• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
I had a roughly $500 Black Friday online purchase that shipped FedEx. My whole family was out of town so I had a delivery hold in place. Add to it that the order required a signature.

The fuckers delivered it anyways. I came home to find it on my porch while Fedex is still holding the rest of my deliveries. I looked up the tracking number and the driver just made a little scribble on the signature pad to release it.

As others say, file a report. Get this dude! I hate to hear stories like this especially when there's delivery package theft on the rise.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Your reminder to avoid USPS at all costs, if you get a UPS SurePost package always pay the upgrade fee:

My Target order which was scheduled for delivery on Saturday, was delayed to Sunday with no reason given for the delay. And just now, was delayed to Monday with no reason given for the delay. The package has been "on time" since leaving Target. They just keep pushing back the delivery date because they're a bunch of lazy fucks who don't want to deliver a package on Sunday, even though they are literally supposed to deliver UPS packages on Sundays.

I'm not sure if there have been any deals recently but you can buy subscriptions to UPS My Choice and it'll automatically upgrade Surepost packages to Ground (if you choose).

Sometimes they practically give away the memberships.

This kind of shit happens around the holidays when you have a lot of temp drivers. I work at a small busineess' warehouse and we once had a FedEx driver leave 2000 dollars worth of material sitting by our locked entrance gate in December.

When I called to flip my shit they were like, well you signed for it.....which wasn't true as we weren't even in the office that day.

When they sent me the digital copy of "my signature" it was the same thing, a scribble on the notepad.

The last time I reported a driver for something (though not as severe) the crazy fucker showed up on my porch to confront and yell at me. It was bizarre, especially because he is my daily USPS driver and pretty easy to tame with yet another phone call.

But yeah I will. Honestly they are lucky I'm honest or it'd be missing.

gyRZmP1.jpg

My signature, apparently.

Last edited:

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I'm not sure if there have been any deals recently but you can buy subscriptions to UPS My Choice and it'll automatically upgrade Surepost packages to Ground (if you choose).

The last time I reported a driver for something (though not as severe) the crazy fucker showed up on my porch to confront and yell at me. It was bizarre, especially because he is my daily USPS driver and pretty easy to tame with yet another phone call.

gyRZmP1.jpg

Lmao looks like my signature tbh

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

gyRZmP1.jpg

The Dabbing Signature

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of GCU, my membership expired in June and they gave me a 25% off coupon but following the link just goes to an expired page.

Anyone else had that situation?

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Your reminder to avoid USPS at all costs, if you get a UPS SurePost package always pay the upgrade fee:

My Target order which was scheduled for delivery on Saturday, was delayed to Sunday with no reason given for the delay. And just now, was delayed to Monday with no reason given for the delay. The package has been "on time" since leaving Target. They just keep pushing back the delivery date because they're a bunch of lazy fucks who don't want to deliver a package on Sunday, even though they are literally supposed to deliver UPS packages on Sundays.
All my orders were handled by USPS or Fedex and everything came on time or early. A piano keyboard that was supposed come Wed came today and it's snowing. No idea about UPS though.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Maaan, I missed all the crash team racing $15 deals. Even Amazon had it for that price this morning and it's gone. :(

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Maaan, I missed all the crash team racing $15 deals. Even Amazon had it for that price this morning and it's gone. :(

Target has it for $15. You might want to see if your local store has it in stock. You can check online to see if it's available.

Feedback Request
OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're in the lull before Cyber Monday, I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone contributing and being helpful in a very successful thread about Black Friday deals. I know some will try to give me credit for it, but really, it's all of you who helped spot deals and helped others find them that goes well beyond just me alone. So thank you everyone.

Looking towards next year, does anyone have any suggestions on how things can improve next year? I think the number one priority will be creating Era's own spreadsheet to compare deals. I know CAG has one and it gets passed around here as well as I reference it in the OP, but I'd like to have something that we can call our own and that will allow us more control over the contents of it. I noticed some holes in CAG that I would have filled in if we had our own. I think the next thing I'm going to do is call it the Black Friday & Cyber Monday |OT| next year since there's always this question should we start a new thread or keep it here. Anyone have any objection to that or should we actually segregate to another thread to discuss Cyber Monday?

