• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I have a feeling all this eldritch stuff in Sabrina Season 3 will lead to fucking nothing and I will be terribly disapointed >_>

Give me my Cthulhu cowards!

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

TV in March 2020 - What are you watching?

Lots of good stuff this month from the looks of it! Enjoy! ~ Recent Highlights ~ Little America Medical Police Visible: Out on Television ~ March Sunday, 1 Babylon Berlin - Netflix Stateless - ABC Australia - 8:30/7:30c Axios - HBO - 6/5c Dispatches from Elsewhere - AMC - 10/9c...

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
tvline.com

Judge Judy to End After 25 Years

'Judge Judy' will end next year after 25 years, Judy Sheindlin has confirmed
Usually I'd hate but there has been a lot worse reality TV during that time like Jerry Springer and The Jersey Shore so I'm neutral about it ending.

Either way it's a good run. At least the cases were real (at least in most cases).

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Mar-01-SUN.png

Nov 8, 2017
Zoey's isn't getting out of a first season.

Which I have accepted and am at peace with.

Show is fantastic if you can get behind the premise.

This sounds so petty and weird but I'm going to write it out...

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist ticks all my boxes. I saw an ad for it (who hasn't lol) and went to watch it on Hulu. And saw it had a 40+ minute runtime per episode.

THIS SOUNDS SO PETTY AND WEIRD BUT I'M STILL GOING TO WRITE IT OUT!

The moment I saw that I decided not to watch. I sort of know the premise, but that feels like too long.

After writing that all out, I'm gonna watch it today. I feel dumb.

But I'm keeping this!

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist ticks all my boxes. I saw an ad for it (who hasn't lol) and went to watch it on Hulu. And saw it had a 40+ minute runtime per episode.

The moment I saw that I decided not to watch. I sort of know the premise, but that feels like too long.

But I'm keeping this!
Thats funny, runtimes can often make me want to drop something as well. I'm keeping up with it for the sake of it. I typically hate musical stuff, especially when so much time and focus is given to it. I always forget to set my DVR so I saw the pilot early online when they previewed it and have been keeping up on Hulu. But I kind of wish it was a 22 minute show. Once I start it and get into the episode I am fine, its just something about that time commitment ahead of time that makes me apprehensive about even bothering.

EDIT: Also, the opening theme always makes me think about AP Bio

Last edited:

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Zoey's isn't getting out of a first season. Which I have accepted and am at peace with.

Show is fantastic if you can get behind the premise.
Does anyone know how it's going on Hulu? That alone could save it from getting cancelled.

But I'm keeping this!
It's not THAT weird, all things considered. I have trouble slogging through 44 minute shows a lot of the time. That I was able to complete Part 1 of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix where each episode is about an hour long is an accomplishment for me.

So I totally understand where you're coming from.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I've said it in this thread before. The fact that Netflix has so many overly long episodes has and continues to actively turn me away from shows. I even find myself breathing a sigh of relief when I see a show with episodes of 30 minutes or less. Like seeing the first episode of "I Am Not Okay With This" at a 19 minute run time, it's the little things.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
40min is the norm for most/all dramas, it's not a Netflix thing. If you cant handle 40min eps, you cant handle any service / channel, not just Netflix.

Netflix's norm is 50+ which is awful in it's own way.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
40min is the norm for most/all dramas, it's not a Netflix thing. If you cant handle 40min eps, you cant handle any service / channel, not just Netflix.

Netflix's norm is 50+ which is awful in it's own way.
I doubt he means the 40 minute standard, Netflix keeps having episodes 55+ minutes long, and they drag.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017

This looks great. Probably a difficult watch but those are usually the most rewarding

On a personal note, and I figured some people here would appreciate this, I went out to dinner the other night and sat next to David Simon and some of the cast from the Deuce including Franco and Daniel Sauli. Through my work I've met a bunch of famous athletes and actors over the years but very few have left me star struck as Simon did. I spoke with him and Franco but David was the only one I cared about. He was unassuming and gracious and it was a pleasure to meet one of the best show runners of all time.

