• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Heigl is also notoriously hard to work with as well, right? Or am I thinking of another actor?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
No, you're right. She and her mom/manager are very difficult to work with. There's a reason why she could only do cat litter commercials for a while.
Ha, had no idea about the cat litter. Gonna have to look that up later and check for video. I'm kind of surprised when actors get jobs when being know to be hard to work with. She doesn't seem like a big draw. What I know her for best is her CBS show dying incredibly quick

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, had no idea about the cat litter. Gonna have to look that up later and check for video. I'm kind of surprised when actors get jobs when being know to be hard to work with. She doesn't seem like a big draw. What I know her for best is her CBS show dying incredibly quick
When she was on Grey's, she was a draw. When Shonda kicked her out on her ass, her star power plummeted.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
So strange, what happened last week?

The Flash and Black Lightning rose to about the mid-season premiere numbers

Fast-Demo-2018-Jan-30.TUE_.png
Fuck, what happened to Lethal Weapon?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Look at the movies she did pre-and post-Grey's. Almost every one in production since she was fired bombed. Meanwhile, Knocked Up and 27 Dresses both made bank.
Not to mention that when she was out promoting Knocked Up, she was straight-up trashing the movie, making the people who worked on it and other Apatow-related projects not wanting to work with her ever again.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, Julian Fellowes' "The Gilded Age" is finally going to debut in 2019. Logline in bold.
Julian Fellowes' long-gestating period drama The Gilded Age has gotten a 10-episode order at NBC for premiere in 2019.

NBC tapped the Downton Abbey creator to create and executive produce The Gilded Age — a sweeping fictional epic of the millionaire titans of New York City in the 1880s — in 2012. But with Downton, produced by NBCUniversal-owned Carnival Films, being a big global hit and Fellowes writing every episode of the intricate period drama, Gilded Age was put on the back burner, with NBC and Universal TV executive giving the Oscar and Emmy winner carte blanche to come work on the NBC series when he is ready/done with Downton. The series wrapped in 2015.

NBC brass had remained optimistic, with NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt saying in 2015, "I think he's at a point now where he's able to start developing and writing our new show."

To write The Gilded Age'is the fulfillment of a personal dream," Fellowes said. "I have been fascinated by this period of American history for many years and now NBC has given me the chance to bring it to a modern audience. I could not be more excited and thrilled. The truth is, America is a wonderful country with a rich and varied history, and nothing could give me more pleasure than be the person to bring that compelling history to the screen."

The Gilded Age in 1880s New York City was a period of immense social upheaval, of huge fortunes made and lost, and of palaces that spanned the length of Fifth Avenue. In the series, Marian Brook is the wide-eyed young scion of a conservative family who will embark on infiltrating the wealthy neighboring family dominated by ruthless railroad tycoon George Russell, his rakish and available son Larry, and his ambitious wife Bertha, whose "new money" is a barrier to acceptance by the Astor and Vanderbilt set. Marian is about to experience a whole new world springing up right outside her front door.
I remember reading about this show what felt like a couple years ago. I can't believe it's been 7 years since then, and I especially can't believe that NBC gave Fellowes all this time to get to to work on it. This kind of deal must be pretty rare now. I can really only imagine either Sam Esmail or Shonda Rhimes getting this kind of contract by a network.

Anyway, watch this show become a huge bomb and be the first cancellation of the season.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Never watched Grey's but heard the stories of how Katherine Heigl got nominated for an Emmy but then withdrew her name blaming poor writing. It's like she went out of her way to be a jerk to the crew.

I'm glad her career has been struggling lately.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Never watched Grey's but heard the stories of how Katherine Heigl got nominated for an Emmy but then withdrew her name blaming poor writing. It's like she went out of her way to be a jerk to the crew.

Hahahaha holy shit, I forgot about that as well. She's a pill.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017

Suits and Mr Robot already have. Probably Damnation too, but that show put me to sleep.

I think there was one Mr. Robot episode last year that definitely hit 7-10 fuck's in one episode. I fell like they got really liberal with it.

I was shocked though when FEUD had "cunt". Now that's something I haven't heard outside of premium channels.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random question, what do you all think Netflix will do with "Arrested Development" Season 5?

The Tambor accusations came out after Season 5 was said and done, so what do you think Netflix will do?

Way I see it, three roads lie ahead:

1) Postpone their internal release to some anomalous point in the future, so Hurwitz can either edit around Tambor or reshoot a significant portion of the season to avoid Tambor.
2) Wait for the Tambor accusations to die down and then release it. But then, this leads to the accusations coming back, Netflix being labeled awful words, and definitely some talent to leave their list of partners.
3) Not air it. This also seems unlikely because you'll have wasted tens of millions of dollars on one of your crown jewels that'll never see the light of day

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Seal Team is weird in that they are supposed to be a close knit team, but there are just random extras as a part of the team because they don't have enough main characters. It's like the extras are redshirts, except they can't die because then it'd make the team look bad at their jobs.

lol, they even give the extras wives and families. It's like there should be a spinoff show about the guys who never get to say a word on this show.

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Random question, what do you all think Netflix will do with "Arrested Development" Season 5?

The Tambor accusations came out after Season 5 was said and done, so what do you think Netflix will do?

1) Postpone their internal release to some anomalous point in the future, so Hurwitz can either edit around Tambor or reshoot a significant portion of the season to avoid Tambor.
2) Wait for the Tambor accusations to die down and then release it. But then, this leads to the accusations coming back, Netflix being labeled awful words, and definitely some talent to leave their list of partners.
3) Not air it. This also seems unlikely because you'll have wasted tens of millions of dollars on one of your crown jewels that'll never see the light of day
Get Christopher Plumber and not mention the casting change.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017

They should blur out his face and make it something to do with contractual obligations with the storyline. That would solve everything.

