• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'Wynonna Earp' Future In Limbo As Season 4 Production Is Delayed By IDW
One of Syfy's series with most devoted following, Wynonna Earp, appears to be in danger despite the July announcement at Comic-Con that it has been renewed by the NBCU cable network for a fourth season.
The attention initially focused on Syfy, which was quick to express its full support for the series.

"Syfy ordered Season 4 of Wynonna Earp from IDW and is completely committed to the series. This has not changed," the network said in a statement, declining further comment.

For Syfy, Wynonna Earp is an acquired series and the network has no control over it. The drama comes from IDW Entertainment, which also has sold it to a number of other networks, including Space in Canada, in addition to an SVOD deal with Netflix.

I hear IDW Entertainment has indicated that it is experiencing financial difficulties, running a deficit, and cannot proceed with production on a fourth season at this time.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
It's made for TV film so it counts dammit:

Leslye Headland, Will Ferrell And Red Wagon Team At HBO Films For FIFA Hustler Story 'American Huckster'
Leslye Headland (Russian Doll) is rewriting to direct for HBO Films a picture based on American Huckster: How Chuck Blazer Got Rich from-and Sold Out-the Most Powerful Cabal in World Sports. Will Ferrell is attached to star as Blazer, a hustler from Queens who managed to wheel and deal his way to the top of FIFA, the governing body of soccer—and the most powerful and corrupt sports organization in the world.
I am very much into this

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So Maggie Lawson's new Fox show sounds like Malcom in the Middle except there's three geniuses and one averge kid this time. I want her to see success post-Psych, but it just hasn't been going her way.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Feb-22.FRI_.png

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Proven Innocent is getting slaughtered. It's getting sub-Speechless ratings on the second episode.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
What have people been saying about Lauren Cohen's new show, Whiskey Cavalier? I'm tempted to watch it because I like her, but it looks like something that could be really bad.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
'Gremlins' Animated Series in the Works at WarnerMedia Streaming Service
A "Gremlins" animated series is in development at WarnerMedia's upcoming streaming service, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

The potential series is said to be a period piece that would follow Mr. Wing, the Chinese grandfather played in the films by Keye Luke, as a young man as he goes on adventures with the friendly Mogwai Gizmo. The series will be produced by Warner Bros. Television and Amblin Television. Both Warner Bros. and Amblin produced the films on which the show will be based.
Tze Chun is attached to write and executive produce. He is known for writing and directing films like 2013's "Cold Comes the Night" starring Bryan Cranston and 2009's "Children of Invention. Chun's TV credits include shows like "Gotham" and "Once Upon a Time." He is also the co-founder of comic book publisher TKO Studios.
🤷‍♂️

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Since there's a demand for TV focused podcasts around here, wanted to note that "The Watch" with Andy Greenwald and Chris Ryan did a Spring preview episode last week, and they discuss a number of upcoming tv shows (plus movies). They also briefly delve into Amazon's strange security statement regarding their upcoming LOTR show.

Our 2019 Anticipation Index and Why Amazon Is Keeping 'Lord of the Rings' Under Lock and Key
We break down the TV shows and movies we're most excited for in 2019, including Triple Frontier (6:11), Twilight Zone (10:18), and City on a Hill (23:40). Plus, why is Amazon keeping the writers' room for Lord of the Rings under such strict lock and key (33:07)?

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Life in Pieces = April 18, since I saw several people wondering about it

Thanks!

I'm glad it's coming back but they are putting it out to die. They are airing two episodes every night it airs. There will be no chance for a season 5

Nope:

"The comedy's fourth season will kick off with two episodes, airing at 8:30 pm and 9:30 pm, before settling into its regular 9:30 time slot on Thursday, April 25 "

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Thanks!

Nope:

"The comedy's fourth season will kick off with two episodes, airing at 8:30 pm and 9:30 pm, before settling into its regular 9:30 time slot on Thursday, April 25 "

Niiiiiiiice

I still need to watch the last part of the third season on Netflix, and may rewatch the whole third season anyways. I kept getting messages during a few episodes.

Dec 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Thanks!

Nope:

Dont forget last year Life in pieces was a last minute renewal on may 12th. Two weeks will not be enough for them to decide to renew it. They are sending it out to die. I hope I'm wrong but most likely I'm not.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Dont forget last year Life in pieces was a last minute renewal on may 12th. Two weeks will not be enough for them to decide to renew it. They are sending it out to die. I hope I'm wrong but most likely I'm not.

Or it's seen as a safe show, while they are letting other new ones play out. Could also be that the cast is expensive if their contracts are up for renewal? Just spitballing.

Status
Not open for further replies.