As an aside, Franco was wearing a leather jacket with a vampire air brushed on the back which felt like the most Franco piece of clothing one could come up with

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

AT&T Rolls Out New Hybrid OTT Service – AT&T TV – Nationwide

AT&T Monday launched its new over-the-top service AT&T TV nationwide.
AT&T Monday launched its new over-the-top service AT&T TV nationwide hoping the bundle of live channels, on-demand library and 500 hours of cloud DVR storage will fill a niche with consumers as it combines the feel and features of an OTT platform with the familiarity of a traditional TV subscription experience.

AT&T TV's live TV packages include sports news and easy access all streaming apps, including WarnerBros. sister service HBO Max when it launches in May, Netflix, Disney+ and others. AT&T TV comes with voice-controlled remote and Google Assistant built in – enabling viewer to "control everything from accessing a show, changing the room temperature, playing your favorite playlist or dimming the lights," the company said.
These are confusing times. AT&T TV stands alongside another product called AT&T TV Now, which is purely app-based but offers most of the same content. That service was previously called DirecTV Now, after AT&T's satellite broadcaster. DirecTV still has its traditional subscribers although the number is falling. So does AT&T U-Verse, the telco's original triple-play offering. A spokesman said the company is no longer attempting to build U-Verse. An integrated platform like AT&T TV offers the same packages and content plus an array of entertainment apps accessible without extra remotes and irritating inputs.
Jeremy O. Harris signs a 2-year deal with HBO, boards "Euphoria" as co-producer
Slave Play author and Zola co-writer Jeremy O. Harris has signed an overall deal at HBO.

The two-year pact will have Harris develop projects for the premium cable outlet — including a drama pilot based on his Yale Drama School graduate thesis, which he's executive producing along with A24. He'll also join season two of Euphoria as a co-producer.

"Jeremy is a singular talent whose groundbreaking work in the theatrical space has already revolutionized Broadway and we couldn't be more honored to expand the reach of his voice in television," said HBO Programming executive vp Francesca Orsi.

HBO will also help support Harris' theatre career: The deal includes a discretionary fund Harris can use to support theatrical works he will commission, enhance and produce for himself or others.

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
My limit for a show is 42 minutes

you need to be extremely premium television to justify a run time longer than that, and I can't think of anything from Netflix that has

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
This looks great. Probably a difficult watch but those are usually the most rewarding

On a personal note, and I figured some people here would appreciate this, I went out to dinner the other night and sat next to David Simon and some of the cast from the Deuce including Franco and Daniel Sauli. Through my work I've met a bunch of famous athletes and actors over the years but very few have left me star struck as Simon did. I spoke with him and Franco but David was the only one I cared about. He was unassuming and gracious and it was a pleasure to meet one of the best show runners of all time.

As an aside, Franco was wearing a leather jacket with a vampire air brushed on the back which felt like the most Franco piece of clothing one could come up with

:O

That's amazing!

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

But I'm keeping this!
I did the same thing for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. I loved the music parts for a few eps, but I couldn't stand the runtime, 44 minutes comedies are no go for me. So much of it felt like filler to me to get to the songs. I know people will hate me for that. I would go back eventually if there weren't 9 million other shows on tv.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Netflix cancels another: Marianne

bloody-disgusting.com

Netflix’s “Marianne” Will Not Be Returning for a Second Season

Sadly, another great show bites the dust. One of our favorite new horror projects of 2019 was Netflix‘s “Marianne,” a gripping eight episodes of television led by Victoire Du Bois. Charming, scary and emotional, the French series was the talk of the horror community when it hit the streaming...

Awesome show so I expected it to be canceled.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

bloody-disgusting.com

Sadly, another great show bites the dust. One of our favorite new horror projects of 2019 was Netflix‘s “Marianne,” a gripping eight episodes of television led by Victoire Du Bois. Charming, scary and emotional, the French series was the talk of the horror community when it hit the streaming...

I'm so fucking bummed

So Long, Marianne

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018

bloody-disgusting.com

2019-2020 Season TV Cancellations/Pilots: So Long, Marianne

It's right there.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017

bloody-disgusting.com

I've legit never even heard of this show. Netflix releases way too much stuff.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017

bloody-disgusting.com

Best show of last year and now it is gone. Assholes.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I've legit never even heard of this show. Netflix releases way too much stuff.

it had a lot of buzz about being ~the creepiest show ever~ and they were definitely trying to repeat the success of The Haunting of Hill House, but honestly the first episode felt a little too goofy for my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.