• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Reposting for new page:

Sunday night's ratings. Not sure if CBS had those really high ratings because of the NCAA Basketball Tournament or because of the Stormy Daniels hype (or maybe it was both?). Either way, they have to be giddy:

Fast-Demo-2018-Mar-25.SUN_.png

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
The 7:30 onward numbers would be the Stormy part.

60 Minutes are probably booking endless insane interviews with Cooper right now.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I would assume the original is the SD 4-3 aspect ratio as on the original TV run and on DVD, while the remastered is the 16-9 HD version from the Bluray. The 16-9 version was approved by David Simon

http://davidsimon.com/the-wire-hd-with-videos/
But hadn't they altered or censored something, or is it another show's remaster I'm thinking of? Weird that HBO have both up and not just the remastered one if all it does is bring it in HD and in 16:9 format.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish the state of the Arrow-verse shows would be announced. Pedowitz indicated at the beginning of January that they "weren't ready at that time, but would probably be a couple of weeks". I am quite certain they will all be renewed, but it would be nice to get confirmation. I wonder why it is taking so long this year.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Really wish the state of the Arrow-verse shows would be announced. Pedowitz indicated at the beginning of January that they "weren't ready at that time, but would probably be a couple of weeks". I am quite certain they will all be renewed, but it would be nice to get confirmation. I wonder why it is taking so long this year.

It's all because of the weird scheduling stuff about the post-midseason-break. The shows all came back at different times and some are closer to their finales than others. Flash is safe, Black Lightning is safe, Legends is safe. Arrow and Supergirl are the two ????s, and Supergirl isn't even airing right now.

And, while I hate to say it, I think they're waiting until the end of the season to announce it because they don't want people to completely stop watching iZombie before they pull the plug.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm willing to bet they're all coming back. They're 4 of the top 7 rated CW shows (5 of 7 if you count BL).

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
It's all because of the weird scheduling stuff about the post-midseason-break. The shows all came back at different times and some are closer to their finales than others. Flash is safe, Black Lightning is safe, Legends is safe. Arrow and Supergirl are the two ????s, and Supergirl isn't even airing right now.

And, while I hate to say it, I think they're waiting until the end of the season to announce it because they don't want people to completely stop watching iZombie before they pull the plug.

I'm pretty confident all are coming back, but would still be nice to see confirmation.

Stephen Amell has one year left on his contract after this season and they've already begun on next season's storyline, so I don't think Arrow is going anywhere. Supergirl would be the only one I would possibly question, but I still feel that will return. As Fuzzy indicated, they are CW's highest rated shows. I just find it a bit odd they haven't announced the renewals yet. You are probably right it's partly due to the weird scheduling.

And sad to see the state of iZombie, such a great show. You can tell McIver is truly enjoying her new 'role' each episode.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty confident all are coming back, but would still be nice to see confirmation.

Stephen Amell has one year left on his contract after this season and they've already begun on next season's storyline, so I don't think Arrow is going anywhere. Supergirl would be the only one I would possibly question, but I still feel that will return. As Fuzzy indicated, they are CW's highest rated shows.

Yeah. I don't think there's anything to worry about this year. Legends is doing consistently well critically and they're already openly talking about casting for next year with the Constantine contract signing. That's a sign of a network that's confident enough in a show to lock down an actor for a new season before they announce that season is even happening.

I would not be surprised if Arrow gets renewed, but my gut feeling is that next season will be its last. It's not doing well in the ratings, and it's been going for so long that at some point an ending makes sense, especially now that almost the entire core cast from season 1 has been written out except Oliver.

Supergirl...it really just depends on how much pull CBS still has on that show. If CBS wants the CW to keep going with it, they'll keep going with it. If CBS doesn't care, it really comes down to the ratings.

And I agree with you on iZombie. Such a fun little show. Rose is great, the whole cast is just having so much fun. I'd hate to see it go, but...I think it's time. :(

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
They are taking longer because they had to announce their Sunday extension. They will need more shows.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I don't think there's anything to worry about this year. Legends is doing consistently well critically and they're already openly talking about casting for next year with the Constantine contract signing. That's a sign of a network that's confident enough in a show to lock down an actor for a new season before they announce that season is even happening.

I would not be surprised if Arrow gets renewed, but my gut feeling is that next season will be its last. It's not doing well in the ratings, and it's been going for so long that at some point an ending makes sense, especially now that almost the entire core cast from season 1 has been written out except Oliver.

Supergirl...it really just depends on how much pull CBS still has on that show. If CBS wants the CW to keep going with it, they'll keep going with it. If CBS doesn't care, it really comes down to the ratings.

And I agree with you on iZombie. Such a fun little show. Rose is great, the whole cast is just having so much fun. I'd hate to see it go, but...I think it's time. :(

Just curious, but what is your definition of 'core cast'? Do you mean from the first episode? There are still quite a bit from 1st season. Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards and Katie Cassidy. Sure, she's not the original Laurel any longer, but the actress is still going. Also, Even though Arrow hasn't been as strong as it used to be, I still enjoy it. Would hate to see it go, even after next season. But I do see what you are saying. However, if it does get cancelled in the near future, hopefully we would see guest appearances from the Arrow cast, especially during the crossover events.

