jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
This patch will be live at 1AM PST / 10AM CET / 6PM KST. Please restart your Xbox after the patch goes live to get the update.

Here are the first of many Xbox-focused patch notes to come:

Gameplay

• Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
UI/UX

• Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
  • Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
  • UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
Character

• Tweaked hair color options
Animation

• Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
  • Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
  • Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
  • Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
Others

• First pass visual and performance improvements
  • Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
  • Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish,(Spain/Mexico)
  • Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
  • Keyboard functionality is disabled
Bug Fixes

• Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
  • Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
  • Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
  • Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
  • Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
  • Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
  • Fixed typo in the controller guide
  • Other minor fixes
Thank you again from all of us at the team.

See you in-game,

The PUBG Development and Community Team

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/134575-xbox-game-preview-patch-notes-1/

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map

Thank the fucking Lord.

I havent had one crash

Some others have been. We're playing a pre-final game. There will be a variety of use-cases, many of them involving disruptive issues that won't be consistent for all players. I've only had one crash in my ~10 hours with it, and it let me re-join my progress, but there's no way in heck everyone's gonna have the same experience.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Excited it's seeing support already. It was never "unplayable" for me (as some people put it) but the performance definitely irks me. Even on One X.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These are all that matter:

• First pass visual and performance improvements
  • Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
I live in hope.

Am I correct in assuming that Preview games partially bypass the normal certification process?

It would be safe to assume that MS have given them some kind of special dispensation when it comes to rolling out patches.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Am I correct in assuming that Preview games partially bypass the normal certification process?

QA is mostly separate from cert. They have the same access/priority requirements from cert, but otherwise the QA is basically open to the dev. My understanding is that patching is more flexible for Game Preview titles. The refund policies are expanded, and normally there's a three (?) hour free preview of the game to let you assess it before buying. PUBG is supposed to be getting that once the server load levels out.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
So one week in and we get our first patch. That is good. Hopefully we get a weekly updates going forward or even every other week. I am sure they will have hot fixes as well if something goes awry with an update. I have had a few other "Game Preview" games and updates are pretty frequent..I would assume with popularity and the scrutiny this game is under that they are going to push to fix things and improve things on a steady pace.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I mean were people expecting this to catch up to the pc version in a week? Some of the comments on this forum surrounding this game have blown my mind.

Yeah, it is a shame that some comments are so out there that it is almost laughable. Game Preview and how it is described should of shocked no one when it came out. As I said, I have had like 3-4 Game Preview games and even with the issues PUBG has it is way better than some of the others when they launched. This game is going to continue to have scrutiny no matter what because of "reasons".

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
For all of the Xbox friends: As a PC PUBGer, get ready to comb posts and streams learning about random minor stuff that they didn't include in the patch notes.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Good that they're still pushing out updates this year. I feared we'd have to wait until next year.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wheres the fix for crashing every game?

Will take time I'm guessing, and will prob be part of performance fixes. If the crashes are really bugging you if recommend asking MS for a refund or just taking a break from PUBG. Hopefully within 2-3 months they'll have ironed out a lot of the more major annoyances like crashes.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Always love this kind of reply. Whether it's true or not aside. It's as if saying Y'all lying! Y'all with your agenda!

For real lol. It obviously isn't happening to anyone else *rolls eyes*

If it doesn't crash more than 4 times during my two hour game sessions I consider that a good night.