• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
www.youtube.com

Walter White Meets Saul Goodman | Better Call Saul | Breaking Bad

Walter White meets Saul Goodman for the first time.New episodes of LUCKY HANK premiere Sundays at 9pm on AMC, catch up any time on AMC+.Season 2 Episode 8 Be...

giphy-downsized.gif

He was only supposed to do a few episodes in Breaking Bad, but years later resulted in arguably one of the best spin-offs of all time.

What were your first thoughts one the character when you were first introduced to Saul Goodman?

What were your thoughts when the spin-off was announced?

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
He was a fun side character in BB, and while I was excited when the spin off was announced I never could have foreseen that it would end up becoming even better than BB. For me that is.

Seaneko

Jun 11, 2020
California
I loved Breaking Bad but when BCS was announced I thought it was a ridiculously out-there idea. I mean a show focused around Walt's sleazy lawyer? Sounds like it's gonna be some Boston Legal knock-off where every episode was gonna be him taking up some wacky case, and I generally am not a fan of legal dramas so I was prepared to just ignore it.

I was wrong. So fucking wrong. BCS ended up being the better show. The ending made me cry too. It's great.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
These threads don't usually get me, but 15 years? Jesus fucking christ

Nov 5, 2017
I loved Breaking Bad but when BCS was announced I thought it was a ridiculously out-there idea. I mean a show focused around Walt's sleazy lawyer? Sounds like it's gonna be some Boston Legal knock-off where every episode was gonna be him taking up some wacky case, and I generally am not a fan of legal dramas so I was prepared to just ignore it.

I was wrong. So fucking wrong. BCS ended up being the better show. The ending made me cry too. It's great.
Couldn't have said it better myself. My exact thoughts.

Now I feel like watching BCS in its entirety for the third time.

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished watching BCS for the second time and I can't get over how good the series is. I enjoyed Saul in BB but had no interest in seeing more of him once the show ended.

How wrong I was, and now Breaking Bad is so different after knowing what Jimmy was up to.

My partner and I did a Jimmy/Kim cosplay in Melbourne a few weeks ago in fact!

CjcGu3f.jpeg

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Both shows are the elite of the elite. They scratch slightly different itches for me, but they're definitely both in my top ten.

Rat Face

Sep 2, 2023
I couldn't roll my eyes hard enough when I heard about BCS, thinking who gives a shit about some stupid cash grab. Boy was I wrong. What a fucking damn good series.

AleeN634

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely a fun side character in Breaking Bad. Definitely was surprised when the announced that Saul was getting a spin off. It was crazy how fleshed out they made him and the expanded the universe.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
So I loved Breaking Bad but I've only seen the first episode of BCS. Should probably fix that yeah.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
When they announced BCS, my first thought was that it was a waste of time to make a spin-off about such a minor, albeit entertaining, character. I was years late sitting down to watch it, and of course it was incredible, every bit as good as the show that spawned it.

rabidtanuki

Oct 28, 2017
wow, perfect timing. I literally just finished this today after binging it over the last couple of weeks. Amazing show. As soon as the credits rolled I felt gutted and empty inside. The next day I felt depressed.

GambitPool

Nov 27, 2020
I refuse to believe BCS ended almost 2 years ago. I remember going into that final season like yesterday lol. God the second the show ended, I knew it would be hard to be as emotionally invested in any show like I was this. And that has rang true.

I really think its time for a rewatch. This show is special when it comes to foreshadow and callbacks.

Oct 29, 2017
I know it's a common story but I ignored BCS until almost the end of the 3rd season because I just couldn't imagine it would be good. Easily one of the most wrong thoughts of my life

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022
I'll join the theme of admitting how spectacularly wrong I was about BCS. I even held off watching it for a few years because I was convinced it'd ruin BB's legacy. What an incredible show.

El Camino ended up being the 'nothing' chapter in the BB-verse

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Weird timing. Me and my son are watching Breaking Bad and watched the episode with Saul for the first time yesterday. His first time seeing the show and I've seen through season 2 so in a few episodes it'll be new to me too.

GambitPool

Nov 27, 2020
I'll join the theme of admitting how spectacularly wrong I was about BCS. I even held off watching it for a few years because I was convinced it'd ruin BB's legacy. What an incredible show.

El Camino ended up being the 'nothing' chapter in the BB-verse
At least it helps complete the ending trifecta lol.

Spoilers for all three endings:

Walter - Death ending
Jessie - Freedom ending
Saul/Jimmy - Prison ending

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Great character. I like how even in BB certain moments of his professionalism shine through, like when he lies to Mike about knowing where Walt and Jesse are.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Adding to the cloud of voices — BCS is one of the best American shows of all time. So fucking amazing.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have only seen the first episode, but without spoilers can you tell me if this also has stuff from beyond BB/EC? I thought El Camino was a perfect ending.

Solidus Snake

Apr 20, 2024
Is it possible to not fall in love with Kim Wexler when you watch the show ?

I wasn't expecting the show to be that good, and yet... I felt empty and kinda depressed when i finished it.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I have only seen the first episode, but without spoilers can you tell me if this also has stuff from beyond BB/EC? I thought El Camino was a perfect ending.
Every season starts and ends with about a 3 minute sequence post breaking bad. But the final season has a 2 episode epilogue post breaking bad too. It's like a mini movie tacked onto the end of the 5 seasons, 10 hours each of his story prior to breaking bad.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like it's gonna be some Boston Legal knock-off where every episode was gonna be him taking up some wacky case, and I generally am not a fan of legal dramas so I was prepared to just ignore it.

supposedly it was going to be something like that at first, when Vince Gilligan was spitballing the base idea of a spinoff. he said even when the first season started shooting they really weren't certain where it was going

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Quite simply one of the greatest on screen characters of all time. BCS is an absolute masterpiece of the highest order. I could have watched ten seasons of it.

Oct 27, 2017
Was completely jaded and annoyed that they wanted to keep milking the Breaking Bad cultural phenomenon by doing a spinoff of the lawyer guy.

Then I got to see like 10 minutes on a TV in restaurant (funny enough a taco place) and realized everything Vince Gilligan touches turns to gold.