• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
english.kyodonews.net

Group of 100 in brawl at Tokyo skyscraper restaurant

Police were called to a restaurant in a Tokyo skyscraper on Oct. 16 after a mass brawl broke out among a group of some 100 customers who had booked out the venue.

Police were called to a restaurant in a Tokyo skyscraper Sunday after a mass brawl erupted among around 100 customers who appeared to be members of a group with links to organized crime.

A restaurant clerk made an emergency call around 6:30 p.m. after the group started eating and drinking at about 6:00 p.m. and suddenly got into a fight, they said. There were no customers other than the dining party.

Most diners had already left the function that had booked out the whole restaurant when officers reached the modern French eatery on the 58th floor of the landmark Sunshine 60 tower in the Ikebukuro district, with only a man who had suffered a minor head injury and a handful of others remaining, the police said.

According to an investigative source, those involved in the commotion appeared to be members of Chinese Dragon, a gang comprised primarily of second- and third-generation descendants of Japanese orphans left behind in China when Japan withdrew from the country at the end of World War II.

Police have received information that the function was intended to celebrate a member's release from prison. The scene was littered with broken beer bottles and glasses, the police said, adding they are investigating the incident as a suspected case of property damage.

Just like one of my Japanese animes games

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
y7-tfmt.jpg

According to an investigative source, those involved in the commotion appeared to be members of Chinese Dragon, a gang comprised primarily of second- and third-generation descendants of Japanese orphans left behind in China when Japan withdrew from the country at the end of World War II.
Bro this is LITERALLY Yakuza 6

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sounds like something out of anime.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Sucks for a lot of them cause if I remember correctly Japanese law is going to royally fuck them over by refusing loans, bank accounts, renting, etc just because you are part of a criminal gang. I don't know why any of them would even gather at that point.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like it would make a great plot for the final Raid movie to complete the trilogy.

StrayDog

Avenger
Jul 14, 2018
www.fnn.jp

池袋「サンシャイン60」乱闘 チャイニーズドラゴン100人宴会で他グループ襲撃も “出所祝い”狙ったか 警視庁|FNNプライムオンライン

東京・池袋の「サンシャイン60」で準暴力団のメンバーらが100人規模の宴会中に乱闘を起こした事件で、宴会が「出所祝い」のために開かれていたことが分かりました。昨夜、池袋の高層ビルの58階にあるレストランで、およそ100人の団体客の一部が乱闘になり、店のドアなどが壊された他、20代の男性1人が軽傷を負いました。警視庁によりますと、このおよそ100人は準暴力団の「チャイニーズドラゴン」のメンバーらで、今年8月に刑務所を出たメンバーの「出所祝い」を行っていたということです。店の予約も100人規模で入…

現場の店では、10人前後が殴り合いのケンカを始め、警察官が到着した頃には、数人しか残っていなかったということです。警視庁は内輪もめの他、別の不良グループが襲撃した可能性もあるとみて調べています。

At the restaurant, about 10 people started fighting each other, and by the time police officers arrived, only a few people were left. The Metropolitan Police Department is investigating the possibility that another group of delinquents may have attacked the shop in addition to a domestic dispute.

Last edited:

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
I know we're joking about this being like the Yakuza games but for mafia to fight out in the open like this and at this scale, it's got to be extremely serious.

Every single person involved has ruined their entire life over this, the government will make sure of that.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Was the fight choreography good? Was it all quick cuts and shaky cam? I need to know.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Sucks for a lot of them cause if I remember correctly Japanese law is going to royally fuck them over by refusing loans, bank accounts, renting, etc just because you are part of a criminal gang. I don't know why any of them would even gather at that point.

Because they are the ones who own those things lol.

Japan kinda goes out of their way to not arrest the gangs, its "weird." They know who, what, and where, but won't move on them unless it means oddly specific things. Like, police won't stop to question known gang members unless there is more than 5 in a group at a time lol.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Goddamn, I don't want to do the whole "IS THIS A YAKUZA REFERENCE??!" but the fact that only one person was seriously hurt is too perfect for the comparison

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn, I don't want to do the whole "IS THIS A YAKUZA REFERENCE??!" but the fact that only one person was seriously hurt is too perfect for the comparison
All it's missing is the detail that the one person hurt wasn't actually during the fight but when they turned their back on someone they shouldn't when things had finally calmed down.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I know we're joking about this being like the Yakuza games but for mafia to fight out in the open like this and at this scale, it's got to be extremely serious.

Every single person involved has ruined their entire life over this, the government will make sure of that.

It's ok, they can all move to Okinawa and run an orphanage.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping somebody made Yakuza jokes itt

Edit: since nobody died, this is now a Yakuza gif thread

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Temee, onore and kusoyaro were probably said million times.

Last edited:

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to finish Yakuza 0. I really want to see how Majima goes from Club owner to absolute lunatic.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I hope someone picked up one of the harder to find Heat Action opportunities during the brawl. Cutting board head smash or face on the stove burner or sometbing.