But part of me thinks they'll just release it as is and weather the storm.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

I would bet on nothing. They'll say the actions were done outside the purview of Netflix, that they were relatively minor, that the project was completed before anything was known, and that they'll reconsider or nix his involvement in any additional Arrested Development material. At this point we don't even know if anything is changing with his role on Transparent. He claimed to quit and then that was walked back and last we heard it was all up in the air.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I think there was one Mr. Robot episode last year that definitely hit 7-10 fuck's in one episode. I fell like they got really liberal with it.

I was shocked though when FEUD had "cunt". Now that's something I haven't heard outside of premium channels.

I somehow didn't even notice that episode of Mr Robot. Must have just blended in easily to me. I do recall years ago when TBS wasn't serious about making good series they had a show Sullivan and Son that had the word 'shit' in it and that shocked me cause I didn't hear it on basic cable before. Also on Grownish on FreeForm cause I didn't with that channel was okay with that language. What changes what they can say on non-premium cable? FCC restrictions on TV loosening?

Also recall that Smallville had an accidental f-bomb that seemed to skip by. That was a real surprise lol

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
TVLine finally confirmed 'Still Star-Crossed' was the dumpster fire that ABC wanted to dump before it aired. Didn't work in keeping Shonda.

Is that coincidental with Heigl's behavior back then or did Shonda have that much clout already?
Rhimes didn't have that clout because Heigl still got Knocked Up. It is just that if you keep insulting the fans of your most popular works, those fans stop watching and your star power fades. Because even after Rhimes and Apatow, Heigl still got big roles. They didn't get her blacklisted. They just refused to bring her back on any of their works. TR Knight on the other hand, him I really thought was blacklisted.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I somehow didn't even notice that episode of Mr Robot. Must have just blended in easily to me. I do recall years ago when TBS wasn't serious about making good series they had a show Sullivan and Son that had the word 'shit' in it and that shocked me cause I didn't hear it on basic cable before. Also on Grownish on FreeForm cause I didn't with that channel was okay with that language. What changes what they can say on non-premium cable? FCC restrictions on TV loosening?

Also recall that Smallville had an accidental f-bomb that seemed to skip by. That was a real surprise lol
Has nothing to do with the FCC since it's cable. It's just a matter of what audiences and advertisers will tolerate.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I don't watch Suits anymore or I'd have a serious problem, I truly hate when the stations renew tv shows even when the key cast members have left.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I only watched the first two seasons of Suits. It wasn't good enough for me to make the time for it and I think I only stayed that long because it was shot here.

Did the CW shows get delayed for NCAA basketball in a lot of markets last night? My PVR had to record them twice because of that. I guess that means the overnight ratings will be really off for those today.

Oct 27, 2017

She wasn't nominated, she withdrew her name from consideration. She wasn't wrong about the writing though, her season two storyline was basically one long character assassination.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
FCC doesn't touch cable. It's all about pleasing the advertisers.

Has nothing to do with the FCC since it's cable. It's just a matter of what audiences and advertisers will tolerate.
Oh, had no idea. So technically they could have done this way sooner if advertisers had said it was okay. So the reason it is changing now is because these days advertisers are (mostly?) okay with it.

TVLine finally confirmed 'Still Star-Crossed' was the dumpster fire that ABC wanted to dump before it aired. Didn't work in keeping Shonda.

Rhimes didn't have that clout because Heigl still got Knocked Up. It is just that if you keep insulting the fans of your most popular works, those fans stop watching and your star power fades. Because even after Rhimes and Apatow, Heigl still got big roles. They didn't get her blacklisted. They just refused to bring her back on any of their works. TR Knight on the other hand, him I really thought was blacklisted.
Gotcha. So it was just her screwing herself over completely, not with the help of any creator/director/writer.

Watching it weekly as it aired I recall watching a scene where it was kind of quiet in the background. If I recall correctly it was a scene in one episode where there are three teens standing near a pickup truck that blew up. The noise of the explosion was far and away the loudest part but very small in the backward it seems one of the guys said "Oh fuck". My brother and I looked at each other and apparently he heard it too. Unless we both mistook "Oh truck" for "Oh fuck". Always a chance there was a mistake but now I want to try and find it during the series again. Now that I write it out I'm feeling like I made a mistake but I swear I heard it lol.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
They should blur out his face and make it something to do with contractual obligations with the storyline. That would solve everything.
I can totally see them doing that in post-production and making it a season-long joke. Have Ron Howard explain why the blurry face is there (let's say, because someone is out to get him or something) and BAM! you have a recurring gag.

Also, here's Wednesday night's ratings. 9-1-1 continuing to do well for Fox. Maybe they should pair it with Brooklyn Nine-Nine as a lead-in and call it a "Brooklyn Nine-Nine-9-1-1 night":

Fast-Demo-2018-Jan-31.WED_.png

Last edited:

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
BOO! that idea!

What happened to Riverdale... again

Are folks just gonna wait for summer to catch-up again?

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
J.J. Abrams Sci-Fi Drama 'Demimonde' Lands At HBO With Series Order
HBO has nabbed the hot spec script by J.J. Abrams with a series pickup. The drama hails from Warner Bros. TV and Abrams' studio-based Bad Robot Prods., and will be co-produced by HBO.

Titled Demimonde, the project is as an epic and intimate sci-fi fantasy drama. Source previously have described it as centered around a world's battle against a monstrous, oppressive force.

Abrams is executive producing with Bad Robot's Ben Stephenson. The project is expected to bring in a showrunner.

Status
Not open for further replies.