Status
Not open for further replies.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Just keep Tarantino away from the scripts. I can't imagine anything good coming from him trying to put words into the mouths of people from Detroit.

Being on FX should limit his worst impulses. Jackie Brown proves he can deliver the goods on a Leonard script. Now we just need to get Michael Keaton to show up as Ray Nicolette.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Finished Motherland Fort Salem S2. I love it and it was a definite improvement over S1, but what the hell is up with that finale? It was so rushed and feels like they burn through at least a season worth of materials in 40 minutes.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Shrink Next Door is like Accents the TV show. Everyone of them hamming it up.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

HBO has set an April premiere date for horror comedy series The Baby, a co-production with Sky. The eight-episode series will debut Sunday, April 24 at 10:30 PM on HBO and will stream on HBO Max.

We're also getting a first look at the series in a teaser trailer (which appropriately begins with a crying baby).

The Baby, from debut screenwriter Siân Robins-Grace, Lucy Gaymer and Cherynobyl producer Sister, is a darkly funny, raw examination of motherhood, from the perspective of a woman who doesn't want to be one.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Award shows in general can be hit or miss to me, but it's cool to see how far TV has come in general that international shows in non-English formats can hit big. I know a few of them have been some of my favorite series these past few years.

ae71bf0bc9c61510319ab763fd0be7ff

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
deadline.com

‘Twisted Metal’: Peacock Lands Live-Action Video Game Adaptation Starring Anthony Mackie With Series Order

Peacock has handed a series order to Twisted Metal, a comedic half-hour live-action adaptation of the video game phenomenon starring Anthony Mackie.

We cut to a live shot of the Twisted Metal producers finding out that their show landed on Peacock.....

giphy.gif

But the real eye opener here is has to be...

Peacock has handed a series order to Twisted Metal, a comedic half-hour live-action adaptation of the popular video game,

This thing is a half hour comedy?! I just assumed that this was going to be an hour long action/drama.

Whaaaaa...

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
We cut to a live shot of the Twisted Metal producers finding out that their show landed on Peacock.....

giphy.gif

But the real eye opener here is has to be...

This thing is a half hour comedy?! I just assumed that this was going to be an hour long action/drama.

Whaaaaa...
The thing you should've been surprised about and underlined was "popular". It's been irrelevant for 20 years.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Matt Barr is joining Walker Independence as Hoyt Rawlins, a lovable rogue. His previous roles include playing Hoyt Rawlins, a lovable rogue on Walker. Not the same character.
tvline.com

Walker Vet Matt Barr Joins Prequel Pilot Independence as… 1800s Hoyt Rawlins!

'Walker: Independence': Matt Barr, who recurred as Hoyt Rawlins on 'Walker,' will play 1800s Hoyt Rawlins in The CW's prequel pilot.
I assumed they would do this, and on paper it probably seems stupid but I'm okay with it lol

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Pretty sure this info has been out there for quite a while.

You are absolutely correct, upon checking and this was in the original Deadline article. At first I wondered how I could have missed it the first time and then I remembered that I simply don't care enough about this project to retain even baic information about it...

The thing you should've been surprised about and underlined was "popular". It's been irrelevant for 20 years.

Absolutely. Let's see how far Peacock's marketing gets with a trailer that boasts "From the 'studio' that brought you the hit Last Of Us series!".

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm what happened to his BSG show? Is that still on?
After the show lost its showrunner about a year back it's gone super quiet from the looks of it. Simon Kinberg mentioned the BSG movie back in January and that he's working fairly closely with Esmail still, between the movie and show, so it's still in development, at least!

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
A lot of talent involved in this project.

deadline.com

William Jackson Harper & Cristin Milioti To Headline ‘The Resort’; Skyler Gisondo, 2 Others Cast In Peacock Series

William Jackson Harper (Love Life) and Cristin Milioti (Made for Love) have been tapped as the leads in Peacock's The Resort.

