I also tried to 100% Geometry Wars but could never do it :(

For a deep cut, Gravity Guy on Windows Phone. Completing both runs with no fails was epic.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
GTA4 came out when I was in high school and I had a lot of free time. I wanted to get the platinum because it sounded cool, I got all offline ones, but those 3 online achievement were basically impossible. One was "Get to lvl 50 online", the max, I stopped at 10 I think because I got bored.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
PS3

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
-Download Complete : Reach Level 50 (Multiplayer Only).
-Role Model : Get all the Co-op bonuses in 1 session (Multiplayer Only).
The Online was dead and I had to Synch with other players worldwide to try to create a Session just to Level Up enough in the MP to get my last few trophies. Took me a lot of time. It was boring too.

PSVita

Assassin's Creed Chronicles
- The Completionist : Achieve the highest score and fastest time in each memory of Assassin's Creed® Chronicles: China.
- The End? : Achieve the highest score and fastest time in each memory of Assassin's Creed® Chronicles: India.
- A True Assassin : Complete Assassin's Creed® Chronicles: Russia in Plus Hard mode without alerting any enemy.
I just hated the game but I couldn't accept to see 1 Assasin's Creed Game Unfinished. You have to finish every storyline in an Optimal way and I was terrible at it. Had to watch and replicate a Walkthrough.

Rayman Legends
-Champion! : Win a diamond cup at the end of a Challenge
Getting into the Best 1% score in the Multiplayer when there is barely anyone playing and those top 1% have absolutely insane scores above anything you can imagine is not a good idea for a Trophy.

PS4

-Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
They're Free! What an Offer! : Claimed treasure three hundred times.
MP was dead on arrival. Getting those 300 Treasures by leveling up was a pain in the... you know.

Dragon Quest Heroes II
-Well-Armed : Awarded for obtaining every single weapon.
-Life and Soul : Awarded for learning every party power.
Just a lot of Grinding and hoping for the RNG to be on your side.

Deleted member 13250

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Def gotta be my Rock Band 2 Plat. Seriously playing the whole setlist on Expert with no pause and no fail....
Dude earlier in this thread knows my pain lol.

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 5 was by far the most time consuming, as it took 2 nearly full playthroughs.

It went quicker than I imagined because I fast forwarded all the cutscenes/talking scenes and just got to play through the dungeons, but it was still a bit of a slog.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually proud of finishing The Witcher 3 on Death March and getting all the Gwent cards. I'm very close of getting the platinum trophy.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
No achievement for it but I beat F Zero GX and X both on master mode. Working on the expansion tracks now.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Vanquish platinum was a hell a ride, and I'll be starting it again in a few weeks!

Metal Gear Rising was a damn satisfying platinum. Also the You're Hired! trophy was tough

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
KZ2, luckily I did Elite difficulty before I went for the MP challenge. By the time I beat Radec I was just really good at getting headshots in warzone. It was a bit of a grind but overall not too bad to get the top 1%.

Arkham City, that 100% perfect combo using every move and gadget without a break was something else. But it made me really good at that game.

Holyoneturtle

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy XIII. I don't remember the details but I think there was a trophy of getting every weapon ever and there were a few weapons that required some serious grinding. I thought I could do it but funny enough I would fall asleep after an hour of grinding lol.

Two of the hardest platinums I have is killzone 2 and overwatch. Overwatch took months to get and killzone 2 was a little over a year.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I tried that one for like ten hours and could not get if for the life of me so I gave up and am now stuck at like 95% trophies...

I had to get really creative with my route, to the point that I was wall running before I was even technically inside the course; wall running is much faster than regular movement, so if you start wall running right outside the start point you can immediately boost over to the next wall for a huge leaping start; that alone shaves a good second or two off your time.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Call of Duty Ghosts had achievements for beating the extinction mode with other players. One of the achievements was to complete each sub-objective for each stage of the escape and those were on a random rotation. One of the biggest pains was completing the first two and then getting stuck with a hard one later on. Getting that final achievement came down to the entire squad having an accuracy of like 30% for one of the stages which sounds pretty doable until you consider that I've got a chain gun and we're trying to hold off dozens of agile aliens crawling all around our building. Came down to the last second and I was sure I had blown it because I just had to ride the trigger for the last 3 seconds to keep from dying.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Killzone 2: Same reason as OP. the #1 Rank trophy and finish the game on the hardest difficulty was something else, it cost me one controller since the battle with Redec is fucking infuriating.

Call of Duty 2 and World at war: Veteran difficulty in these games is absolutely ridiculous. Especially on WaW and the Heart of the Reich mission.

TMNT The arcade game: Some of the achievements were very difficult but had the fortune to pair with some supporting and very good randoms for the achievements you need in multiplayer, 200/200 that I'm very proud of.

Cuphead 1000/1000: Nuff said

Right now, I'm traying to 1000/1000 Hollow Knight and I can see already that it's going to be a bitch.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Flawless Raider (completing a raid without anyone in your fireteam of 6 people dying) in Destiny. The rest of the trophies were easy but that one was the biggest challenge. Took hours upon hours of runs where people died in the jumping puzzles or during the final boss but finally getting it done was a great feeling.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Man, some(many) of you guys are seriously good at videogames...

I don't go for platinums, I have exactly one. Diablo 3. I was for a time(years) slightly obsessed with that game(PC&ps4) together with friends. I got the platinum fairly early, grinding rifts was the roughest one. Then I kept on playing through season through season. Which made my grinding totally pointless, I did many times that amount in rifts after that. Oh well

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I trophy hunt so I have a lot of hard or rare ones, or grinded for them. According to PSN profiles my rarest is Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine the online trophies were a massive, massive grind. I actually loved it though, just not that much ha ha.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
Probably Bloodborne.

It wasn't hard, but sheesh, getting through the chalice dungeons was kind of a pain.

PlatStrat

Oct 27, 2017
The Beatles: Rock Band, I spent hours recording myself singing multiple times in order to get the harmonies trophy. Totally worth it. Also have platinums for Rock Band 2 and 3

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
Binding of Isaac on Playstation. I actually wasn't trying for it in the beginning but I played it so much that I got pretty close. The last handful of achievements I had to purposely try for and it was not easy.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Had a heck of a time with Dishonored challenge achievements. So many times restarting the same scenario over and over again.

Matzpxl

Jun 4, 2019
Brasília, Brazil
Red Dead 2. It is not difficult, but man, all the challenges, exotic requests... Actually I need 3 more trophies, one singleplayer and two online. The singleplayer is the infamous 70 gold medals and the other two are own 5 horses and level 50 in RDO.

It's been a year long effort.

OldGamer

Jul 6, 2019
Oh yeah, the Arkham series is very time consuming if including all DLC. The main game isn't so bad, but the challenge maps really try your patience. In Asylum you have to deal with the imprecise controls and doing Shock and Awe Extreme.

In City you have to do all Challenge Maps with top rank with every character. Total waste of time, but at least the combat trials become easy from here on out but the Stealth is the hardest is any of the games.

Then we cap off with Arkham Knight. While the main game is pretty standard, you get an assload of DLC trophies on top of it with the season pass. And not only are you doing the same old song and dance with combat, but they throw in racing trophies into the mix. And, man, a couple of those batmobiles (since there are several) control horribly when time attacking. Plus you get the last DLC pack which contains a couple of the hardest combat trials in the game, such as doing a 100x combo without getting hit once to summon Killer Croc and defeat him too amidst the free for all. Whoo boy, I took a break after that.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
Probably the Max Payne 3 achievements like sniping someone from a boat or finishing the game on a timer in one sitting without dying