• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being relevant again after 20 years with a successful show and fucking it all up because you can't resist saying vile and bigoted shit on twitter.

This is the most satisfying cancellation of the season. I'm a bit surprised that ABC actually did it though given just how successful it was.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I feel sorry for everyone else that just lost their jobs in an instant because she's a piece of shit. All of them were probably having a good day until this gut punch.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
What is surprising is that the show actually wasn't a bad reboot at all. Very liberal, pretty much what it always was.

Instead of cancelling, just kill of Roseanne and center it around Dan and Jackie.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Wow, holy shit balls I really didn't think ABC would go through with it. Good on them, though I wonder if Iger went fucking nuclear about it given the potential international damage.

That'll be a good TV pub quiz question a decade from now.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Did you even watch the show? it was very progressive. Seriously, so many haters that didn't even watch it. It wasn't as advertised.
Yeah, it was essentially the same as the old show. Makes sense, just because one of the actors is a shithat, doesn't really mean the writing of the show is bad. Countless examples of that.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Now that Roseanne is cancelled ABC has a slot to renew Designated Survivor! Lol
They only cancelled two half-hour comedies before Roseanne, Alex Inc and The Mayor (The Middle doesn't count because it was ending). They didn't even air all of The Mayor episodes so Zach Braff is having a bit of fun hoping it's a reversal on Alex Inc.

Nov 8, 2017
Did you even watch the show? it was very progressive. Seriously, so many haters that didn't even watch it. It wasn't as advertised.

It really doesn't matter, it was the person, and kudos to ABC for kicking it to the curb.

Would you watch a 'very progressive' show featuring Tucker Carlson in the main role? Or Ann Coulter? I wouldn't, regardless of how the show was written.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time someone fucked up so badly they got a show pulled form syndication?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

So is the show being pulled from syndication too?

Well damn.

I think this blind item is about Lethal Weapon but I could be wrong. Anyone think it could be something else?
http://blindgossip.com/?p=91916

When you fire one problem actor from a TV show and replace him with another… you'd better make darn sure that your replacement isn't capable of his own kind of trouble!

They had to get rid of [Actor 1] because he was uninsurable. That's what it all boiled down to. Do they even realize that [Actor 2] has his own insurance problems? The year before he went to rehab, he was swearing that he didn't do any drugs or alcohol. What a joke. Typical lying addict. Then he went to rehab. What are they going to do when people start talking, claim it was for "anxiety"?

We did know about Actor 2's rehab stint, but we have no idea if he is currently sober or not.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking Roseanne. :(

I still stand by my comments in other thread about the fact that there really isn't a show, either in the 90s or really today, that has shown poverty or the lower middle class or whatever you want to call that socioeconomic group as well or as honestly as this show, but even I can't really say anything to defend her now.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That's wild. Hopefully there's time for the crew to move to different shows, if this happened a few months later they'd be really screwed.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Imagine being relevant again after 20 years with a successful show and fucking it all up because you can't resist saying vile and bigoted shit on twitter.

This is the most satisfying cancellation of the season. I'm a bit surprised that ABC actually did it though given just how successful it was.
High paying advertisers don't want to be associated with this controversy no matter the ratings, and ABC doesn't want nor need cash for gold trash.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god. I just realized that now Bill Maher is probably going to rant about SJWs and PC culture ruining careers again.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking Roseanne. :(

I still stand by my comments in other thread about the fact that there really isn't a show, either in the 90s or really today, that has shown poverty or the lower middle class or whatever you want to call that socioeconomic group as well or as honestly as this show, but even I can't really say anything to defend her now.
Roseanne is pretty far from that, really. Much better depictions of poverty exist.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Roseanne is pretty far from that, really. Much better depictions of poverty exist.
I mean, what? Shameless?

There are a few obvious British examples that come to mind, particularly because The Royle Family is basically British Roseanne.

Turner brought up The Middle, but they're not poor. They're TV poor, which means their poverty only matters when the writers need it to use it for a gag. 2018 Roseanne is still on food stamps.

Oct 25, 2017
If only there was technology that could just blur her out of the show so the show could at least remain on sites. sad for the kid actors who were having their break out successes from the show.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Rosanne being pulled from syndication is basically the ultimate kiss of death, the show is done and thrown into the void.

Status
Not open for further replies.