• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hiro_x

Nov 2, 2017
Just saw this on CNN. I can't imagine why would people do this to kids.

The 11 children were so famished, the sheriff said, they "looked like third-world country refugees."

But they weren't found in an underdeveloped country. They were discovered in a remote New Mexico compound where an underground trailer kept them hidden from the outside world.
"The only food we saw were a few potatoes and a box of rice in the filthy trailer," Taos County Sheriff Jerry Hogrefe said.
"But what was most surprising and heartbreaking was when the team located a total of five adults and 11 children that looked like third-world country refugees not only with no food or fresh water, but with no shoes, personal hygiene and basically dirty rags for clothing."

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/05/us/new-mexico-compound-children/index.html

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
But they weren't found in an underdeveloped country. They were discovered in a remote New Mexico compound where an underground trailer kept them hidden from the outside world.

Sounds like something out of Criminal Minds! D:

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
heartbreaking was when the team located a total of five adults and 11 children that looked like third-world country refugees not only with no food or fresh water, but with no shoes, personal hygiene and basically dirty rags for clothing

Have they seen wasn't swathes of the US?

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
There was that couple that kept their children in cages and chained up for years, in the middle of the suburbs.

Doing this in the middle of nowhere is easy in comparison

or maybe its harder, a weird compound in the middle of nowhere attracts attention, surely. one helicopter passing by might mean you're busted.

if you live in suburbia, do you really know what everyone else is doing? a normal looking suburban house among dozens of others is the perfect cover for evil shit.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Man, this stuff will be perfect fodder for Trump and his ilk.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, sounds like New Mexico : /
Somehow horrific shit always ends up happening in the desert here.
Wishing the best for the victims.

Islamic American Militant Group. Not something like Isis.

This is the NoI, the same group that assassinated Malcom X. (Who was a former member who left because it was corrupt)
I dunno, this seems beyond the pail for even (mainstream) Nation of Islam. They're a hate group and fuck them, and I wouldn't be surprised if they killed people in the past, but this seems like a whole different level of awfulness.

Last edited:

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What else is going on in the vast American desert? I'm picturing Breaking Bad.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having lived near the coast all my life there's something super scary about the endless expanses of a sparsely lived interior.

If you're on the west coast, you're actually not that far away from vast expanses of uninhabitated land. If you're in southern california i recommend a drive through death valley national park sometime. No cell signal though, so be careful.