Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I have a dumb question related to nothing in particular: It's fair to say that Regina King is HUGE right now. It's also fair to say that her recurring role on Big Bang Theory is not WHY she's huge, so I assume she was something of a big deal during that time. How did she end up on BBT?
She started on Big Bang in 2013. She did American Crime in 2015 which is the role she got her Emmy and such.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘You’ Challenges ‘Squid Game’ in Streaming Charts

The third season of the Netflix thriller has a big opening week, while 'Shameless' tops the acquired series rankings.

Original Series

1. Squid Game (Netflix), 2.25 billion minutes viewed
2. You (Netflix), 1.94 billion
3. Maid (Netflix), 1.47 billion
4. The Great British Baking Show (Netflix), 519 million
5. Midnight Mass (Netflix), 445 million
6. Dave Chappelle: The Closer (Netflix), 357 million
7. Ted Lasso (Apple TV+), 352 million
8. Only Murders in the Building (Hulu), 317 million
9. On My Block (Netflix), 311 million
10. Lucifer (Netflix), 307 million

Acquired Series

1. Shameless (Netflix), 964 million minutes
2. Cocomelon (Netflix), 662 million
3. The Blacklist (Netflix), 656 million
4. Seinfeld (Netflix), 581 million
5. NCIS (Netflix), 572 million
6. Criminal Minds (Netflix), 490 million
7. Grey's Anatomy (Netflix), 416 million
8. Good Witch (Netflix), 357 million
9. Heartland (Netflix), 352 million
10. Supernatural (Netflix), 318 million

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I still didn't finish S3 of You. I have 2 episodes left and I haven't been in the mood to watch them in weeks.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't say You is at that Dexter level yet, but it is teetering pretty close to it (
You at the very least, mostly jettisons its annoying supporting cast each season
). For sure feels like a show that needs to end next season, or maybe 1 after. Concept isn't strong enough to sustain much more.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I still find it kinda crazy how You was like this nothing failure of a show when it first aired on Lifetime and now it's one of the biggest shows in the world on Netflix.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I still find it kinda crazy how You was like this nothing failure of a show when it first aired on Lifetime and now it's one of the biggest shows in the world on Netflix.
I mean. It was on Lifetime.

But yeah, I understand though, it was just a fun show with tons of wacky things happening. Easy enjoyable content. Helped by a charismatic lead that really sold the narration bits, especially. Second season was fun because it added the twist with Love being a killer herself. But this last season was just a whole bunch of nothing. The new obsession was dumb, the marriage stuff was dumb, there was way too little of the actual stalking psychopath stuff and after the first kill nothing happened all season until the final two episodes and that was all very "oh yeah, I totally randomly took adrenaline because I knew you were growing Wolfsbane in the garden HA HA HA.

Demonic Drape

Banned
Sep 10, 2021
Yellowstone is a mixed bag. Every once in a while it has some genuinely good stuff in it, and cole hauser and kevin Costner are great in it. But there is a lot of silly Soap opera level stuff happening that brings it down.

I did not enjoy the first 2 episodes of the new season. The cliff hanger of last season was pointless and it feels like its spinning its wheels so far in S4.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Yellowstone is a mixed bag. Every once in a while it has some genuinely good stuff in it, and cole hauser and kevin Costner are great in it. But there is a lot of silly Soap opera level stuff happening that brings it down.

I did not enjoy the first 2 episodes of the new season. The cliff hanger of last season was pointless and it feels like its spinning its wheels so far in S4.

If I really enjoy Mayans M.C. is there a good chance I will like Yellowstone? Mayans has plenty of melodrama in it.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very happy that HBO Max actually sent a push notification to let me know about South Side season 2 because even though I replied to a comment about it here, I forgot about when the series would come back. Do all the services do notifications for new seasons if the show is on your list? Netflix did it for me for Big Mouth season 5 as well I think.

---

The talk of Regina King reminds me of a discussion I think we had on this board once but maybe not a TV specific thread. Either that or it was some study about the different ages that specific genders and races tend to find their "break" and/or recognition in Hollywood. It was pretty interesting. Does anyone remember what I'm referencing?

