Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
As much as I love Jane the Virgin it's definitely not popular enough to support a spinoff, especially with such a similar name.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCY DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW BIIIIIIIIIITCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-May-07.TUE_.png

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
different Nancy Drew pilot commissioned by a different network, though you may already know that.

That CBS pilot from a few years ago also had her as a 30-something NYPD detective, which raised the question of why you'd bother slapping the Nancy Drew IP on it in the first place.
I honestly couldn't remember, I just know the property in general has been bouncing around for years, often with a diverse lead.

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
Cobie Smulders P.I. Drama Based On 'Stumptown' Graphic Novels Gets ABC Series Order
ABC has handed its first new drama series pickup to one of its buzziest pilots, Untitled Cobie Smulders (fka Stumptown), a graphic novels adaptation headlined by the Avengers co-star.

The Cobie Smulders pilot was written by Richman and directed by James Griffiths. Based on the Stumptown graphic novel series, it follows Dex Parios (Smulders) as a strong, assertive, and sharp-witted army veteran with a complicated love life, gambling debt, and a brother to take care of in Portland, Oregon. Her military intelligence skills make her a great P.I., but her unapologetic style puts her in the firing line of hardcore criminals and not quite in alliance with the police.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Wrapped-up watching Halt and Catch Fire (omfg that ending). I dislike being at the whims of internet bandwidth for series I like, so try and get everything on BR or DVD, and I notice there's only the first two seasons on physical media. Anyone know if the third and fourth seasons are getting a BR or DVD release?

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Interactive Special Set at Netflix
Three months after wrapping its four-season run on Netflix, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is returning.

The streamer on Wednesday announced that it was reteaming with creators Tina Fey and Robert Carlock for an interactive special featuring stars Ellie Kemper, Tituss Burgess, Jane Krakowski and Carol Kane. The special is similar to Netflix's Black Mirror "Bandersnatch" episode in that viewers will be able to make choices for the characters.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I haven't even watched the last episodes, heh.

Netflix spams so much stuff every week that I kind of just forget about things. Huh.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
hey, RatskyWatsky this is how you sell me on the garbage u watch.
(j/k I was so in on it already but TNT are gonna TNT and it's still not on any streaming service here)

I don't know where you live or what services are like there but Hulu has season 1. And I've just very recently discovered that the TNT app has Claws. BUT it cycles between the first and second half of season 2. So you can watch season 2 episodes 1 through 5 on the TNT app and then wait until it cycles to episodes 6 through 10 and then be caught up for season 3 in June. At least I think it is June.

RatskyWatsky and Aiii have been pushing the show so hard that I want to give it a shot. And also because once upon a time I had it on my DVR but deleted the whole thing cause I couldn't be bothered at the time. I'm going to start on season 1 this weekend on Hulu. This better be worth it from all the stuff I have been hearing.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Billions is good, but I feel like it's going through the motions lately. I always wondered after the stellar first season how they'd keep the story going, and the answer is each season gets weaker than the last.

I don't agree, though this season has been less "must see TV" and more "I like these characters so I'll watch"

It'll never be the same as Chuck vs. Axe.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where you live or what services are like there but Hulu has season 1. And I've just very recently discovered that the TNT app has Claws. BUT it cycles between the first and second half of season 2. So you can watch season 2 episodes 1 through 5 on the TNT app and then wait until it cycles to episodes 6 through 10 and then be caught up for season 3 in June. At least I think it is June.

RatskyWatsky and Aiii have been pushing the show so hard that I want to give it a shot. And also because once upon a time I had it on my DVR but deleted the whole thing cause I couldn't be bothered at the time. I'm going to start on season 1 this weekend on Hulu. This better be worth it from all the stuff I have been hearing.
Nordics, and TNT puts fuck all of their shows on any streaming service. They barely even put them on cable as is, I genuinely have no idea what their business model is.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Nordics, and TNT puts fuck all of their shows on any streaming service. They barely even put them on cable as is, I genuinely have no idea what their business model is.
That is pretty odd. I would think that they would want to be available more on streaming services. Unless this is some effort to get people onto stuff that they own? The barely putting them on cable is absolutely bizarre to me though. Can't imagine why.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

Yeah I tried to add I Am the Night to my PS Vue to grab on demand versions, but nothing came up. Not sure how to watch it now.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I don't agree, though this season has been less "must see TV" and more "I like these characters so I'll watch"

It'll never be the same as Chuck vs. Axe.
Re Billions,

- I get that Chuck and Axe resolved their differences mostly because they both love Wendy, but all of a sudden they're friends and allies doing big favors for each other. Seems a bit much.
- Jock Jeffcoat is a caricature.
- Taylor is great, but as you implied Taylor vs Axe is no Chuck vs Axe.
- Connerty, in the blink of an eye he's gone from Goody Two Shoes to corrupt and after 4 seasons his character is still no more explained or nuanced than, "I'm Chuck's enemy."
- The S&M secret from the very first ep resolved really fast and clean, for Chuck professionally I mean, and didn't feel believable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.