On another note, not sure who has seen the recent episode of Black Lightning, but there was a reference of "Supergirl" made in the episode. It could just mean Supergirl from the comics/movies in their world, but I find it funny that they indicated that BL would not be part of the Arrowverse. Could that be changing and maybe some foreshadowing? :)

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
No, I want one more season please, they should announce it as the final season and let the writers wrap it up, it'll probably end on a cliffhanger otherwise. :(

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
On another note, not sure who has seen the recent episode of Black Lightning, but there was a reference of "Supergirl" made in the episode. It could just mean Supergirl from the comics/movies in their world, but I find it funny that they indicated that BL would not be part of the Arrowverse. Could that be changing and maybe some foreshadowing? :)

I get the feeling the crossover is coming sooner rather than later. Next season for sure.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, that is exactly 60 days after season 2 of ODAT went live on netflix, wonder what that means for Altered Carbon (Feb 2nd) and Everything Sucks (Feb 16th) although Queer Eye premiered Feb 7th and got renewed today too. So confusing!

I wonder if they're going to do a similar panel/upfront kind of thing they did last winter/spring. It was a bunch of panels and renewal announcements when it happened. Maybe they'll hold another one soon, closer to the upfront stuff in late April and May.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Just curious, but what is your definition of 'core cast'? Do you mean from the first episode? There are still quite a bit from 1st season. Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards and Katie Cassidy. Sure, she's not the original Laurel any longer, but the actress is still going. Also, Even though Arrow hasn't been as strong as it used to be, I still enjoy it. Would hate to see it go, even after next season. But I do see what you are saying. However, if it does get cancelled in the near future, hopefully we would see guest appearances from the Arrow cast, especially during the crossover events.

The Vixen one seems more important. The Supergirl you could still see as mom making fun of her daughter. The Vixen one really confirms she is real.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
The Vixen one seems more important. The Supergirl you could still see as mom making fun of her daughter. The Vixen one really confirms she is real.

There was a reference to Supergirl from Vixen? I missed that one, I was referring to the one said by Lynn (mom).

What part of the episode was the reference made from Vixen?

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
!!!!!
Starz Greenlights 'Now Apocalypse' Comedy Series From 'Kaboom's Gregg Araki & Steven Soderbergh
Starz has given the green light to half-hour comedy series Now Apocalypse from Gregg Araki (Kaboom, Mysterious Skin) and Steven Soderbergh (The Knick).

Co-written by Araki, who also directs, and Vogue.com sex columnist Karley Sciortino, Now Apocalypse is described as a sexy, vibrant and fast-moving series that has a flipside of mythic, dreamlike creepiness. The 10-episode half-hour surreal, coming-of-age comedy series follows Ulysses and his friends Carly, Ford and Severine, who are on various quests pursing love, sex and fame. Now Apocalypse explores identity, sexuality and artistry, while navigating the strange and oftentimes bewildering city of Los Angeles. Between sexual and romantic dating app adventures, Ulysses grows increasingly troubled as foreboding premonitory dreams make him wonder – is some kind of dark and monstrous conspiracy going on, or is he just smoking too much weed?
Look I know Araki can be bit of an acquired taste but dammit I love his films so this is hype!

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
There was a reference to Supergirl from Vixen? I missed that one, I was referring to the one said by Lynn (mom).

What part of the episode was the reference made from Vixen?
No, the line before the Supergirl one was a reference to Vixen. The youngest daughter feared for a moment her mom would reveal she was Vixen.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna like the Lego part. Also grew up with a few Transformers toys but not a lot. I should probably check out the first season.

[edit] og damn, I see S1 ain't even done yet.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
oh shit, for real? so this renewal is on top of part 2? sweet

Lego <3

Yup! More stuff on top of it! There's sooo many things they can cover that were huge and iconic at the time... Pokemon... Thundercats... Cabbage Patch... Polly Pocket/Mighty Max... I just hope the show keeps getting its views to keep pumping out more eps!

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

CW is generally good about doing "final seasons" for their longer running shows, even if truncated a bit. I don't see any way that Arrow doesn't come back for a victory lap.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
CW is generally good about doing "final seasons" for their longer running shows, even if truncated a bit. I don't see any way that Arrow doesn't come back for a victory lap.

Yeah. I would be shocked if Arrow got straight-up shut down. They'd at least give it a farewell season, especially since it helped create the DCTVU. They owe it (and Amell) that much.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
No, the line before the Supergirl one was a reference to Vixen. The youngest daughter feared for a moment her mom would reveal she was Vixen.

Oh right, completely forgot Vixen is the original totem wielder on LoT.

It should be interesting what happens next season. I agree with PlanetSmasher in we probably will get a crossover next season with BL included. They couldn't be throwing both those names in there for no reason.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw an article that pretty much confirmed that the Channel 4/AMC comedy series 'Loaded' has been cancelled. Not at all a surprise given how poorly it performed in both the UK and US, but I hadn't seen an announcement so I was thinking maybe it had a small chance of coming back. It's a shame because it was a nice show (basically Silicon Valley but the plot starts after they've already sold their app and become super rich) that proved that there's no reason to keep the Silicon Valley gang trapped in an endless cycle of "almost succeed -> almost fail -> almost succeed -> almost fail" because there is a show to be had about a group of "friends" who find themselves drowning in overwhelming success in the tech sector.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Was One Day At at Time really ever in jeopardy though? I think fans were just anxious that Netflix wouldn't renew it is all.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the co-creator was literally begging people to get others to watch four episodes:

But Netflix doesn't release numbers not even to the producers/writers I think, so this could have been a better be save than sorry situation and not a plea to save the show from an actual cancellation threat.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
But Netflix doesn't release numbers not even to the producers/writers I think, so this could have been a better be save than sorry situation and not a plea to save the show from an actual cancellation threat.
They don't give specific numbers but producers certainly have a rough idea of how happy Netflix may or may not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.