EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I swore this was already in production a long time ago, since she couldn't do Scream 7 because it was filming.
I thought that was assumed a lie and the producers behind scream didnt want to admit she wouldnt be back because they fired the other actress due to support for palestine posts? The "scheduling issue" happened right after that.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Fox is getting ANOTHER animated comedy? And its already got a renewal. I'm guessing The Great North will be what replaces it midseason unless they are going to have the same sort of issue next year that they had this year with how crowded things are and bad airing schedules. Interesting to see something that was (is?) huge for them with Family Guy is a midseason show now.

I feel like Fox has pumped out animated series for years trying to find that next hit that only last like 2 seasons because most animated shows come with a 2 season order upfront due to the time it takes to make them. Doesn't feel that weird

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I thought that was assumed a lie and the producers behind scream didnt want to admit she wouldnt be back because they fired the other actress due to support for palestine posts? The "scheduling issue" happened right after that.

no, she had already announced she couldn't do Scream 7 before that firing happened.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
no, she had already announced she couldn't do Scream 7 before that firing happened.
Most the articles confirming she wouldnt be back all come after Melissa was fired. You got an article or something of the announcement before that situation? None of the articles mention an official announcement of her exiting before the firing.
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Jenna Ortega Drops Out of ‘Scream VII’

The news comes one day after Spyglass fired Melissa Barrera from the project.
www.forbes.com

Jenna Ortega Is Not Returning To ‘Scream 7’ — Here’s Why

Ortega’s exit is reportedly unrelated to her castmate’s recent firing and has allegedly been in the works for months — even before the SAG-AFTRA strike.
variety.com

Jenna Ortega Exits ‘Scream 7’ Due to ‘Wednesday’ Season 2 Schedule

Jenna Ortega has left 'Scream 7.' Her co-star Melissa Barrera was fired from the film after her social media posts about Israel.

There are pieces in the article that say it was rumored she wouldnt be returning, but nothing confirmed. Seems odd that rumor seems to only have come out after she exited.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Fox has pumped out animated series for years trying to find that next hit that only last like 2 seasons because most animated shows come with a 2 season order upfront due to the time it takes to make them. Doesn't feel that weird
They are prepping in case Disney takes their shows with them.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Most the articles confirming she wouldnt be back all come after Melissa was fired. You got an article or something of the announcement before that situation? None of the articles mention an official announcement of her exiting before the firing.
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Jenna Ortega Drops Out of ‘Scream VII’

The news comes one day after Spyglass fired Melissa Barrera from the project.
www.forbes.com

Jenna Ortega Is Not Returning To ‘Scream 7’ — Here’s Why

Ortega’s exit is reportedly unrelated to her castmate’s recent firing and has allegedly been in the works for months — even before the SAG-AFTRA strike.
variety.com

Jenna Ortega Exits ‘Scream 7’ Due to ‘Wednesday’ Season 2 Schedule

Jenna Ortega has left 'Scream 7.' Her co-star Melissa Barrera was fired from the film after her social media posts about Israel.

There are pieces in the article that say it was rumored she wouldnt be returning, but nothing confirmed. Seems odd that rumor seems to only have come out after she exited.

it was "rumored" which then after Melissa was fired was confirmed - likely in solidarity to show she already wasn't going to be in it either. But it was pretty heavily rumored and everyone was assuming Neve might be back since she was filming Wednesday.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot to post the upfront schedule for this week. It's gonna be a busy week for news.

Upfronts 2024 Schedule

(All times ET)

MONDAY, May 13

NBCUniversal (10:30 a.m., Radio City Music Hall)
Fox (4 p.m., Manhattan Center, 311 W. 34th St.)

TUESDAY, May 14

Amazon – 9:30 a.m. (Pier 36)
TelevisaUnivision (Noon, HK Hall, 605 W. 48th St.)
Disney – 4 p.m. (North Javits Center)

WEDNESDAY, May 15

Warner Bros Discovery (10 a.m., Theatre at Madison Square Garden)
Netflix (2:30 p.m., Pier 59 Studios)
YouTube (6 p.m., David Geffen Theatre, Lincoln Center)

Ahead of this afternoon, Fox released its fall schedule.

deadline.com

Fox Fall 2024 Schedule: ‘Lone Star’ Succeeds ‘9-1-1’, ‘The Floor’ Moves, ‘Family Guy’ Among 8 Scripted Series Held For Midseason

Fox unveiled its 2024-25 schedule during its upfront presentation in New York City Monday.

tvline.com

Fox Fall Schedule: 9-1-1: Lone Star and Accused Return, Family Guy MIA — Plus, What’s Replacing SmackDown?

Fox released its schedule for the Fall TV season. What shows are on the move, where did new ones land, and what's on hold until midseason?

