• Thor 2:DarkWorld

Votes: 780 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mukrab

Banned
Apr 19, 2020
You might not explicitly talk about politics, but as almost everything in life has a bearing in politics you are implicitly talking about it. Like if you complain about your pay for that month, it's politics.
I mean if you want to go that route then yes everyone talks about local politics but then the question is irrelevant because there is so much you could consider politics that its axiomatic that everyone talks about it.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to PA being called in 90 minutes when I went to sleep last night? lol

I was honestly surprised when I woke up and it still wasn't called... again.

Wasn't CNN teasing the race being called soon on Thursday afternoon EU time? All that I've gotten from CNN since PA being called are spicy takes and Richard Quest being excited about the future of mice

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Are Arizona and Georgia assumed to stay blue in 2024? Or are we thinking this was more a one-off occurrence?
Both are evolutions of long-term trends towards blue. I think Dems could hold Georgia given the huge amount of focus that's been put in the state.

I'm less certain about Arizona though, I think avenging McCain was the big push that flipped it this time. It looks like Biden's lead is more tenuous than it initially seemed, so perhaps they're not really as far along that trendline as people had hoped.

Mind you anything can happen in 4 years. Predicting anything in politics is truly futile.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017

Wasn't CNN teasing the race being called soon on Thursday afternoon EU time? All that I've gotten from CNN since PA being called are spicy takes and Richard Quest being excited about the future of mice

it will be called soooon

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Stop giving me anxiety.

Mett

Oct 29, 2017
News places ain't calling anything, the ratings probably better than they've been all year this week.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I just have to say this has to be the greatest thread of all-time. One day once everything is official I may take a look at the meltdowns the night of the election for a few laughs. What a roller-coaster of a thread

Croyles

Oct 25, 2017
I cant speak for every country but in my country i guarantee you that MOST people dont talk about politics period, let alone US politics. But i guess out of people who are on ERA that most follow it at least.
I am talking about people on ERA specifically. But I guess we have different experiences in normal day to day conversation. It's a big topic here.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
4 millions more votes for a candidate and still can't call the results. That's America B-Tier democracy for you.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017

Basically, people don't want to call it until Biden's lead in PA is >35k, which is the range where an automatic recount isn't called. It hasn't met that yet so....everyone's going "Biden's proooooobably got this in the bag, buuuuuuuuuut...."

SJurgenson

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

In a normal election year, nearly all the outstanding states would have been called yesterday. The networks seem to be extremely cautious this cycle, due to Trump likely to pitch a fit about losing, and due to the difficulties in projecting results during an election during a pandemic.

It seems likely that PA -- and with it the presidential election -- will be called tomorrow. Theres just not enough possible vote left for Trump to plausibly sustain the idea he could pull ahead there.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I want to start a petition for Obama to wear a tan suit to the inauguration.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
Man, I wake up and it's STILL not decided.
Networks saying it's very likely for Biden to win but nothing official yet.

Hurry up guys, pls

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
All I want is some world leader to congratulate Biden on Twitter and Trump to get pissy in the replies.

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017

Those 30 seconds of calm tho.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At this point, despite what the media says, they're complicit in Trumps bullshit. They need to just call the election so that people can move on. They're letting the fraud narrative dangle more and more because they refuse to just tell people it's over.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Let's be real here, non americans know much more about American politics that americans know about non-american ones.

I talk with my friends about politics constantly, and if there's one country other than ours that we speak about is of course the US.

(Helps that most of us have lived there at one point or other of our lives but the reason that we went there in the first place is the same as why people are more knowledgeable about it's politics)

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Also as a bit of perspective for the non-Americans complaining about the global community checking in, you'd, uhh, be surprised how much your stuff dominates our news cycle globally.

QNeHKfS.png

This is the front page of Australia's non-profit, national broadcaster. We have a 24/7 liveblog dedicated to the election where people can ask questions as well as live updates news being reported, which has been running since election day. We also have a 24/7 news channel which you can stream or is on TV takes short breaks between election coverage to cover the national and local news going on here. I have to scroll down to the 7th top story to get an Australian, non-US politics central story. I had a chat today with someone who didn't know that a long standing court case by a Trumpian mining magnate here suing one of our states cause they closed their borders for COVID-19 has been thrown out and ordered to pay the court costs.

We certainly don't get the full experience or info, but, at least here in Australia, you guys are often our media world when something goes on.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017

Sadly, I think Trump is more likely to be angry thinking that a company making oddly shaped bottles of water congratulated Biden.

Fiji is desperate for countries to start taking action on climate change, as are many low-lying island nations in the Pacific. Australia isn't doing shit, so I'm not surprised to see them reaching out to Biden.

This is the kind of thing why foreigners are so vested in this election (like myself). It's very hard to make global change without the US.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Also as a bit of perspective for the non-Americans complaining about the global community checking in, you'd, uhh, be surprised how much your stuff dominates our news cycle globally.

QNeHKfS.png

This is the front page of Australia's non-profit, national broadcaster. We have a 24/7 liveblog dedicated to the election where people can ask questions as well as live updates news being reported, which has been running since election day. We also have a 24/7 news channel which you can stream or is on TV takes short breaks between election coverage to cover the national and local news going on here. I have to scroll down to the 7th top story to get an Australian, non-US politics central story. I had a chat today with someone who didn't know that a long standing court case by a Trumpian mining magnate here suing one of our states cause they closed their borders for COVID-19 has been thrown out and ordered to pay the court costs.

We certainly don't get the full experience or info, but, at least here in Australia, you guys are often our media world when something goes on.
Same over here in Spain. You might think that it's a us-only thing, but it's everything but, all the eyes are focused in your country right now, like it or not, and whoever wins will impact the lives of a lot more than the 350ish million in your country.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Fiji is desperate for countries to start taking action on climate change, as are many low-lying island nations in the Pacific. Australia isn't doing shit, so I'm not surprised to see them reaching out to Biden.

This is the kind of thing why foreigners are so vested in this election (like myself). It's very hard to make global change without the US.

Yep, there's been a lot of hope that a Biden win will drag our Prime Minister (Fuckin Scomo) kicking and screaming into doing something, given he's been using Trump's complete disregard as a bit of an excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.