Sounds interesting, but I hope we get more I Think You Should Leave as well.

deadline.com

HBO Max Orders ‘Computer School’ Comedy Pilot From ‘I Think You Should Leave With Tim Robinson’ Duo

HBO has given a pilot green light to Computer School, a single-camera comedy written/executive produced by Tim Robinson and Zach Kanin.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Good to see he got paid and is back on board.

deadline.com

John DiMaggio To Return For ‘Futurama’ Revival On Hulu: “#Bendergate Is Officially Over”

Holdout John DiMaggio has closed a deal to reprise his signature voice role as foul-mouthed robot Bender on Futurama.
Yeah, glad to see he's back. Though I wouldn't entirely have minded if they revoiced him, could have just done a gag where he loses his old voice modulator and gets a new one and be done with it.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, glad to see he's back. Though I wouldn't entirely have minded if they revoiced him, could have just done a gag where he loses his old voice modulator and gets a new one and be done with it.
Yeah that would have worked well. I would have still watched even if I would have wanted the original voice.

This sort of reminds me of one of the TMNT series and how they had a recast. Although in that case, I can't remember if the VA was fired or if it was convenient timing that one of the characters was severely injured and then sounded different once they started to heal. But I think they did, in story, sort of mention that the injury was related to the different voice if memory serves correctly.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
deadline.com

HBO Max Orders ‘Computer School’ Comedy Pilot From ‘I Think You Should Leave With Tim Robinson’ Duo

HBO has given a pilot green light to Computer School, a single-camera comedy written/executive produced by Tim Robinson and Zach Kanin.

This is the first comedy idea/project in a while that has had interested based on nothing more than the title.

When you then factor in the talent attached this project could have huge potential.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Welp, the DVR couldn't handle the 10 hour recording rate. Missed a bit of The Amazing Race finale.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
tvline.com

The Afterparty Renewed for Season 2

Apple TV+ has renewed the all-star comedy 'The Afterparty' for Season 2, TVLine has learned — get the details.

tvline.com

Next Level Chef Renewed, Ranks No. 2 Among Fox Entertainment Programs

"Next Level Chef" is cooking with gas, and as such has been renewed by Fox for a second season -- get details.

tvline.com

The Bold and the Beautiful Renewed for 2 More Seasons, Sets Brooke Logan Special Episode for 35th Anniversary

CBS' daytime soap 'The Bold and the Beautiful' secures a two-season renewal and announces a Brooke Logan special episode — get the details.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

The Afterparty Renewed for Season 2

Apple TV+ has renewed the all-star comedy 'The Afterparty' for Season 2, TVLine has learned — get the details.

tvline.com

Next Level Chef Renewed, Ranks No. 2 Among Fox Entertainment Programs

"Next Level Chef" is cooking with gas, and as such has been renewed by Fox for a second season -- get details.

tvline.com

The Bold and the Beautiful Renewed for 2 More Seasons, Sets Brooke Logan Special Episode for 35th Anniversary

CBS' daytime soap 'The Bold and the Beautiful' secures a two-season renewal and announces a Brooke Logan special episode — get the details.
Curious if the after-party season 2 will be a new murder and cast. I'd imagine as it seems like it's going to be wrapped up this season. It hasn't hit quite the highs I'd hoped based on the cast and crew but it's been an amazingly solid and pleasant watch every week
Another true life story turned into series, a pass for me. Elle Fanning is talented though.

Another Elle Hulu joint huh? I'll stick with The Great. This true crime story has been told a dozen times already not least by HBO.

Spy shit is more my jam.

Interesting dichotomy from Tinker Tailor Oldman to this. Looks a little lite on spy for my tastes and Suspicion has been sort of a dud (another apple plus Brit thriller) but I'll certainly give it a twirl. Hopefully it's better than Suspicion has been

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Curious if the after-party season 2 will be a new murder and cast. I'd imagine as it seems like it's going to be wrapped up this season. It hasn't hit quite the highs I'd hoped based on the cast and crew but it's been an amazingly solid and pleasant watch every week

I imagine that will be the situation with Tiffany Haddish coming back to work a new case.

Status
Not open for further replies.