• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 21, 2018
Cool in a lukewarm sort of way.
I guess they'll have to release a strap for the thing. Honestly kind of baffling they didn't include it initially if it was to be supported beyond the base software...

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what I thought this game would be be.

Also the ergonomics of the Labo VR continue to be strange.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They really need a "headset with a strap". I put a strap on mine, but if they want people to play games and stuff, then they REALLY need to do something with the ergonomics.
Yep. Sole reason I didn't buy Labo VR. I'm not holding my hands in the air by my face for dozens of minutes at a time. Sounds like one hell of a pain.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
If Spice and Wolf is popular enough to get a new video game, where the hell are more seasons of the anime?

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
They really need a "headset with a strap". I put a strap on mine, but if they want people to play games and stuff, then they REALLY need to do something with the ergonomics.
We don't know that yet, and I am not at all certain if Nintendo know that yet. Some kickstarter originating game supporting Labo VR is not the same as Nintendo coming out with full VR games, Nintendo doesn't need to do anything for that.
I see two main possibilities: Nintendo IS going to come out with a more workable VR solution soon/this year and this is just a precursor, or Nintendo is allowing support from whomever and will decide later. My bet is on the latter.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Day one for sure, thanks for sharing.

If Spice and Wolf is popular enough to get a new video game, where the hell are more seasons of the anime?
When in the blue hells of Hades will we get another season!?!?

Not happening unfortunately. Just do what I did and buy all the novels. Imho as a huge Holo, ehm, Spice and Wolf fan, I love the novels more than the Anime, even if the Anime is a lovely piece of art.

Love Holo!

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
well Nintendo never called me, but they at least went ahead and put vr on the switch. now they really need to put out some straps.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not happening unfortunately. Just do what I did and buy all the novels. Imho as a huge Holo, ehm, Spice and Wolf fan, I love the novels more than the Anime, even if the Anime is a lovely piece of art.

Love Holo!
27589.jpg

Oct 27, 2017

Love Holo!
Might have to do that at this point.

The couple of seasons we got were so good.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
It turns out this got initially funded through Kickstarter.

Why do Lawrence and Holo look so much more childlike in this game's art style?

Holo looked more adult in the anime.

It is offputting. That said both the original and original artist for this series are behind every decision on this. I can only assume the character designer had certain limitations to deal with in translating their work into digital art.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
It turns out this got initially funded through Kickstarter.

It is offputting. That said both the original and original artist for this series are behind every decision on this. I can only assume the character designer had certain limitations to deal with in translating their work into digital art.
I guess so, but I'd be lying if this didn't make things look creepier than they should be otherwise.

Jan 2, 2018

Love Holo!

I really loved the Anime, I was so sad about the lack of a third season :/
I should really buy those novels...

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Labo VR is an ugly way for a great show to make a reappearance.
Don't worry the original plan was to release this on Oculus and Vive. Other VR platforms got support later on.

When you think about it a visual style like Spice and Wolf is the best way to present Labo itself as a viable platform. Everyone keeps on saying how good the graphics are with the Labo Kit software unlike BOTW and Odyssey and Spice and Wolf has that clean simple look that is much closer to Labo software than Odyssey did.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
If Nintendo really wants in the VR market. They need to at least introduce a headstrap or have third parties officially make one.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry the original plan was to release this on Oculus and Vive. Other VR platforms got support later on.

When you think about it a visual style like Spice and Wolf is the best way to present Labo itself as a viable platform. Everyone keeps on saying how good the graphics are with the Labo Kit software unlike BOTW and Odyssey and Spice and Wolf has that clean simple look that is much closer to Labo software than Odyssey did.

I'll probably end up buying tis twice. Once for the NS and Labo VR and another for my Oculus Quest. I imagine that the experience will be largely the same on both, but for some reason I really like the look of the Labo visuals over the Quest, so I'm gonna go with both. I made a strap for my Labo VR headset as well. I really want to see more devs jump on this. I figure the best way I'm gonna get more of the games I like to play in VR is for the Labo/Nintendo VR thing to take off. Seems like they want it to, so I'm down with this. I doubt many Japanese devs are gonna jump on the Oculus train...which kinda sucks.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably end up buying tis twice. Once for the NS and Labo VR and another for my Oculus Quest. I imagine that the experience will be largely the same on both, but for some reason I really like the look of the Labo visuals over the Quest, so I'm gonna go with both. I made a strap for my Labo VR headset as well. I really want to see more devs jump on this. I figure the best way I'm gonna get more of the games I like to play in VR is for the Labo/Nintendo VR thing to take off. Seems like they want it to, so I'm down with this. I doubt many Japanese devs are gonna jump on the Oculus train...which kinda sucks.
That's pretty wild. I couldn't double dip like that.

Personally now that this is becoming a thing I hope there is a Skyrim and LA Noire vr announcement for existing games and Superhot in the future.