Also, I know its not WHY she ended up on BBT but Regina King always makes me first think of The Boondocks. I remember watching a clip of her in the studio and how she was having a conversation with herself doing the characters. It just stuck with me as something really cool. But she was in a lot of other projects obviously. Really cool that she got into directing as well.

Aug 7, 2019
Just looked at NBC's midseason 2022 schedule and Weakest Link is nowhere on it

Did NBC reverse the renewal and quietly cancel it?

Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

La Brea Renewed for Season 2 at NBC

'La Brea' will officially be back for a second season at NBC — get details.
omg thank you NBC

Sci-Fi finally gets a second season for once. Felt like Manifest was the only thing that could last as of late.

Regardless, looking forward to more Josh and Scott moments.

Kind of hope they continue to put barriers to keep Gavin from going down there.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I wish networks would stop putting everything on Sundays. I literally have like 7-8 hours worth of shows every Sunday and nothing on the other days of the week. I can spread them out but like also maybe just try scheduling on other days??? 🥵

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Here are this week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of November 14, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-11-14/

Squid Game is finally dethroned after being at #1 for SEVEN straight weeks!

1.Arcane: League of LegendsSeason 1United StatesNEW
2.Squid GameSeason 1South Korea↓ 1
3.Narcos: MexicoSeasons 1-3United States=
4.YouSeasons 1-3United States↓ 2
5.AnimalSeason 1BrazilNEW
6.MaidLimited SeriesUnited States↓ 2
7.Dynasty (2017)Seasons 1-4United States↓ 2
8.Hometown Cha-Cha-ChaSeason 1South Korea↓ 1
9.Big MouthSeasons 1-5United States↓ 3
10.Paw PatrolSeasons 1-8United StatesRE-ENTRY
Out from last week: Locke and Key, My Name, Maya and the Three

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of November 14, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-11-14/

1.Big MouthSeasons 1-5=
2.Arcane: League of LegendsSeason 1NEW
3.Narcos: MexicoSeasons 1-3=
4.Squid GameSeason 1=
5.YouSeasons 1-3↓ 3
6.AnimalSeason 1NEW
7.CocomelonSeasons 1-4↓ 1
8.The Great British Bake OffCollections 1-9↑ 1
9.The ThundermansSeasons 1-2↓ 1
10.MaidLimited Series↓ 3
Out from last week: Catching Killers, Colin in Black and White

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I wish networks would stop putting everything on Sundays. I literally have like 7-8 hours worth of shows every Sunday and nothing on the other days of the week. I can spread them out but like also maybe just try scheduling on other days??? 🥵

Only have the HBO trio - Succession/Insecure/Curb, but I blame everybody chasing the Sunday night HBO prestige show factor and placing their biggest shows on that night to signify importance and maybe for the Monday water cooler talk in the office.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Only have the HBO trio - Succession/Insecure/Curb, but I blame everybody chasing the Sunday night HBO prestige show factor and placing their biggest shows on that night to signify importance and maybe for the Monday water cooler talk in the office.

Yep. But like at a certain point you'd think they'd fear getting buried and move to like Wednesday or something...

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yep. But like at a certain point you'd think they'd fear getting buried and move to like Wednesday or something...

Yeah, I remember Cinemax would have their Friday releases. Netflix has most of their big shows on Friday. But FX started putting some of their bigger shows on Sunday. AMC did for a while as well, Starz too. They must just expect a lot of people will watch on demand or catch up during the week.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Arcane is great and I hope Riot's endless money means it's not at risk of being cancelled

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, I had always been okay with forgiving Seal Team for its bullshit because I just want to turn my brain off but they did an episode where they go rogue to go back to Afghanistan to save a woman that got abandoned after the US pullout. lol

Right wing fan fiction at its finest. lol

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Jesus, I had always been okay with forgiving Seal Team for its bullshit because I just want to turn my brain off but they did an episode where they go rogue to go back to Afghanistan to save a woman that got abandoned after the US pullout. lol

Right wing fan fiction at its finest. lol

Now with more 'fucks'!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So I can start la brea and at least have season 1 cliffhanger resolution?

Shit Most NBC genre shows don't get a midseason cliffhanger resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.