Other than those two things, any other feedback or things you'd like to see next year? Things that should be threadmarked? I'm writing up some notes now to remember things a year from now.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking towards next year, does anyone have any suggestions on how things can improve next year? I think the number one priority will be creating Era's own spreadsheet to compare deals
This is my only suggestion tbh. And maybe add movies to it. It was a great OT overall though.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Since we're in the lull before Cyber Monday, I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone contributing and being helpful in a very successful thread about Black Friday deals. I know some will try to give me credit for it, but really, it's all of you who helped spot deals and helped others find them that goes well beyond just me alone. So thank you everyone.

Looking towards next year, does anyone have any suggestions on how things can improve next year? I think the number one priority will be creating Era's own spreadsheet to compare deals. I know CAG has one and it gets passed around here as well as I reference it in the OP, but I'd like to have something that we can call our own and that will allow us more control over the contents of it. I noticed some holes in CAG that I would have filled in if we had our own. I think the next thing I'm going to do is call it the Black Friday & Cyber Monday |OT| next year since there's always this question should we start a new thread or keep it here. Anyone have any objection to that or should we actually segregate to another thread to discuss Cyber Monday?

Other than those two things, any other feedback or things you'd like to see next year? Things that should be threadmarked? I'm writing up some notes now to remember things a year from now.

Thank you and to everyone else who helped to contribute. Got a lot of sweet deals. For convenience, Black Friday and Cyber Monday should share a thread, at least in my opinion.

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
This is my only suggestion tbh. And maybe add movies to it. It was a great OT overall though.
There was a bluray deal spreadsheet made by the bluray forum here .
Is there any issue with using existing spreadsheets like the CAG and bluray ones? you'd be doing the same work for the same result, seems less efficient. Well I think another recommendation would be more threadmarks and reduancy. a price glitch and new sale post can be threadmarked and added to OP. stuff like deals that went up late friday and for cybermonday

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any issue with using existing spreadsheets like the CAG and bluray ones? you'd be doing the same work for the same result, seems less efficient. Well I think another recommendation would be more threadmarks and reduancy. a price glitch and new sale post can be threadmarked and added to OP. stuff like deals that went up late friday and for cybermonday

Mostly more control and not feeling odd about pasting someone else's work from a different community. There were some things I noticed about certain titles not listed or up to date and we'd have more control over how and when it gets updated. I'm already adding all the deals up to the OP anyway, so it's not that more to add it to a spreadsheet while I'm doing it. Once the framework is in place, updating is pretty trivial. I just couldn't put it together in time this year with the formatting.

I like your suggestion how to use threadmarks though. I didn't really utilize them this year, but I think next year is a good to highlight certain deals.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly more control and not feeling odd about pasting someone else's work from a different community. There were some things I noticed about certain titles not listed or up to date and we'd have more control over how and when it gets updated. I'm already adding all the deals up to the OP anyway, so it's not that more to add it to a spreadsheet while I'm doing it. Once the framework is in place, updating is pretty trivial. I just couldn't put it together in time this year with the formatting.

I like your suggestion how to use threadmarks though. I didn't really utilize them this year, but I think next year is a good to highlight certain deals.
If you do make the spreadsheet, do logos instead of the retailer's name. You can make the cells a lot smaller and easier to compare prices visually.
Here I did it with CAGs sheet

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
two new deals I've noticed at Best Buy
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD $20
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Deluxe edition $20

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
If you do make the spreadsheet, do logos instead of the retailer's name. You can make the cells a lot smaller and easier to compare prices visually.
Here I did it with CAGs sheet

Good idea! I'll definitely do that. Another thing I didn't like was how CAG's didn't lock the header at the top. I noticed you did that in your copy and it just makes it more functional rather than having to remember which column is which retailer.

Doorakz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any good deals on the pro controller for switch? Best I can find is $62....

Megatron thank you!!!!! Just reordered a bunch of my games, going to return for the credit and get $30+ back.

Last edited:

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances Nintendo puts the Fighters Pass on sale for Smash tomorrow? Slim to none?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I'm still here. But black friday is over, you say? Hold onto your buts ya'll, 'cause CYBER MONDAY price errors gonna be rolling in tonight.