NEW SHOWS IN CAPS, CLICK TITLE FOR DETAILS

MONDAY
8 pm 9-1-1: Lone Star
9 pm RESCUE: HI-SURF (new drama)

TUESDAY
8 pm Accused
9 pm MURDER IN A SMALL TOWN (new drama)

WEDNESDAY
8 pm The Masked Singer
9 pm The Floor

THURSDAY
8 pm Hell's Kitchen
9 pm Special Forces: World's Toughest Test

FRIDAY
8 pm Fox College Football Friday/Fox College Hoops/Fox UFL
Reminder: WWE SmackDown moves to USA Network on Sept. 13

SATURDAY
7 pm Fox Sports Saturday

SUNDAY
7 pm NFL on Fox
7:30 pm The OT / Fox Animation Encores
8 pm The Simpsons
8:30 pm UNIVERSAL BASIC GUYS (new animated comedy)
9 pm Bob's Burgers
9:30 pm Krapopolis

MIDSEASON

Alert: Missing Persons Unit
Animal Control
The Cleaning Lady
Crime Scene Kitchen
DOC
EXTRACTED
Family Guy
GOING DUTCH
The Great North
LEGO Masters
MasterChef
Name That Tune
Next Level Chef

So did Lonestar technically have a 2023-2024 season? From what I recall, it's most recent season was held mid-season from 2022-2023 season. It's like they are just skipping a year for the show.

Of course pretty common for streaming shows, but not so for ones on broadcast.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Adam Carolla doing a shitty cartoon for Daily Wire is such a weird thing. Somehow Jimmy Kimmel turned out to be not a shithead (apparently) but he went the other direction.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I see. I haven't paid too much attention to the double orders or order and pre-release renewal. That does make sense to do it together so there isn't a lull in the cartoons schedule.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
There is one show I'm waiting on. Battlebots has a whole tournament filmed yet it hasn't broadcasted it on Discovery. And there's been little word on any developments on that.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
There is one show I'm waiting on. Battlebots has a whole tournament filmed yet it hasn't broadcasted it on Discovery. And there's been little word on any developments on that.
I was thinking about this show not too long ago. When I searched around, I couldn't find anything at all about when it might air and just assumed that they hadn't even had the tournament yet.

Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

The Rookie and Will Trent Won’t Return Until 2025 — Here’s Why That’s a Good Thing

The bad news: 'The Rookie' and 'Will Trent' new seasons are being held for early 2025: The good News? Well...
Both The Rookie and Will Trent, which air their finales next Tuesday, May 21, won't return with their new seasons until 2025.

ABC's fall schedule for the 2024-25 season features a Tuesday line-up of Dancing With the Stars leading into the new drama High Potential. Neither Will Trent nor The Rookie are anywhere to be seen, held as they both are for "midseason."

The good news, though, is that once the two dramas return, they'll do so in non-stop runs (of 18 episodes each, TVLine hears).

Oct 25, 2017
ABC Fall Schedule is looking rough.
MONDAY
8 pm Monday Night Football (on select Mondays)

TUESDAY
8 pm Dancing With the Stars
10 pm HIGH POTENTIAL (new drama)

WEDNESDAY
8 pm THE GOLDEN BACHELORETTE
9:30 pm Abbott Elementary
10 pm SCAMANDA (new docuseries)

THURSDAY
8 pm 9-1-1
9 pm DOCTOR ODYSSEY (new drama)
10 pm Grey's Anatomy

FRIDAY
8 pm Shark Tank
9 pm 20/20

SATURDAY
7:30 pm College Football

SUNDAY
7 pm America's Funniest Home Videos
8 pm The Wonderful World of Disney

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
ABC is down to one sitcom? I guess Golden Bachelorette is 90 minutes. That franchise is a big draw so it probably won't hurt Abbott I suppose.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
deadline.com

‘Legally Blonde’ Prequel Series ‘Elle’ Ordered By Amazon From Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine

Prime Video has ordered Elle, a Legally Blonde prequel series. It hails from the films' star Reese Witherspoon and her Hello Sunshine banner.

tvline.com

The Summer I Turned Pretty Delayed Until 2025, Will Return With Supersized Season 3

'The Summer I Turned Pretty' Season 3 release date delayed until 2025... but there's also some good news for fans of the Prime Video YA series.

Ferda

The Fallen
Jan 25, 2019
Portland, OR
Cool now I just have Monday Night Football on ABC till Rookie and Will Trent return. Pretty sure I will be giving up on the FBIs next year as they have really fallen off this year, the only one I have really enjoyed has been International and that's lost and losing great characters although I do like the new girl they got. With so many shows ending/canceled I'm almost out of network television shows which as a TV lover is a bummer.